You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Terry Mac on Bellamy bust up...

dave u

I have known McDermott for nearly 30 years as a player and coach with Newcastle and I have never seen him involved in any post-match trouble before.

Technically that is true - when he got involved in that scrap with Bruce Rioch in the mid 90's it was during the match

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably because we're so spoilt for players to 'feel things' for. 99% of players who have played for us retain their love for LFC and are more often than not very open about it in the press and so on. If McDermott has said Newcastle is his club now then so be it, you can't be expected to feel the same towards him as you would if he was telling the world he loved Liverpool

I actually don't mind the fact he supports them. He's spent a large part of his life up there and his family is settled in the area and all that. It's the snide digs he gives to our fans from time to time that i dislike, there's no need for it. He probably does it to raise his stock with the retards who watch his footy team, but I just hate to see lads who forget where they came from and i think he's done that.

Two of my all time best Liverpool goals are from Terrry Mac. The obviouse one in the 7-0 against spurs and the one he scored against Aberdeen - he chipped the goalie from about six yards - absolute quality.

The lad has forgot his roots and that is sad. I could never bring myself to dislike him - he has just went down a notch or two.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other, but all very juvenile and unnecessary.

Before that I would have said give Bellamy another run out on Saturday to practice his barn door hitting. But now maybe Rafa should put him on the bench and encourage him to grow up and into the Liverpool role, and let Crouchie back out there.

What's interesting about Terry Mc is that, although he's apparently an outspoken Newcastle fan, he gets a lot of shit from the Geordies; "parasite" is a word I've heard used more than once. I've also commonly heard it asked why he can't "fuck off back to his beloved Liverpool".

My first post, by the way, so hi.

Best username and avatar on the forum. Welcome.

McDermott can fuck off. Running to the first journalist the twat.

Thats pretty much what I wrote in todays diary entry for the next issue. What happens in the tunnel usually stays in the tunnel. Its like an unwritten rule, you don't talk about it. McDermott ran his mouth to the first hack that asked him about it.

Thats pretty much what I wrote in todays diary entry for the next issue. What happens in the tunnel usually stays in the tunnel. Its like an unwritten rule, you don't talk about it. McDermott ran his mouth to the first hack that asked him about it.

Paco will beat his sorry arse next time we meet.

CAN YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE PACMAN IS COOKING? ;)

Don't take Terry Mac to Vegas, he'll run his mouth to your bird first chance.

I work in Cardiff with a lot of Bellamy's mates - paly5 a side football in the same place as his dad. He seems to get a lot of bad press a few people think his a dick but one of the lads is one of his really close mates and by the sounds of it Bellamy is a really top lad. He gets a bad time in Cardiff because when he comes back here he is probably the most famous person in cardiff. Great player though and think he'll do great for us

The lad has forgot his roots and that is sad. I could never bring myself to dislike him - he has just went down a notch or two.

..... not sure that is entirely correct. And on another point, the only way Terry Mc would be pissing over a balcony on an FA Cup homecoming is a losing one, and that would be unlikely.

And another thing, when I was 11 I sent letters to half a dozen LFC first team players (from New Zealand) asking for sigs on my Shoot posters.

Terry Mc was the only one who replied - he can t be all bad.

you can't help but like bellamy.he is a real pain in the arse on & off the pitch but while he's a liverpool player he's exciting to watch.i hated him when he was at newcastle.he's that type of player & whilst he played at newcastle the geordie faithfull loved him.

just hope he rams mcdermots comments down his throat & he is a success at liverpool.

The latest controversy between Craig Bellamy and Newcastle United generated contrasting character references for the Liverpool striker yesterday as Terry McDermott branded him "a little upstart" and Rafael Benitez insisted he was a reformed player.

Bellamy has impressed behind the scenes at Anfield since his £6m move from Blackburn in the summer but became embroiled in an argument with Newcastle coach McDermott after Liverpool's 2-0 win over his former club on Wednesday. The pair, who worked together at Newcastle before the striker's falling-out with the then manager Graeme Souness, were involved in a dispute in the Anfield tunnel as McDermott contested two refused penalty claims for his side with the referee Mark Halsey and Bellamy, subject to continuous taunts and a bottle of water thrown from the travelling support, took issue.

"I was talking to the referee at the edge of the tunnel when Bellamy appeared on the scene and suddenly started calling me names," McDermott claimed yesterday. "I thought he was just joking... but he kept on calling me names and that is when it all kicked off. I had my say and when he got to the top of the stairs, he started shouting at me again. But of course he had security guys around him.

"I take exception to little upstarts like him. When he was at Newcastle he thought he was a big cheese. Everywhere he has been, he has been in bother - and it is all starting again at Liverpool."

That is not the view of Benitez who, before sanctioning his move from Ewood Park, spoke with the 27-year-old over his past reputation. "They were shouting for a few seconds and, for me, Craig is not guilty," the Spaniard said. "I have found him to be focused, mature and a very good example to the rest of the players. He understands this is his last opportunity at a big club and his behaviour has been perfect."

Liverpool have taken legal advice after being caught up in the BBC Panorama programme's investigation into football corruption. The agent Peter Harrison was filmed touting Middlesbrough's England youth player, Nathan Porritt, to an Anfield official. The club have denied breaching regulations governing approaches to players.

Kop boss Benitez insisted: "I spoke to him about it and he has assured me it was nothing important.

"You could hear a bit of shouting but no more and it was really nothing.

"You can see and hear worse things with other players. I think you need to look at the behaviour of the players on the pitch and that was OK. To see him closing down defenders in the last minute was a great example for the rest.

"He was always trying to regain the ball and play well.

"Off the pitch I promise you he is really focused, he's really mature. At this moment he is setting a great example for the others.

"He is fantastic in training every day and I really cannot say anything bad about him.

"Maybe if it was another club or player we would not be talking of this. For two months all people have been saying about him is how good he has been on and off the pitch.

"I always like to know everything about a player if possible. I knew about things that had been said and spoke about it.

"But it was the same when I signed Robbie Fowler, Jermaine Pennant and Fabio Aurelio. We need to know what they think about the club, the future and whether I think they will be a good signing.

"With Craig, people talked of his background but I think he understood what I wanted. All these players knew it was the last opportunity at a big club.

"Craig is a Liverpool fan and has done everything really well for me. For two months now he has been a very, very good team-mate.

"His work-rate is good in every training session and his relationship with the others is excellent too.

"Craig is just desperate to play well - a good player and a good professional."