You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want Arsenal to win the league?

Kevin D

Arsenal are a massive 15 points ahead of 3rd place. Take the cheats out and they piss the league. That said they wilted under the pressure of having to keep City at bay and they haven't Jurgen Klopp managing them.

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, an tha said:

I am an admirer of them - they have a squad full of good players at great ages and in Odegaard an absolute diamond in midfield...

But I don't think it is harsh at all - 9 pts from 7 games when in finishing straight and with a decent lead at start of period is a very poor return.

I didn't expect them to win it but they put themselves in a great position to go close and after doing so I would say they should at least be keeping it alive like we did in our first tilt (if not quite at that level) They've shown mid table form from the 30th game on...

They are 10th in form table over last 5 (7pts) - that is mid table form.

And only 6th in last 10 (18 pts) - that form wouldn't get top 4 over a season.

The drop off has been massive - they've bottled it IMO.

Who from their best team would get into our best XI?

Just now, KMD7 said:

Arsenal are a massive 15 points ahead of 3rd place. Take the cheats out and they piss the league. That said they wilted under the pressure of having to keep City at bay and they haven't Jurgen Klopp managing them.

Exactly. 

Man City are cheats and have a phenomenal manager in charge. Outlasting them over 38 games is a mammoth feat, I think Arsenal have done really well.

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:

Exactly. 

Man City are cheats and have a phenomenal manager in charge. Outlasting them over 38 games is a mammoth feat, I think Arsenal have done really well.

They have and I can't call them bottle jobs on this occasion.  It also shows how well we did managing to run them so close in 2 seasons and actually beating them in one. 

11 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Who from their best team would get into our best XI?

I don't see how that is at all relevant to the hard facts of 7pts from last 5 games and 9 from last 7 when in a title race - a race they led by a fair margin before that run too. The point is they have collapsed and done so totally in the home straight - what they have done before is admirable and yeah they are up against cheats - but they've gone down with barely a whimper at the when it matters push comes to shove stage. 

But in answer to your question - obviously Odegaard and probably any of their main midfielders frankly - although being better than the collection of midfielders we have somehow managed to end up with is not exactly hard.

Saliba may well be close - his absence and their downturn are clearly very related.

Those aside I am a big fan of Martinelli too - and at his age he can still be anything - loads of improvement there potentially, same with Saka - both just 21 - i wish we had a couple of 21 year olds at their level and with their potential ceilings. They may not get in our best XI right now, but they look to have big, big futures......As i say I like the look of Aesenal, they remind me of us a bit around 5 years ago - full of exciting players at great ages - but to say they haven't bottled this is for me just wrong - we'll have to agree to disagree.

26 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Exactly. 

He isn't phenomenal. Wherever he has been he has had more money and more resources than anyone else. As someone said on here he is "a bought and paid for child". On the occasions he's needed to, as a player or manager, he's cheated. That's not phenomenal.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I don't believe for a moment that Guardiola could have done what Klopp has done at Liverpool if he had been our manager over last 7/8 years.

Agree. 

I also think there's no way Klopp could have done what Guardiola has done with Man City over the last seven years - can you imagine Jurgen not winning the European Cup with unlimited resources?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Agree. 

I also think there's no way Klopp could have done what Guardiola has done with Man City over the last seven years - can you imagine Jurgen not winning the European Cup with unlimited resources?

PAwWAo.gif

He has nearly won it 3 times with a transfer budget not far off on a par with frigging Everton...

24 minutes ago, an tha said:

I don't see how that is at all relevant to the hard facts of 7pts from last 5 games and 9 from last 7 when in a title race - a race they led by a fair margin before that run too. The point is they have collapsed and done so totally in the home straight - what they have done before is admirable and yeah they are up against cheats - but they've gone down with barely a whimper at the when it matters push comes to shove stage. 

But in answer to your question - obviously Odegaard and probably any of their main midfielders frankly - although being better than the collection of midfielders we have somehow managed to end up with is not exactly hard.

Saliba may well be close - his absence and their downturn are clearly very related.

Those aside I am a big fan of Martinelli too - and at his age he can still be anything - loads of improvement there potentially, same with Saka - both just 21 - i wish we had a couple of 21 year olds at their level and with their potential ceilings. They may not get in our best XI right now, but they look to have big, big futures......As i say I like the look of Aesenal, they remind me of us a bit around 5 years ago - full of exciting players at great ages - but to say they haven't bottled this is for me just wrong - we'll have to agree to disagree.

I brought up their best XI to highlight how much they’ve overachieved. Odegaard certainly gets, very likely Partey. I think anyone else is extremely debatable. 

It’s not a title winning squad, which is why I don’t they’ve bottled it. They’ve ran out of steam after over exerting what is a 4th place team and manager.

Agreed on the last point, though.

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Agree. 

