You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vasectomy

King Emlyn

I think your dad needs to understand that different people can have different reactions to such a procedure. Even though he didn't feel sore afterwards, that doesn't mean someone telling they were sore are lying.

Totally agree, it also depends upon how skilled the surgeon is as well. He might have been lucky to have had an excellent surgeon whereas somebody else might get it done by the Butcher of Ball Bag.

I think your dad needs to understand that different people can have different reactions to such a procedure. Even though he didn't feel sore afterwards, that doesn't mean someone telling they were sore are lying.

i think what he means is he sees people taking a week or 2 off work, and he simply thinks thats bullshit, i mean, he ran a bloody marathon after 8 days, yet some lads cant even work....

true though, i had a minor operation on my wrist a few months back, the doctor told me to take 1 week off, in fact, until i told them i worked in construction they said i wouldnt need time off, anyway, for the first week i couldnt even make a fist and my hand was twice the bloody size, so different reactions i suppose

i think its the thoughts of a vasectomy are alot worse than the reality of it, at the end of the day, its taking your ability to reproduce away, that must be a bit of a mental thing to conquer first

Guest 4NICK8

Don't sweat it. It's 90% mental.

Before; shave close doesn't have to be fully, a little stuble is okay.

During; You'll feel some tuging and pulling, you are not being sexually abused.

After; Ice it, REST.

It will take a little longer than 5 min. 15-20 a side.

Gotta have it done soon,what's it like, does it hurt? Please tell me it's nothing to worry about, no horror stories please, i beg of thee.

Sorry, got to tell you this horror story because it made me laugh so much.

My business studies lecturer in college had the snip. He said they had him open and started sawing through his bollock string with the scissors. He was lying there going 'Fuck, no! Hurry up! Sort it out!'. They finished, tied the knot etc. He's breathing a sigh of relief.

Then they start on the other! The way he told the story with the crippling facial expressions was hilarious.

You had to be there...

Why not contraception, though? Are you a strict left-footer, or something?

I can assume you don't have kids. i have three. The risk of having another is too great, even with contraception. My missus got pregnant first time each time we tried for a child so it all works perfectly down there. Too big a risk, plus you get mashed and forgetful sometimes. An extra kid now would be a mare.

I can assume you don't have kids. i have three. The risk of having another is too great, even with contraception. My missus got pregnant first time each time we tried for a child so it all works perfectly down there. Too big a risk, plus you get mashed and forgetful sometimes. An extra kid now would be a mare.

That is EXACTLY my position, only someone with three can truly understand the sheer horror, on so many levels, a fourth would bring.

That is EXACTLY my position, only someone with three can truly understand the sheer horror, on so many levels, a fourth would bring.

My youngest is 7. We had them close together, they are now 10, 8 and 7. If we had one now it would be mayhem. We can do stuff again. They sort themselves out. i can sleep till 10 am if I want on a saturday. We can all watch Black Books together and find it funny. We can watch films we all like. We go to football matches and stuff. Babies dont do things like that.

I've got two kids under five and fully understand how tough it is - and would be to have more. I'm not criticising other people's choices; I just want to understand them. Regrdless of all you said (which I agree with) I wouldn't ask my wife to have her tubes tied and I wouldn't have a vasectomy. The pill works just fine for us (Mrs Paul is on it for non-contraceptive reasons, anyway), and if it didn't we'd use something else.

I've got two kids under five and fully understand how tough it is - and would be to have more. I'm not criticising other people's choices; I just want to understand them. Regrdless of all you said (which I agree with) I wouldn't ask my wife to have her tubes tied and I wouldn't have a vasectomy. The pill works just fine for us (Mrs Paul is on it for non-contraceptive reasons, anyway), and if it didn't we'd use something else.

the pill is not a good idea long term though. condoms are not completetely reliable. the options are pretty poor.

It's all checked out by the quack - you can't get it without a prescription anyway.

Increases the risk of breast cancer and DVT. It isn't a problem for short bursts, but say your missus is 30, she would have to take it for about 15 years until you are in the clear thanks to mother nature. You deffo can't take it that long.

• 14 years later...

