You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you vote BNP?

cochcaer

Would you vote BNP in the local elections?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote BNP in the local elections?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparenmtly their anti immigration policy is popular with over half of the electorate (until told it's BNP policy), so in the local elections would you vote British National Party?

In no way would I ever vote for them. I can't imagine me thinking their policy was good whether or not I was told it was theirs or not mind you.

Most right thinking people wouldn't vote BNP but I wonder if I'd been screwed over by government policy I might as a 'fuck you' to the ruling party. That said, I'm sure I'd come to my senses at the last minute. The far right do tend to thrive where there's high unemployment and social deprivation.

Most right thinking people wouldn't vote BNP but I wonder if I'd been screwed over by government policy I might as a 'fuck you' to the ruling party. That said, I'm sure I'd come to my senses at the last minute. The far right do tend to thrive where there's high unemployment and social deprivation.

Any policy based on exclusion and prejudice is just wrong. If you have been screwed by a government policy, why would voting for a bunch of fascists help?

had someone from the BNP come round canvassing (sp?) last week and their leaflet it just bullshit. The last page says that these local elections (may 4th?) should be treated as a referendum on islam!

fucking gobshites.

had someone from the BNP come round canvassing (sp?) last week and their leaflet it just bullshit. The last page says that these local elections (may 4th?) should be treated as a referendum on islam!

fucking gobshites.

Indeed. They also do a neat line in blaming all recent crimes in an area on immigrants. The fact that a white non-immigrant has already been found guilty of said crimes matters not a jot. But then again, the statistic surprises me less the more I think about it. Have you read the Daily Mail?

Any policy based on exclusion and prejudice is just wrong. If you have been screwed by a government policy, why would voting for a bunch of fascists help?

The problem with the government is that they're starting to play the race card with many of their anti-terror laws and get tough immigration/asylum seekers laws.

I'm reasonably well off, self employed, own my home, so I've no idea what it must be like to be unemployed and living in Bradford, Blackburn or Oldham. But fact is it's in these area's where fascism breeds and the only solution is to attack the root cause. (think Liverpool has the most econimcally deprived ward in Europe)

I think most of you are talking politically correct tosh.

I imagine most people in pre war Germany would never have admitted to voting Nazi.

If you found yourself as a 'white non-immigrant' living in an econmicaly deprived community surrounded by non english speaking immigrants afraid to walk your own streets I think it would be pretty fuckin easy to vote for the BNP.

I don't so I don't. That does not mean I don't totally understand peoples reasons for doing so however mis-guided they are

I think most of you are talking politically correct tosh.

I imagine most people in pre war Germany would never have admitted to voting Nazi.

If you found yourself as a 'white non-immigrant' living in an econmicaly deprived community surrounded by non english speaking immigrants afraid to walk your own streets I think it would be pretty fuckin easy to vote for the BNP.

I don't so I don't. That does not mean I don't totally understand peoples reasons for doing so however mis-guided they are

Bollocks. The question is 'would YOU ever vote BNP?' rather than 'can you understand the prevalent socio-economic conditions which lead people to vote BNP?' Therefore to say that I wouldn't vote for them in a million years is not politically correct tosh, it's personal opinion. And a hell of a lot of people in economically deprived communities would say exactly the same.

Bollocks. The question is 'would YOU ever vote BNP?' rather than 'can you understand the prevalent socio-economic conditions which lead people to vote BNP?' Therefore to say that I wouldn't vote for them in a million years is not politically correct tosh, it's personal opinion. And a hell of a lot of people in economically deprived communities would say exactly the same.

Where do they stand on the reform of the House of Lords? Anyone?

Personally I wouldnt but I can understand cochaer's point about how they can grow in area's like Bradford, Blackburn, Oldham etc. Their latest is that Birmingham will become a muslim state in the next 10 years.

Does anyone think there's any truth or possiblility in that

Personally I wouldnt but I can understand cochaer's point about how they can grow in area's like Bradford, Blackburn, Oldham etc. Their latest is that Birmingham will become a muslim state in the next 10 years.

Does anyone think there's any truth or possiblility in that

there is possibilty, but if it were to happen it would be down to the politically correct councillors already in place bending over backwards to avoid offending people who have at no stage said that they are offended.

Christmas is winterval in birmingham, but i dont think any minorities have asked for it.

there is more tension between asians and black communities in birmingham than there are between the white communities and the asian ones, although that maywell be changing i am not sure since leaving a couple of years ago.

It's not politically correct tosh at all. I would never vote BNP and that's that.

I've lived in Leicester and Sheffield surrounded by asians and black people in the poorest wards of those respective cities and funnily enough the experience didn't dissolve 2/3 of my brain enabling me to to be stupid enough to look for scapegoats of a different colour/culture for my shit circumstances.

Martin Luther King said it best - jugde a man by the content of his character rather than the colour of his skin and using that criteria i'd be more than happy to deport those nasty twisted hate mongering BNP fuckers to Iran where their peculiar brand of spitefulness would be more appreciated. The muslim extremist fuckers can go too - in fact any extremists who get off by telling you what you should do and believe in and who is good and who is evil