You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Wall Street 2 - 3/10 - Shia LeBeuf is absolutely shit. He's no Bud Fox, and the storyline is more like him being shit, than Michael Douglas being ace. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

The Switch - Ugh... 1/10 - This film just fails as anything. It's not a very good comedy, it's not a very good romance film, it's not a very good ... um... anything. I didn't give a shit about any of the characters. One point given for the line: "I hijacked her pregnancy", which isn't really funny... but just never will be said again.

Whip It 6.5/10

It was alright but it just seemed so slow. The story was slow, the rollerskating scenes were slow, the music was middle of the road, slow indie shite. It was all a little too slow.

Not bad, but could have been better with a more experienced director as it was a good idea.

Wall Street 2 - 3/10 - Shia LeBeuf is absolutely shit. He's no Bud Fox, and the storyline is more like him being shit, than Michael Douglas being ace. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Agree entirely. LaBeouf makes Charlie Sheen look like a proper actor. Really poor film. Not helped by Oliver Stone appearing on screen every so often...

The Vanishing (original). 8/10. Seen this before ages ago and thought i'd give it another viewing. Although knowing the ending takes a bit away from the film, it's still a great watch.

Makes you realise how bad the Hollywood remake was.

'Spoorloos'.

Incredibly creepy film, (in the best possible way). I have seldom watched movies that truly got under my skin, this is one of them.

Fuck that American remake nonsense.

Brooklyns Finest

5/10

I read that it was up there with Training Day, thats laughable, its not fit to lace Training Days boots. Training Day was edge of your seat and had you really feeling for Ethan Hawkes character and all that he was going through.

Never at one point during Brooklyns Finest did I feel any emotion for any of the main characters. It was a decent ending like but hammy as fuck in the way it is conceived.

I might just watch Training Day again to relive the brilliance after watching this lame effort.

American Pyscho 8/10 Surprised me with it's vein of dark humour - I found myself laughing at some of the murders. Loved the whole 80's excess shallowness vibe. I didn't like the ending though otherwise it was going to be 9/10

Have you read the book ? If not I thoroughly recommend it. If you think the film adaptation had a dark sense of humour wait until you find out what Patrick Bateman likes to do with rats.

Have you read the book ? If not I thoroughly recommend it. If you think the film adaptation had a dark sense of humour wait until you find out what Patrick Bateman likes to do with rats.

I concur, the book is awesome. Although I hated the film, won't watch anything with Bale in as a result.