You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 4, Yay or Nay?

niallers

1 hour ago, redrosetints said:

With their GD they just need 6 points, can’t see it though Fat Sam on revenge and an upturn in Chelsea’s fortunes might make it close.

For me it’s all about United. They need 3 wins (if we get our 3 of course). I’m not holding out much in Wolves, but I believe Uniteds away record this year is only better thn Forests and we know what Bournemouth can do. Then Chelsea, if Fat Bald Fraud Frank FBFF can build on last weeks win, no reason to see why they won’t put some effort in at Old Trafford. Finally Fulham, after the FA cup game, there is beef here. Mitrovic is back for this one and the team will want to get some revenge.

So apologies for being a stuck record, but United are the vulnerable ones to me. Fingers crossed, hopefully this will go down to the last game and we will be ahead of the Mancs.

Their GD is only +7. They lose the 2 games we need them to lose 2-0 and 1-0 or similar and we win ours by the same score then there’s only a goal in it. GD shouldn’t be a significant issue. The results we need should effectively cancel out the GD issue. 

10 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Their GD is only +7. They lose the 2 games we need them to lose 2-0 and 1-0 or similar and we win ours by the same score then there’s only a goal in it. GD shouldn’t be a significant issue. The results we need should effectively cancel out the GD issue. 

I’m all on the optimism, just don’t see it. But I hope one of them fucks up and you’re proven right. Unless Gumaires gets injured again … the they’ll fall apart

32 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

I’m all on the optimism, just don’t see it. But I hope one of them fucks up and you’re proven right. Unless Gumaires gets injured again … the they’ll fall apart

I don’t think we’ll do it. I think we’ll finish fifth. I just think IF we can do it it’s more likely Newcastle will fall away than Man Utd

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Code said:

I honestly think we will finish 3rd. 

I really wish I had your optimistic conviction but then I'd probably be dead. Like when I wanted a motorbike and my missus absolutely correctly said you will be dead with in 6 months on a bike and I would 100 percent of killed myself on a bike fairly quickly. 

5 hours ago, Code said:

I honestly think we will finish 3rd. 

Oh yeah, it’s absolutely mathematically possible. I’m trying to be optimistic too, but reality, form, results, quality of opposition, history; everything points towards us just leaving it a bit too late. But football can do mad things. So there’s a glimmer. 

48 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Jawdees have too much positive momentum to fuck up enough for us to catch them.

Mancs have Howard Webb.

We are our own worst enemies this season.

Fifth.

The Saudis have tougher games on paper , but I think they'll now dispatch Brighton with ease after the blueshite debacle . United still give me a glimmer of hope - but probably fifth , Europa League and less of them shitty sat at 12:30 kick offs will see us having another crack at the title . 

15 minutes ago, elvis said:

The Saudis have tougher games on paper , but I think they'll now dispatch Brighton with ease after the blueshite debacle . United still give me a glimmer of hope - but probably fifth , Europa League and less of them shitty sat at 12:30 kick offs will see us having another crack at the title . 

The thing is, statistically a team will usually almost always improve and do a lot better the next game after a result like the one Brighton got against the bitters. 

12 minutes ago, Code said:

The thing is, statistically a team will usually almost always improve and do a lot better the next game after a result like the one Brighton got against the bitters. 

Shame they’re playing Arsenal next and so it doesn’t help. Although if Arsenal beat them, which you’d imagine they will, then maybe your hypothesis will apply the next game. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Oh yeah, it’s absolutely mathematically possible. I’m trying to be optimistic too, but reality, form, results, quality of opposition, history; everything points towards us just leaving it a bit too late. But football can do mad things. So there’s a glimmer. 

A glimmer of bitter disappointment.

It's mad its even a possibility, there was a run of games during this season were I genuinely thought we are currently the worst team in the league, we constantly gifted opportunity and goals to opposition and seemed to do nothing in order to rectify it. Hopefully it lays down a pathway for next season. Weve still got to spend big though, FSG need a kick up the arse.