You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He seems bitter that kid. But hopefully he'll smash it over there this year and we can sell him for a small fortune next summer. 

Not sure what he is bitter about? Having the physique of a 12 year old boy? As that's his main issue and the reason why he has struggled at the club.

Last summer was a poor transfer window looking back.

7 hours ago, andyj said:

And they will be getting a fine and most likely a points deduction to follow said signings 

If they have blatently just thought fuck it we will just ignore the rules to get this done, the punishment needs to set an example, it should be a sport punishment not a financial one as finances mean nothing to them. Points deduction but a deduction that actually has an impact none of this 3 or 6 points shit it's worth losing a couple of games for it should be 15 points minimum and a threat if their house isn't in order next season  it will be more. Its bullshit these billionaires are just coming in and shitting over the entire game. It was bad enough with the gangster.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If they have blatently just thought fuck it we will just ignore the rules to get this done, the punishment needs to set an example, it should be a sport punishment not a financial one as finances mean nothing to them. Points deduction but a deduction that actually has an impact none of this 3 or 6 points shit it's worth losing a couple of games for it should be 15 points minimum and a threat if their house isn't in order next season  it will be more. Its bullshit these billionaires are just coming in and shitting over the entire game. It was bad enough with the gangster.

The fa/premier league won't do a damn thing. And they know it, hence why they don't give a shit. 

It seems only serie A, are the only league to ever dish out any meaningful punishments 

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

The fa/premier league won't do a damn thing. And they know it, hence why they don't give a shit. 

It seems only serie A, are the only league to ever dish out any meaningful punishments 

Yeah I agree. The Premier league is essentially just a cabal of mega wealthy owners that don't want to push too hard incase the shoes on the other foot when a chance comes for them to line their pockets.

1 hour ago, Moctezuma said:

Not sure what he is bitter about? Having the physique of a 12 year old boy? As that's his main issue and the reason why he has struggled at the club.

Last summer was a poor transfer window looking back.

He's moaned about how the club and klopp in particular have done nothing to help him adapt and help him improve or tell him why he wasn't involved. I've got a few Fulham mates who seem to know someone connected to him too who say he doesn't want to come back. Funnily enough I was away with them in the off season when they were telling me and they were shocked when I said he's got a high opinion of himself if he thinks he'll get another chance as he doesn't look equipped to play for a top team with his lack of defensive intelligence and work rate. They love him. 

Just now, etho said:

Chelsea getting both Caicedo and Lavia is a car crash for us. How we respond in the market now defines our season 

We aren't going to compete with a club that just throws money around and offers players 8 year contracts. Nor should we. 

I've no idea what Boehly is doing or whether there is method in the madness but we should stick to what got us within a hair's breath of 4 trophies a year ago.

Are we really to believe that there aren't other good quality DMs around? I refuse to believe it. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

He's moaned about how the club and klopp in particular have done nothing to help him adapt and help him improve or tell him why he wasn't involved. I've got a few Fulham mates who seem to know someone connected to him too who say he doesn't want to come back. Funnily enough I was away with them in the off season when they were telling me and they were shocked when I said he's got a high opinion of himself if he thinks he'll get another chance as he doesn't look equipped to play for a top team with his lack of defensive intelligence and work rate. They love him. 

I'm surprised by that. Klopp always seems like someone who's very hands on with players.

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think its as simple as he signed for us over the Dortmunds of the world because we told him he would be a part of the plans, then Klopp saw him play and was like nah you are not going to be playing much and he probably feels as if we misled him and he made the wrong choice. 

18 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think its as simple as he signed for us over the Dortmunds of the world because we told him he would be a part of the plans, then Klopp saw him play and was like nah you are not going to be playing much and he probably feels as if we misled him and he made the wrong choice. 

He might feel that, but he can't say he didn't get a chance. 

6 hours ago, etho said:

Chelsea getting both Caicedo and Lavia is a car crash for us. How we respond in the market now defines our season 

Honest question as I don't pay a lot of attention to other teams players.....is Lavia actually any good?

If Chelsea sign him as a fuck off to us I don't much care, notwithstanding the shitshow of us fielding multiple rejected offers.

6 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Honest question as I don't pay a lot of attention to other teams players.....is Lavia actually any good?

If Chelsea sign him as a fuck off to us I don't much care, notwithstanding the shitshow of us fielding multiple rejected offers.

Lavia in reality is not a second prize. He is an exceptional talent that is just uncertain because he is a teenager who hasnt played many games, so  realistically you cant really rely on him in the short term, which is probably why we were really haggling for him, but yeah, its a disaster if Chelsea sign him too. 

18 minutes ago, redinblack said:

No one on here has seen him enough, let’s be honest.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, I mean, he never imposed himself. If he has a nice career, good for him, but whatever. 

Just not about that really. He seemed lost what to do when he doesn't have the ball. There's been a few "stars" have come out of Fulham's academy like that over the years. I don't think they must work them on it too much as it clearly doesn't come nstural. Even the defenders! At least you can see Harvey is working on it. 

2 hours ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

We aren't going to compete with a club that just throws money around and offers players 8 year contracts. Nor should we. 

I've no idea what Boehly is doing or whether there is method in the madness but we should stick to what got us within a hair's breath of 4 trophies a year ago.

Are we really to believe that there aren't other good quality DMs around? I refuse to believe it. 

I have no doubts there are other good quality DMs, but I think Caicedo is an immediate difference making type of talent. The number of players who could reliably make that kind of impact, that would actually be available is probably very very small if there even are any available.

2 minutes ago, Dundalis said:

I have no doubts there are other good quality DMs, but I think Caicedo is an immediate difference making type of talent. The number of players who could reliably make that kind of impact, that would actually be available is probably very very small if there even are any available.

He's not going to make an immediate impact anywhere because he's not been training for more than a week..and if he doesn't really want to be here, he might not settle at all. If he was all in on coming here and we'd have got him in when we got Dom, I'd agree with you, but at this stage I think he represents a genuine risk and at 111m maybe too much of a risk. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Lavia in reality is not a second prize. He is an exceptional talent that is just uncertain because he is a teenager who hasnt played many games, so  realistically you cant really rely on him in the short term, which is probably why we were really haggling for him, but yeah, its a disaster if Chelsea sign him too. 

Not sure I'd use the word disaster but I see your point. I still think it looks like some other cunt "knocking us off our fucking perch". I'm more pissed off at the absolute fucking state of the carry on around the bidding rather than whether we get him or not. The adults in the organisation seem to have left the building as far as professionalism is concerned.