Really wish I hadn't searched for this thread now, I know most people say it's virtually painless but how can having your balls clamped, injected and yeah OK local anaesthetic should have kicked in by now but then have your 2 spunk pipes quarterized and it not hurt? 

I'm sure I've split an infinitive or something there, that's how stressed I am. 

My Missus had to come off the pill so had the coil fitted which caused no end of problems, it was a nightmare for her.

I came home from work one day and she was just sat there with her head down really pale.

The last time I saw her in that state was after she'd had my lad when she haemorrhaged and I nearly lost her so I decided there and then to have the snip.

The op itself was uncomfortable as AS says and I got the infection as well.

Bollocks like fucking spacehoppers and a week or so off work.

I know plenty of lads who have had it done, my lad included who have sailed right through the whole thing with no problems other than a little discomfort, so maybe I was just unlucky.

Would I do it again?  if you know what I mean, let me put it this way.

If my Missus could go through what she did and still have the courage to have another baby, you bet your life I would.

It's really not that bad.

My Dad got done after my sister was born in 1972.

He goes to the hospital to have it done, and he's taken into the ward because it was done under general anaesthetic in those days.

A nurse comes in to check if he'd shaved and he hadn't, so she goes for some soap and a razor to shave him.

Now my Dad was a very private man and his dignity was important to him so  he insisted on doing it himself so he does then gets wheeled in for the op.

When he wakes up, he sticks his hand under the blanket to check his tackle and brushes past something so has a look to see what it is.

One of the nurses had tied a pink ribbon on his cock.

A few minutes later a nurse went in to check on him, " Ah, you're back with us. How are you feeling?, everything ok? "

"Er, er, yeh".

" Ok love, I'll go and get you some tea and toast. By the way, in these places you leave your dignity at the door and collect it on the way out".

He said you could see she was trying not to laugh so when he shook his head and gave off a little laugh himself she went in bulk.

My Mum never let him live it down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

My Missus had to come off the pill so had the coil fitted which caused no end of problems, it was a nightmare for her.

I came home from work one day and she was just sat there with her head down really pale.

The last time I saw her in that state was after she'd had my lad when she haemorrhaged and I nearly lost her so I decided there and then to have the snip.

The op itself was uncomfortable as AS says and I got the infection as well.

Bollocks like fucking spacehoppers and a week or so off work.

I know plenty of lads who have had it done, my lad included who have sailed right through the whole thing with no problems other than a little discomfort, so maybe I was just unlucky.

Would I do it again?  if you know what I mean, let me put it this way.

If my Missus could go through what she did and still have the courage to have another baby, you bet your life I would.

It's really not that bad.

My Dad got done after my sister was born in 1972.

He goes to the hospital to have it done, and he's taken into the ward because it was done under general anaesthetic in those days.

A nurse comes in to check if he'd shaved and he hadn't, so she goes for some soap and a razor to shave him.

Now my Dad was a very private man and his dignity was important to him so  he insisted on doing it himself so he does then gets wheeled in for the op.

When he wakes up, he sticks his hand under the blanket to check his tackle and brushes past something so has a look to see what it is.

One of the nurses had tied a pink ribbon on his cock.

A few minutes later a nurse went in to check on him, " Ah, you're back with us. How are you feeling?, everything ok? "

"Er, er, yeh".

" Ok love, I'll go and get you some tea and toast. By the way, in these places you leave your dignity at the door and collect it on the way out".

He said you could see she was trying not to laugh so when he shook his head and gave off a little laugh himself she went in bulk.

My Mum never let him live it down.

Imagine if a nurse did that these days, it would be a massive scandal.

19 minutes ago, Elite said:

I spoke to the GP about this a few years ago and he strongly advised not to get it done as it can cause chronic testicle pain in which he sees numerous fellas about every week. 

That's what I had, it's ok now though.

You can still ask for a general anaesthetic Zeb, I couldn't have had it done otherwise owing to the fact that I am an enormous pussy.

7 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

That's what I had, it's ok now though.

You can still ask for a general anaesthetic Zeb, I couldn't have had it done otherwise owing to the fact that I am an enormous pushy.

How long did it last?

I've had a few bollocks issues already and I haven't even had the snip yet, so am thinking it may cause more.