You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

Just now, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Fully agree with @Tony Moanero, this talk about ‘bottlers’ is a prime example of the shitness of modern football.

I don't think we bottled anything. We just made a mess of a game in which we were clearly the superior side. Again. 

That's about forwards in poor form. And occasional over-confidence or lack of concentration. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, KMD7 NERVELESS FORUM BIG DOG said:

Let's see how the Arsenal handle the pressure of being on top now. 

Hope you’re not suggesting that they’re not nerveless forum big dogs. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Redder Lurtz said:

Speaking as a confirmed hysterical fanny, some of you lot need to get a fucking grip. One draw in what's our biggest remaining game. I'll take that. 

I think West ham away, villa away, the bitters away and Spurs at home, will all be far tougher than today.

We dropped a clanger today, and 2 points.

Had City or arsenal played today, they'd have won by at least 3.

Also, we keep going behind in games. Arsenal barely concede shots, never mind

goals and City are City.

We're by far the most chaotic and that's not good at this stage of season.

10 minutes ago, stringvest said:

People asking for Elliott to start games are being seduced by the fact that he can come on with 15 minutes to go and not stink the place out.  Something that is beyond him when he starts games.   He's not effective as a starter, fans are fooled by the little legs going twenty to the dozen.  Clearly what we need is a robust clinical forward.  Too many poor performances today. Almost everyone in fact.

I actually don't think there were many poor performances. Lots of average ones, a great one and 2 absolute piss poor ones from the starting line up.

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Pretty shocking not beating this Man U team over three games in on one season. 

Ten Haag just gets us.

its really about a decades long rivalry where two clubs hate losing to each other. Our new players perhaps haven’t grasped the rivalry yet. We aren’t approaching games against this lot with a killer instinct.

5 minutes ago, Judge said:

Is that a joke?

That's my biggest take away from today, not only are Arsenal guaranteed 3 points, their goal difference is taking another padding.

21 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

No chance Arsenal win out. Our games are a bit easier.

They have to face Emery who has beaten them once already. Spurs away these away and Wolves away and Chelsea at home. 

We also play Wolves, Spurs and Villa. Not to mention Everton who will be treating the game as a Champions League final. Our games are hardly any easier.

Anyone who doesn't hate the mancs more than any other team isn't a proper red in my book. City, Everton, Chelsea and all the rest of them pale info comparison. Anyone who ever has to ask why will never understand.

From hell's heart I spit at thee. To the last, I will grapple with thee.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Our defence isn't good enough to win the league.  We concede far too many sloppy goals and we'll drop more points because of it.

And too many brain farts 

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Speaking as a confirmed hysterical fanny, some of you lot need to get a fucking grip. One draw in what's our biggest remaining game. I'll take that. 

This. 

Yeah it's a bit inexplicable how we seem to be incapable of putting these cunts away. They seem to have some sort of hex on us at the moment. I'm hoping we can put this behind us now.

Anyway on the positive side we've also had to factor in an endless injury list along with incompetent/corrupt reffing all season and bedding in a new midfield so it's incredible really how we're still in with a shout at winning the title. At least this match is out of the way now and we can focus on our remaining games now.

I'm still more worried about City then Arsenal. Fuck Arsenal.

4 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

its really about a decades long rivalry where two clubs hate losing to each other. Our new players perhaps haven’t grasped the rivalry yet. We aren’t approaching games against this lot with a killer instinct.

We aren't approaching any game with a killer instinct. The vast majority of our games end with relief.

3 minutes ago, Baltar said:

We also play Wolves, Spurs and Villa. Not to mention Everton who will be treating the game as a Champions League final. Our games are hardly any easier.

True, so it isn’t over or won for anyone yet.

I’ll be honest. A draw is better than I expected. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach for the last 2 days, especially after the other 2 won their games. We could have been well beaten there when we went behind, but we rallied, earned the penalty, and Mo didn’t miss it-which in itself at the moment is a fucking miracle.

City and Arsenal drew and now we’ve drawn. There could be more of it to come.

Thought we would draw before the game and it was our biggest remaining game but the way we basically repeated what we did 3 weeks ago is infuriating. They should have been out of sight again.

Rashford is one fucking fraud. Walks around against Chelsea on Thursday night then all of a sudden he's charging round like it's the most important game of his career then just goes off with a minor injury when he hasn't been involved in the game for a bit.

• Upvote 1

We've had 5 clean sheets this calendar year, only only 2 of them in the league! We give up far too many easy chances. It's fucking astounding we are where we are and we should be about 6 clear, given the fucking officials in the spurs, arsenal and City games against us this season.