You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

What makes you think a Super League will give a toss about match going fans, any more than UEFA does?

Also, we'll still have to play games in these countries where the police treat people like shit.

A Super League is never in a million years the best way to take Football forward.

If the clubs have more of an input to the competition surely it'd be in their interests to ensure customer safety and satisfaction? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mook said:

What makes you think a Super League will give a toss about match going fans, any more than UEFA does?

Also, we'll still have to play games in these countries where the police treat people like shit.

A Super League is never in a million years the best way to take Football forward.

An ESL probably isn’t the right way forwards (especially in the useless way it was conceived) but neither should be sticking with bumbling idiots like UEFA, who’ve made the same mistakes for years.

Ultimately, UEFA have shown as an organisation, they aren’t fit to host these events. Somebody else should have a go. 

Whether it them being soft on racist chanting, soft on countries where there is always trouble (ie Italy) or endangering supporters at Finals, something needs to change. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

If the clubs have more of an input to the competition surely it'd be in their interests to ensure customer safety and satisfaction? 

Aye, that's a fair point although I'm not convinced things would be much better.

Just now, Scott_M said:

An ESL probably isn’t the right way forwards (especially in the useless way it was conceived) but neither should be sticking with bumbling idiots like UEFA, who’ve made the same mistakes for years.

Ultimately, UEFA have shown as an organisation, they aren’t fit to host these events. Somebody else should have a go. 

Whether it them being soft on racist chanting, soft on countries where there is always trouble (ie Italy) or endangering supporters at Finals, something needs to change. 

Agree with all of that. UEFA are a fucking disgrace.

I think I know about 15 people now who have had their phones and wallets robbed. 

Been to Paris 5 times but not to watch Liverpool. I've always liked the city and found the people fine, I was planning to go again this year or next as my daughter loves the place, by the sounds of it I've been lucky.

Last time I went there were tons of Albanians hanging round by Sacre Couer going up to people with signs in English to distract them while another one of them steals phones and wallets. It's also a big tactic in Barcelona and Madrid. The police are up there in Montmarte but just stand there looking threatening but not doing anything.

Apparently the crime rate in Paris has gone up 70 per cent in the last 18 months. I think Paris needs to sort itself out because the Olympics will be an absolute shitshow and they will end up having no tourists.

10 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I think I know about 15 people now who have had their phones and wallets robbed. 

Still can’t believe <24 hours after mine was pinched, it’s in Algeria.

I did the “Find My IPhone” the morning after the game and it was a mile from where we were staying. It was a phone shop on a street of equally dodgy looking phone shops. The guy behind the counter looked at me for ages, then claimed he didn’t speak English and then told me in perfect English where the police station was. 

I’m 95% sure he knew what I was there for, a picture with myself and my daughter with the Premiership and European Cups are my Lock Screen. I did think about strong arming him but it wasn’t in a great area and I wouldn’t have been surprised had a load of Somalians turned up with machetes  within 15 seconds. 

When I saw it was at CDG, I was like “Please don’t turn up in Liverpool…”, I was more relieved when I saw it at Houari Boumedienne Airport. There has been no movement on it since.

When I called O2 the lass was like “Do you know anybody in Algeria who can go pick it up for you?”, errrrr funnily enough love, no I don’t. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Still can’t believe <24 hours after mine was pinched, it’s in Algeria.

I did the “Find My IPhone” the morning after the game and it was a mile from where we were staying. It was a phone shop on a street of equally dodgy looking phone shops. The guy behind the counter looked at me for ages, then claimed he didn’t speak English and then told me in perfect English where the police station was. 

I’m 95% sure he knew what I was there for, a picture with myself and my daughter with the Premiership and European Cups are my Lock Screen. I did think about strong arming him but it wasn’t in a great area and I wouldn’t have been surprised had a load of Somalians turned up with machetes  within 15 seconds. 

When I saw it was at CDG, I was like “Please don’t turn up in Liverpool…”, I was more relieved when I saw it at Houari Boumedienne Airport. There has been no movement on it since.

When I called O2 the lass was like “Do you know anybody in Algeria who can go pick it up for you?”, errrrr funnily enough love, no I don’t. 

Do you not know Mohammad?

