You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Speed Racer - 5 out of 10. Visually stunning, with loads of bright, startling imagery and candy floss colour scheme. Unforunately the movie seems content to pander to the young and as a result, the older viewer feels left out no matter how much they're willing to commit to the movie's strange world of bright colours and odd physics. I can't understand Warners committing the amount of money they did to the movie as it's youth orientated sensibilities and outlandish visuals was never going to be huge box office.

Unleashed on ITV1: minus 47512/10

So appalling I don't even know where to start.

Adulthood - minus 4/10

Turned it off after about an hour bruv, innit?

Total fucking shite. Can't stand that pathetic "knar wha am sayin and ting?" accent that didn't even exist, anywhere on earth, until about 8 or 9 years ago, when pathetic skinny white London dick heads started listening to far too much Tim Westwood.

Innit.

Bruv.

Blud.

Cunts.

The Wrestler - 8.5/10

Great script and perhaps the most believable lead character I've seen in years. The part was just written for Mickey Rourke. I think it was more poignant for me as I was more than aware of the the self-destructive elements to life that both "Ram" and Rourke share. You could just see that some of ROurke's tears were genuine and from himself, not from his character.

I'd have scored as high as 9.5 had the ending been just a little more conclusive, and I think it could have been a longer film by at least a half hour. But I might be being a tad harsh there.

Bottom line is that I was touched, and even genuinly concerned for the central, albeit fictional, character for a long time after leaving the cinema. That's a very rare thing in film terms, and far more than I expected.

I am Legend

Would've benefitted from a plot. 4/10

Read the book Cath, much better and a much much better ending than that hollywood ending.

Let the right one in - Think it was Swedish, but great story of a boy who befriends his new vampire neighbour - sounds shit but isnt in the slightest - 8/10.

The Wrestler - 8.5/10

Great script and perhaps the most believable lead character I've seen in years. The part was just written for Mickey Rourke. I think it was more poignant for me as I was more than aware of the the self-destructive elements to life that both "Ram" and Rourke share. You could just see that some of ROurke's tears were genuine and from himself, not from his character.

I'd have scored as high as 9.5 had the ending been just a little more conclusive, and I think it could have been a longer film by at least a half hour. But I might be being a tad harsh there.

Bottom line is that I was touched, and even genuinly concerned for the central, albeit fictional, character for a long time after leaving the cinema. That's a very rare thing in film terms, and far more than I expected.

Good shout. It appears some on here have totally missed the central point of this film. This is a grown-up film about 'Humanity' and all it's failings. Repped.

Edited by SammyAftershave

The Hurt Locker Iraq. Forced to play a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse in the chaos of war, an elite Army bomb squad unit must come together in a city where everyone is a potential enemy and every object could be a deadly bomb.

Really enjoyed this,gives you a insight to what is going on in Iraq,and what it is like out there for these guys.It's well worth a watch even if you dont like war films,as this is not like any other war film I can think of. 9/10

Sorry I'm late...

Slumdog Millionaire: 8.5/10. Really rather good although my girlfriend felt it didn't quite get across how smelly Mumbai is. What?

Into the Wild: On Mr Ross's recommendation. 7/10. Didn't like it much while I was watching it, but afterwards though "Yeah, that's actually good".

The Darjeeling Ltd. 5/10. Odd.

Stepbrothers: 6/10. Funny in parts but a waste of time.

Cloverfield: 6/10. Starts well but gets boring.

40 year old Virgin: 8/10. First time I'd seen it. Laughed my arse off in parts.

The Illusionist: 7.5/10. Really quite enjoyed it but it's not that good.

No way man!! It's your brain that's broken!!

Man on Fire is a BRILLIANT movie!

Now bend over and spread your cheeks...

It was alright but all that cheesy pop video slow mo stuff got on my nerves.

If there was no cheesy pop video slow mo stuff then I may have been drunker than I thought.

Good shout. It appears some on here have totally missed the central point of this film. This is a grown-up film about 'Humanity' and all it's failings. Repped.

Aye. There were some good, if a little predicatable, parrallels with Ram and Pam the stripper as well. Both professions are exploited and degraded for money by the mindless, and then thrown on the scrap heap etc when they're time is up.

Both are viewed as pieces as meat and not as human beings.

A little predictable, as I say, but it was good nonetheless.

Pineapple Express.. 7.5/10 - Very very funny in parts. The stabbing with the fork scene had me crying with laughter as did the foot through the windscreen. Unfortunately, when it became an action flick at the end it kind of lost momentum and went totally off track.

Tropic Thunder.. 6/10 - Very average. Wouldn't probably had not even raised a smile without a brilliant performance from Downey Jr. I expected more from it.