You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Refs in our games

Carra_is_legend

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

The refs for Brentford and Wolves were our man if the match.

Disagree. Two disallowed Brentford ‘goals’ were blatantly offside and Konate was arguably fouled for their third. Wolves’ ‘winner’ was flagged by the lino.  Wolves ‘definitive evidence’ that the guy was onside was anything but. 

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

How the fuck did Tarkowski get away without a yellow last night????

Came on here to post this. Wouldn't have a huge issue with his display aside from this. Referees have to let a bit go in this fixture or else both sides would be finishing with seven players. 

The Tarkowski thing was bizarre, though. Must have committed about four clear yellows card offences. Apparently we were genuinely interested in him as a signing a few summers ago. Not the most Klopp-like defender I've seen. 

• 5 months later...
24 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Taylor had his trademark terrible game.

He was looking straight at the handball 

Ah come on. Where could the lad have put his hands, it was never a penalty. 

The one at the end confused me, when szobzlai was judged to be offside. The ball was played when he was off the field, I thought that means you're not offside. Maybe I'm wrong though

3 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

The one at the end confused me, when szobzlai was judged to be offside. The ball was played when he was off the field, I thought that means you're not offside. Maybe I'm wrong though

Down by his sides. 

2 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

The pen was 50 / 50. His hand was in a weird position and could easily have been given. Put it this way, I bet there will be one given like that this season. As for the offside - definitely. Otherwise, teams could just keep a player off the field behind the goal and lump it up to them.

9 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

He's lifting his hands up to the ball, it's not a benefit of the doubt discussion.  Being scared of the ball doesn't mean the rules don't apply.

They've clearly gone with the Taylor didn't blow so not "clear and obvious" cop out.

32 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Taylor had his trademark terrible game.

He was looking straight at the handball 

I thought the highlight was when he blocked Szoboslai to prevent a counter-attack.

I thought that sort of fuck-up would lead to a drop ball. Is that another rule that's changed?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I thought the highlight was when he blocked Szoboslai to prevent a counter-attack.

I thought that sort of fuck-up would lead to a drop ball. Is that another rule that's changed?

That's if the ball hits them, if they're just being "clueless" and happen to back out of the way of their players and into ours then it's play on.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I couldn't believe he just let them play on at that point. They ended up having possession for about 2 minutes straight as a direct result of it, too. 

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No, he managed to play the man not the ball so all good.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

The pen was 50 / 50. His hand was in a weird position and could easily have been given. Put it this way, I bet there will be one given like that this season. As for the offside - definitely. Otherwise, teams could just keep a player off the field behind the goal and lump it up to them.

He would have given it in our box, I’m certain of that.

The ball travelled from the corner flag to 2 yards short of the front post. Proximity to the ball is one of the main factors in handball, its the clearest penalty you will see all season.

The problem with Taylor is the years of shitness brings a paranoia. If the 2nd one happened in our box they be getting the microscopes out to see if the defender played the ball. I initially thought he did which meant he wasn't offside. He wouldn't have given it anyway, he would have found a reason.

It was comical how relieved the ref looked when he saw the flag was up for offside when the Chelsea player made a diving save to block Szoboszlai's cross in the last few minutes. For a moment he had a look of horror on his face when he thought he had no choice but to award the penalty. 

That pen wasn't 50/50 by the rules it was 100%. It wasn't struck from close by, didn't deflect, he moved his hand to the ball and wasn't in a natural position.

If the rules are applied that's given. It's not subjective. Compare that to the one given to Luton yesterday and it's a million times more a pen.