You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tonight, the most important match ever?

JustTosh

• 1 year later...
Spot on, as usual Cath. Revenge is a dish best served cold; I'd fucking love Rafa to qualify and have a great run in the second half of the season, then sell the fucker just as he does his "The club have matched my ambitions" interview. He is so far up his own arse he'll turn inside out. I fucking hate him.

you dont fucking hate him now do you? you fucking moron

Personally I think Saturday is more important......

Not qualifying tonight has the consolation of a potential trip into Eastern europe. Losing on Saturday would be simply disastrous......

Oh Matt, if only you had known what was coming.

Digging up a post from years back just to call someone a fucking moron? Maybe he was pissed off back then, why does he have to be a fucking moron now? Seriously odd.

Fuck what people are like now, only the past counts!

The suspense is killing me, ive just read all the 2004 posts and now the newer ones and i still dont now, how did Liverpool get on it that game anyway? did we go out?

Googling would've saved you time :

2004 liverpool olympiakos - Google Search

No, I don't - you're right. However, it took a good few years to get that one out of my system and even now I still can't bring myself to sing his name at Anfield. He's a great, great player and I'm delighted he's still here. I also suspect that the whole Chelsea thing was down to his immaturity at the time and his slightly neurotic nature. Everyone makes mistakes and Gerrard was man enough to admit he was on the verge of making one. That'll do for me. Loving him is a different matter though.

I fucking hated Gerrard so much back then. He was a disgrace.

I can't believe how much he has matured and grown in the last 5 years. It's unbelievable.

It's the ultimate redemption.

I still can't warm to him as a person, the grumpy fuck, but as a player and as an picture of leading by example and professionalism, he is second to none these days.

Shows you how far we've come in many ways in terms of expectations.

I expect us to make the quarters every season now and even that feels like a missed opportunity. Thinking back to pre-Benitez and the battles with Newcastle an Chelsea to secure 4th place is frightening

Shows you how far we've come in many ways in terms of expectations.

I expect us to make the quarters every season now and even that feels like a missed opportunity. Thinking back to pre-Benitez and the battles with Newcastle an Chelsea to secure 4th place is frightening

As opposed to the battles with Everton to secure (or not) 4th place under Benitez ;)

Yes, we desperately need to win. And I think we will. I'm uncertain about the team, I think Igor might have gotten a game had he been fit. I'd go for:

------------Kirkland

Finnan-Carra-Hyypia-Traore

-------------Alonso

---Nunez-Gerrard-Kewell

---------Baros-Mellor

And don't give Olympiakos a second on the ball! They are shite away from home in the CL (0-4-20) so we just have to do our job. They will crack under pressure.

That team is truly horrendous. How we won anything with that lot I don't know.

Yes, we desperately need to win. And I think we will. I'm uncertain about the team, I think Igor might have gotten a game had he been fit. I'd go for:

------------Kirkland

Finnan-Carra-Hyypia-Traore

-------------Alonso

---Nunez-Gerrard-Kewell

---------Baros-Mellor

And don't give Olympiakos a second on the ball! They are shite away from home in the CL (0-4-20) so we just have to do our job. They will crack under pressure.

That was our first team, THAT was our first team :sick: suppose the majority of them did help us win the CL but hey, the point stands, er if I had one.

Will people please stop replying to this thread. It was started before I worked out how to change forum options and now I'm getting loads of "Someone has replied to a thread you once gave a shit about" emails.

That must be quite annoying.