You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

16 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Arsenal have scored 18 goals in their last 4 league games. 

I don't want to sound flippant but I probably do but the league is shite. Like Luton midweek. We can barely field a full strength XI and we could have scored 10. Arsenal could be playing now and they still wouldn't have scored against Porto.

Still find Arsenal's celebrations forced and performative. It's the dead eyed expression on Arteta's face and the chesty, over the top self congratulation whenever they clear a ball away for a corner or whatever that make it all look fake as fuck. They're way too pumped up and I can't wait for the wheels to fall off again.

I think Arsenal are a very good side.

I don't think they'll win anything this season but they're going to be there or there abouts over the next few years.

Anyone saying they are shit is kidding themselves.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Mook said:

I think Arsenal are a very good side.

I don't think they'll win anything this season but they're going to be there or there abouts over the next few years.

Anyone saying they are shit is kidding themselves.

They're not shit. They are clearly one of the best 3 sides in the country. I just don't think them scoring loads of goals against Burnley etc is as big an indicator to how good they are as their failure to land a glove on Porto is. Admittedly my views can be tainted by how much I despise the manager.

20 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

They're not shit. They are clearly one of the best 3 sides in the country. I just don't think them scoring loads of goals against Burnley etc is as big an indicator to how good they are as their failure to land a glove on Porto is. Admittedly my views can be tainted by how much I despise the manager.

I hate Arsenal too, I don't really see what that's got to do with admitting they have a good side though.

I think they'll twat Porto at home.

25 minutes ago, Mook said:

I hate Arsenal too, I don't really see what that's got to do with admitting they have a good side though.

I think they'll twat Porto at home.

I just said they've got a good side. My point is just not as good as people think because they've battered Burnley or Newcastle.

I'd be surprised if they didn't twat Porto. But not as surprised as I'd have been if they didn't twat Burnley.