You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Wake up you fool, the parents are nonces too!

The parents don’t get any credit for taking kids to the library for story time, that’s just normal parenting stuff. But DRAG story time?!?!  Hell yes!!! Look how progressive I am!  

15 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Good for you. You've found someone else to make the claim that Drag Queen Story Hour is "sexualised".

Still no evidence of that, but someone who echoes your opinion. Which is nice.

Bloody women, the sooner they realise that the best women are blokes the better the world will be.  

https://www.womensrights.network/post/on-drag-and-the-loss-of-safeguarding

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The parents don’t get any credit for taking kids to the library for story time, that’s just normal parenting stuff. But DRAG story time?!?!  Hell yes!!! Look how progressive I am!  

The top left one (at a kid's party?) iS sexualised and looks very dodgy; obviously I'd support an investigation into what's going on there.

The top right one looks like a storytime and is very obviously not sexualised. (They look more like panto dames than anyone's wank-fodder.)

The bottom one is sexualised and is very obviously not a children's story time.

16 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Bloody women, the sooner they realise that the best women are blokes the better the world will be.  

https://www.womensrights.network/post/on-drag-and-the-loss-of-safeguarding

Most of the parents in that library were women.

Haven't you got any tweets you should be searching for?

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You're a bigot if you lie about drag queen story hour and pretend that it's a bigger danger to children than any other storytime.

Let’s forget about noncing for a minute and discuss how this could possibly affect children in a positive way. Tell me what my child is learning when I take her to this thing…

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The top left one (at a kid's party?) iS sexualised and looks very dodgy; obviously I'd support an investigation into what's going on there.

The top right one looks like a storytime and is very obviously not sexualised. (They look more like panto dames than anyone's wank-fodder.)

The bottom one is sexualised and is very obviously not a children's story time.

The bottom one is a Pride event.  So definitely not kid friendly.  Have you been to a pride event by the way? Sex tends to play quite a heavy part - IMO not places to take kids.  But if an adult goes and gets offended then they are fucking stupid for going. 

The whole concept of drag is questionable, its a powerful group, mainly but not exclusively white men, parodying the appearance and mannerisms of a historically weaker group, women, in an exaggerated and aggressive manner. I struggle to see how it differs conceptually from the black and white minstrel show, maybe somebody more Liberal and enlightened on here can explain the difference ? . 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

You do make a good point, I mean if Bernard Manning had done a kids reading session but promised not to do the blue stuff that would be fine wouldn’t it? He’s just reading for the kids. 

While swearing and telling blue jokes to kids is inappropriate and Manning was a massive racist,I'm not sure how this even relates to paedophilia and drag queens committing the offence?

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Let’s forget about noncing for a minute and discuss how this could possibly affect children in a positive way. Tell me what my child is learning when I take her to this thing…

The first thing that pops into my head is the whole Sesame Street thing about how it's OK to just be yourself, even if that's not the same as everyone else. Maybe those weirdos storming the library don't like that message.

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

So you’re a bigot if you’re not cool with this. Is that the consensus? 

No, of course not, but there is an element of ‘Reds under the beds’ about it, which is driven by, and harnessed, to create division.

Thats the dangerous part.

Years back when I was in a school we got an offer from a pro feminist, progressive girl group who were looking to tour schools and promote ‘strong female role models’ or some other pithy stuff.

Anyhows nobody did due diligence and we ended up with what was effectively a strip show about office based shenanigans.

It’s all about context.

Would I let my kid go and see a show like those above, sure as long as they’d been looked into and were, for want of a better phrase, ‘wholesome’ and thoughtful ways of conveying difficult ideas around difference and acceptance. Would I let my kids sit on a drag queens lap straight from the club, stinking of booze, wearing fuck all and swearing like a trooper, of course not.

You put your trust in people to do the due diligence and if they fail that’s completely on them, like our deputy head that got suspended…

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

While swearing and telling blue jokes to kids is inappropriate and Manning was a massive racist,I'm not sure how this even relates to paedophilia and drag queens committing the offence?

Manning and his act are purely adult.  What is progressive and appropriate about him reading to kids?  You’d say ‘no way is he the right person to be reading to kids’. So when a drag Queen, who’s act is purely adult, goes into a school wearing the same costume what’s the difference?  If the drag Queen just went in a library and read to kids in civvies then no issue.  But you can’t disassociate the drag from the drag act.  You wouldn’t have a stripper going in her gear and say ‘oh, it’s ok she’s not taking anything off today’. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

The bottom one is a Pride event.  So definitely not kid friendly.  Have you been to a pride event by the way? Sex tends to play quite a heavy part - IMO not places to take kids.  But if an adult goes and gets offended then they are fucking stupid for going. 

Crikey,now you're offended at the Pride Festival? I was just talking to my missus literally before I wrote this about Pride as our son phoned her complaining he can't drive his car tomorrow due to the roads around his flat on Mann Island being closed for a while. And while he,nor me,will be attending it's probably no different than a load of idiots in orange sashes blocking the road raging about who is more of a friend to their invisible friend than the Catholics because they won a fight about 300 years ago. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I'm going to my 8th (I think) Liverpool Pride tomorrow. About, maybe, 1 in 50 of the marchers will dress in something that will make your monocle fall out.

It is what it is. If you don't want your children to go, don't take them.

34 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Some johnson that 

9 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

From the man who supports this. 

Intriguing. 

Ulster-bonfire.jpg

Thought that was Barrymore then. 

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

So you’re a bigot if you’re not cool with this. Is that the consensus? 

It's his homophobia (let's not mention his Islamophobia bigotry either) that he's attempting to disguise under a concern that kids are being nonced at a pride parade.

There are clearly some serious issues at many Pride events these days, I've seen some shit I wouldn't want me kids exposed to. That absolutely needs to be policed much better. But the whole idea of Pride, acceptance of people who live their lives 'differently' is a good thing,  when done right. Some of us see it from that perspective, some of us would rather expose their bigotry by making up lies to give their views more gravitas. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Manning and his act are purely adult.  What is progressive and appropriate about him reading to kids?  You’d say ‘no way is he the right person to be reading to kids’. So when a drag Queen, who’s act is purely adult, goes into a school wearing the same costume what’s the difference?  If the drag Queen just went in a library and read to kids in civvies then no issue.  But you can’t disassociate the drag from the drag act.  You wouldn’t have a stripper going in her gear and say ‘oh, it’s ok she’s not taking anything off today’. 

Were the drag queens Stronts mentioned stripping in the library in front of the kids and this is why those protestors stormed in? They had every right.