You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dominik Szoboszlai - Welcome to Liverpool

Megadrive Man

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Typical though isn't it. Like when we sold Sterling and fans were laughing "we've got Ibe lad he's even better lad". 

Arrogant part of the fan base. 

Very Everton.

I dont think he's been bad he just set a high standard at the start and hasn't hit that level since. Teams are full of players who do a job ( usually not as expensive as him ) and he grafts, his work off the ball is usually great. Like the rest of the team though he appears to have completely lost his game intelligence. It's bizzare how every single player is consistently making the wrong choices. The rare times they make the right ones their technical ability malfunctions. We need to wise up both ends of the pitch collectively. I'm expecting a reaction on Sunday which is exactly why we will struggle.

I think it's a combination of him being tired physically, trying to play himself into form, and mentally being completely fucked (along with the rest of the team) since the defeat to the red mancs in the FA Cup. He's a good player, he showed that in the first few months of the season. He then had a fairly long layoff and unfortunately he's been unable to pick up where he left off but I don't think he's turned into complete dogshit so much as nothing is really coming off for any of them and he's just along for that ride unfortunately.

52 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

mentally being completely fucked (along with the rest of the team)

Not a go at you but how many seasons are we saying this now?

My heart bleeds for them, it really does.

Mentality monsters seems a long time ago now.

How can you be mentally fucked after losing a cup tie? I’d understand if it was the CL final, but an away tie in  the Fa Cup? Nah. He’s pretty good on the right wing but we’ve stopped playing him there, indeed stopped playing anyone there recently.

He needs to man the fuck up and stop prancing. 

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Not a go at you but how many seasons are we saying this now?

My heart bleeds for them, it really does.

Mentality monsters seems a long time ago now.

Every season is different, last year was a total clusterfuck entirely really. This season I really think the team thought they were just about invincible, especially after the Klopp news and the way the hey handle January and February with a shorthanded squad, and then got punched in the mouth by a poor united side and it’s all went to shit from there. 

• Upvote 1

Too many excuses being made for players constantly underperforming. 

Looking increasingly likely we overachieved as a squad, injuries have caught up to us and now we've run out of ideas and feeling sorry for ourselves.

We need the season to come to a halt badly, another big big summer ahead and some big decisions need to be made.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

I tend to stick to the old school way of giving a player a season to bed in before writing them off.  He showed enough early in the season to be cut some slack.

I agree with this. It is his first season in the premier, can he a-just to the physicality and speed the prep requires week in week out, I hope he can and does as I believe there is a player in there, time will tell.