Lives at 1 Algeria Road, Algeria. AL6 3RIA

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Also, the French police have got a fucking nerve blaming anyone and calling for resignations. 

That minister might be a cunt, but I didn't see him spraying innocent people in the eyes with pepper spray.

I think the match was policed (at least the robocops) by Police Nationals - certainly the vans and jeep things I saw throughout the day were Police Nationale. I think these stories of police calling out the government are from the Gendarmerie, which is another nation force under the interior ministry (as is the PN). My guess is this is internal politics and the gendarms believe they should be in control of these events. I'm sure @Arnaud would know more. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

It’s shitty that a scumbag robbed you. 

But, this whole story has made me laugh a bit. How the fuck did it get to Algeria so bloody quickly? It’ll be in Syria next week and you’ll have the terror squad bursting through your door! 

This quoted bit was the cherry on the cake. Haha. Daft fucker! 

• Upvote 2

The way the club its fans and the people of Liverpool are spoken about is genuinely outrageous. You only have to look at the comments under any related article its the same prejudice you see from racists about foreigners, different races. Just sheer venom and bile, hatred. Regardless of the facts as they are irrelevant they know the truth! even today I saw a video pop up on YouTube with nick ferrari somebody saying they've no sympathy for the fans in Paris because they did the same at Hillsborough it was their fault. Fair play Nick put them straight but it doesn't matter even the comments underneath don't give two fucks about the evidence they are blinded by their own prejudice and hate. If you complain its always the victims. 

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The way the club its fans and the people of Liverpool are spoken about is genuinely outrageous. You only have to look at the comments under any related article its the same prejudice you see from racists about foreigners, different races. Just sheer venom and bile, hatred. Regardless of the facts as they are irrelevant they know the truth! even today I saw a video pop up on YouTube with nick ferrari somebody saying they've no sympathy for the fans in Paris because they did the same at Hillsborough it was their fault. Fair play Nick put them straight but it doesn't matter even the comments underneath don't give two fucks about the evidence they are blinded by their own prejudice and hate. If you complain its always the victims. 

And that why we boo their national anthem and i can't wait to see the dickhead Ingerland fans getting absolutely destroyed by the Qatari police at the world cup and getting long jail sentances. 

They can all get to fuck.

5 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

And that why we boo their national anthem and i can't wait to see the dickhead Ingerland fans getting absolutely destroyed by the Qatari police at the world cup and getting long jail sentances. 

They can all get to fuck.

This is the only reason why I'll take any interest in it.

The Euros in 2016 were hilarious watching Dave, a Man Utd fan from Kidderminster who calls scousers bindippers getting a chair twatted over his head and launched down a flight of steps. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

It’s shitty that a scumbag robbed you. 

But, this whole story has made me laugh a bit. How the fuck did it get to Algeria so bloody quickly? It’ll be in Syria next week and you’ll have the terror squad bursting through your door! 

This quoted bit was the cherry on the cake. Haha. Daft fucker! 

Apart from being £100 worse off with the insurance excess, I’ve laughed as well. 

Doesn’t sound like my cards were used from the point of my phone going until I cancelled them (so I don’t know, 8pm till 1am?), I’ll have to order a new drivers licence and an insurance replacement is coming tomorrow - nothing irreplaceable. 

The thought has crossed my mind my phone will be used to detonate a bomb and my drivers licence will be all over North Africa claiming I set it off. 

Slightly miffed my photos from the trip are lost, I was having a genuinely good trip up until getting off the metro to walk up. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think the match was policed (at least the robocops) by Police Nationals - certainly the vans and jeep things I saw throughout the day were Police Nationale. I think these stories of police calling out the government are from the Gendarmerie, which is another nation force under the interior ministry (as is the PN). My guess is this is internal politics and the gendarms believe they should be in control of these events. I'm sure @Arnaud would know more. 

Spot on Barry, big rivalry between Police and Gendarmerie. Also many different trade unions within the police. 

It’s getting viral down here, the two cunts in the government are in a corner, keep the pressure. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

The thought has crossed my mind my phone will be used to detonate a bomb and my drivers licence will be all over North Africa claiming I set it off. 

Scott is the New Jackal.