You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hey Jude (Bellingham)

Oh Buoy

• 1 month later...

It's funny how people slag off journalists and the 'msm', but do you remember the days when most transfer talk used to come from people like Bascombe and was mainly well informed, well written and legit?

No, let's democratise the media landscape, let any old helmet put shit out into the ether and the world will be richer for it.

Fake news, conspiracies, mumbo jumbo and lies, every day more lies! 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Breaking News: Section 31 disgruntled at TLW as Dave User allows unreliable sources in transfer threads. Potential swoop from GrandOldTeam? 

If he won't commit to another gold membership for 3 months, I'd sell the fucker. Can't be allowing him to run down his subscription and leave for a free.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Thank god the msm doesn't deal in lies or conspiracies. Could you imagine!

Fair point but I'm sure you catch my drift. There's a world of difference between someone who has contacts, sources, and a rep to protect and the absolute multitude of blogs and twitter accounts peddling shite. 

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Fair point but I'm sure you catch my drift. There's a world of difference between someone who has contacts, sources, and a rep to protect and the absolute multitude of blogs and twitter accounts peddling shite. 

Dunno mate. The Times have been pushing great replacement theory for over a decade now, with one of their writers even managing to make it into the manifesto of one of the world's most notorious mass murderers. Haven't seen much reputational damage to either the writer or the paper on the back of that. Christ, she still has a weekly slot on Radio 4's moral maze.

The influence of random Twitter nutters is absolutely tiny in comparison. And that's before you even get on to where the nutters are getting their information from (mostly the British press).

On 10/06/2022 at 06:59, Section_31 said:

It's funny how people slag off journalists and the 'msm', but do you remember the days when most transfer talk used to come from people like Bascombe and was mainly well informed, well written and legit?

No, let's democratise the media landscape, let any old helmet put shit out into the ether and the world will be richer for it.

Fake news, conspiracies, mumbo jumbo and lies, every day more lies! 

It's so we can't tell which is fake and which is true. It's a great way of doing hideous things and hiding in plain sight.

I think Bellingham is the No.1 midfield target but there’s little, or no, chance he comes this summer.

It’s not Dortmund’s policy to sell a high value player more than once a year, and it’s certainly not ours to make the level of investment it would require to bring him and Nunez in during the same window. 

I reckon we’ll mostly keep our powder dry in this area until next summer. 

This only changes if he does suddenly become available, or in the also unlikely event that we manage to get Gavi out of Barcelona. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

I think Bellingham is the No.1 midfield target but there’s little, or no, chance he comes this summer.

It’s not Dortmund’s policy to sell a high value player more than once a year, and it’s certainly not ours to make the level of investment it would require to bring him and Nunez in during the same window. 

I reckon we’ll mostly keep our powder dry in this area until next summer. 

This only changes if he does suddenly become available, or in the also unlikely event that we manage to get Gavi out of Barcelona. 

While I do agree with this, it's also worth mentioning Dortmund have a new coach. Would he prefer the money now to rebuild the side or build around Bellingham for a season, then get the money and have to rebuild?

Ultimately, Bellingham clearly won't be staying at Dortmund forever. If I was the new coach, I'd be wanting the money to rebuild straight away instead of having to rebuild twice.

• Upvote 1