I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but Guardiola must be one of the most highly decorated managers of all time? Titles in major leagues, European cup, domestic cups he’s consistently won trophies.

He’s had a lot of advantages, but we see the high manager turnover at PSG, Bayern, Chelsea and Barca to see that money is not the only thing. When he leaves City will be seriously hampered. I think Klopp is the better manager, but I bet Jurgen thinks Guardiola is the best in the business.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I brought up their best XI to highlight how much they’ve overachieved. Odegaard certainly gets, very likely Partey. I think anyone else is extremely debatable. 

It’s not a title winning squad, which is why I don’t they’ve bottled it. They’ve ran out of steam after over exerting what is a 4th place team and manager.

I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but Guardiola must be one of the most highly decorated managers of all time? Titles in major leagues, European cup, domestic cups he’s consistently won trophies.

He’s had a lot of advantages, but we see the high manager turnover at PSG, Bayern, Chelsea and Barca to see that money is not the only thing. When he leaves City will be seriously hampered. I think Klopp is the better manager, but I bet Jurgen thinks Guardiola is the best in the business.

Guardiola generally manages big name players well, I'll give him that bit of credit as there's obviously a particular skill to it. I don't think he'd have Bruno Fernandes as captain somehow. 

Still, was pretty funny when Jupp Heynckes won the treble with Bayern just before he took over just to effectively spoil his party.

In terms of top level managers, I'd actually give Mourinho more credit for achievements than Guardiola. The European Cup victories with Porto and Inter were hugely impressive, and Rafa stopping his Chelsea sides in 2005 and 2007 was as impressive. 

I don't think it is a bottle job any more than ours have been bottle jobs. City can miss again and again, everyone else can't afford to miss once.

Nobody has got a squad their size or ability to make signings that don't work then fuck  them off when it doesn't work and buy someone else.

Fuck em all though, this is what the league were well up for when it was anyone but the scousers. 

Welcome to the party pal.

• Upvote 1

It's definitely a bottle job. They were 11 points up at one point and were absolutely wiped out in the head to heads with City. But it's a bottle job with important context surrounding it given their youth and what their squad is at this point. It's not some inexcusable failure.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think it is a bottle job any more than ours have been bottle jobs. City can miss again and again, everyone else can't afford to miss once.

Nobody has got a squad their size or ability to make signings that don't work then fuck  them off when it doesn't work and buy someone else.

Fuck em all though, this is what the league were well up for when it was anyone but the scousers. 

Welcome to the party pal.

The difference is we didn't collapse in our unsuccesful title challenges - we went on long, long winning and unbeaten runs at the critical time of season - just that the cheats pipped us by a solitary point twice while doing same.

Arsenal have totally collapsed...9 pts from 7 games at the buisness end.

They've done really well in totality and they are potentially really well placed for future but 9 pts from 7 games at the business end is shocking - if they had even shown top 4 form over last 7 and taken say 13 or 14 they'd still be alive in race. They may not have won it because of where bar is now lifted to by the cheats - but for me Arsenal have collapsed in a way we never did on the run in.

They have also enjoyed advantages with fixture scheduling that for weeks afforded them opportunities to really apply scoreboard pressure

Their "support" wants fucking for today - to see them leaving in absolute droves was disgusting.

Yes they have shit the bed on the run in but they deserve better than that after what they did across the season.

They deserve to be hammered for it - inagine if was us....

• Upvote 1

Fuck Arsenal the bottling fucking pricks. I hate Arsenal and their sanctimonious fans. I'm glad they bottled it cos I fucking hate them.

I'm not on board with all this young team bollocks. Fuck them. I hope they fall apart next year like we did this year. 

Wankers.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, an tha said:

The difference is we didn't collapse in our unsuccesful title challenges - we went on long, long winning and unbeaten runs at the critical time of season - just that the cheats pipped us by a solitary point twice while doing same.

Arsenal have totally collapsed...9 pts from 7 games at the buisness end.

They've done really well in totality and they are potentially really well placed for future but 9 pts from 7 games at the business end is shocking - if they had even shown top 4 form over last 7 and taken say 13 or 14 they'd still be alive in race. They may not have won it because of where bar is now lifted to by the cheats - but for me Arsenal have collapsed in a way we never did on the run in.

They have also enjoyed advantages with fixture scheduling that for weeks afforded them opportunities to really apply scoreboard pressure

And we’d have won it in 2019 if Anthony Taylor had sent off Kompany at the Etihad as he should have done and again last season if Tierney wasn’t such a bent cunt. 

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

But he's still a cheat.

As a manager and a player, a big fuck off cheat.

Whatever he's done is tainted.

We had to win 26 and draw 1 of our first 27 games to finally win the league. These cheating fucks have changed what’s now needed to win the league that it’s virtually impossible. As far as I’m concerned Arsenal are the latest team to be cheated out of winning a league title.