Quantcast
Where will we finish? - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lebron

Where will we finish?

Where will we finish?  

40 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Liverpool finishing position 20/21


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/21 at 14:45

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If we can’t finish 4th, I hope we finish far enough down to not play in Europe. 

Our co-efficient in Europe is due to rise as we finally get the blank from 16/17 season to come off.....we don't need another one adding on that fucks it up for another 5 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me yesterdays postponement has killed off any remote hopes of 4th.

 

The other clubs putting points on board while we have no game this weekend is just too much 'scoreboard' pressure now and given they pretty much all play again before us in both the next two rounds i reckon the gap will be too much....it's the old saying points on the board is better than games in hand....especially when so few games left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, an tha said:

Our co-efficient in Europe is due to rise as we finally get the blank from 16/17 season to come off.....we don't need another one adding on that fucks it up for another 5 years.


Ok. Qualify for the Europa Conference then. Be the first team to win it before it gets binned! 
 

Just booked myself a hotel in Tirana (Albania) and will close my fingers to get a ticket in the 22k stadium, of which our allocation will be 5.5k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, an tha said:

For me yesterdays postponement has killed off any remote hopes of 4th.


I don’t think it has. 

 

I didn’t expect anything different from Chelsea or West Ham this weekend. Leicester fluffed their lines. 
 

City haven’t won the league. They’ll be wanting to do it against Chelsea on Saturday night now. 
 

If (I realise it’s a pretty fucking huge if) we can take 15/15, I think we have a 51/49 chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In our first 14 games we got 31 points.
In our next 14 games we got 12 points
In our next 5 games we have got 11 points.
If we can get at least 11 points in our last 5 (we should) then we can write off the middle third of the season as an inability to cope with the 3 CBs injured, Fabinho and Henderson following them and realise that it was an 84 point season otherwise. 
On the 27th December we were top of the league and coasting to a win v West Brom. Matip went off injured, joining our other 2 CBs and everything fell apart. Mentally we went while soon after, Fabinho and Henderson joined the CBs in the treatment room.
The sooner we (players more than fans) move on from the disaster from the new year until we first paired Phillips and Kabak in mid-March the better.
The XI playing at the moment wouldn't win the league but things have turned around. Lots of things need fixing in the summer and the squad needs freshening up but we are not far away at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal getting knocked out the EL helped us last night. It’d have just been our luck to scrape 4th and then then them win the EL, Chelsea finish 5th and win the CL and us lose our spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razoray said:

In our first 14 games we got 31 points.
In our next 14 games we got 12 points
In our next 5 games we have got 11 points.
If we can get at least 11 points in our last 5 (we should) then we can write off the middle third of the season as an inability to cope with the 3 CBs injured, Fabinho and Henderson following them and realise that it was an 84 point season otherwise. 
On the 27th December we were top of the league and coasting to a win v West Brom. Matip went off injured, joining our other 2 CBs and everything fell apart. Mentally we went while soon after, Fabinho and Henderson joined the CBs in the treatment room.
The sooner we (players more than fans) move on from the disaster from the new year until we first paired Phillips and Kabak in mid-March the better.
The XI playing at the moment wouldn't win the league but things have turned around. Lots of things need fixing in the summer and the squad needs freshening up but we are not far away at all.

We'll finish 6th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’d hope we’d move within 4 points of Chelsea come the close of play on Saturday, with a game in hand. 
 

Still, I’d assume, 9 behind Leicester with a game in hand. Still feels a tall order to overhaul them but they have a difficult end to the season and have form for blowing it. 
 

We could do with it going down to the last day with Spurs still in with a shout, would give them extra incentive v Leicester. 
 

Could do with The Ev doing us a favour at WHU this weekend as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being trying to work out the European places.

 

I think it works out...

 

Citeh win the CL or Chelsea win the CL and finish Top 4.

 

Top 4- CL

5 & 6 EL

7 - Conference 

 

Chelsea win the CL and finish 5th or worse  (let’s just say they finish 5th).

 

Top 4 - CL

Chelsea - CL

6 & 7 - EL

8 - Conference

 

I’ve noticed the Conference qualification is just a play off place, so no guarantee of getting into it proper. 
 

I see they’ve done away with the last 32 rounds for the EL and the Conference and its sides who finish 2nd in their group and drop outs playing in a pulmonary last 16 before an actual last 16.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was convinced we'd get 4th when we got fabinho back in midfield, but as mad as it sounds I think this Phillips injury has killed us. I don't know what the odds are on us getting 4th, but I wouldn't take 10/1 right now, those 4 points are too many to catch in the remaining 5 games when we already had enough to catch. I hate all this could and should with results, but forgetting the entire shit show of 21, we should be 3 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was convinced we'd get 4th when we got fabinho back in midfield, but as mad as it sounds I think this Phillips injury has killed us. I don't know what the odds are on us getting 4th, but I wouldn't take 10/1 right now, those 4 points are too many to catch in the remaining 5 games when we already had enough to catch. I hate all this could and should with results, but forgetting the entire shit show of 21, we should be 3 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. 

Philips getting injured = Fabinho out of midfield 

 

Same difference 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Being trying to work out the European places.

 

I think it works out...

 

Citeh win the CL or Chelsea win the CL and finish Top 4.

 

Top 4- CL

5 & 6 EL

7 - Conference 

 

Chelsea win the CL and finish 5th or worse  (let’s just say they finish 5th).

 

Top 4 - CL

Chelsea - CL

6 & 7 - EL

8 - Conference

 

I’ve noticed the Conference qualification is just a play off place, so no guarantee of getting into it proper. 
 

I see they’ve done away with the last 32 rounds for the EL and the Conference and its sides who finish 2nd in their group and drop outs playing in a pulmonary last 16 before an actual last 16.  

Someone mentioned that if Utd win the europa league 5th place will get a champs league spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, corro said:

Someone mentioned that if Utd win the europa league 5th place will get a champs league spot. 

Nope don't think so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was convinced we'd get 4th when we got fabinho back in midfield, but as mad as it sounds I think this Phillips injury has killed us. I don't know what the odds are on us getting 4th, but I wouldn't take 10/1 right now, those 4 points are too many to catch in the remaining 5 games when we already had enough to catch. I hate all this could and should with results, but forgetting the entire shit show of 21, we should be 3 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. 

No way that goal v Newcastle happens if Phillips is there to nod it away. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Razoray said:

No way that goal v Newcastle happens if Phillips is there to nod it away. 

Nor the Leeds goal. That gets cleared to Bradford before getting near the near post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the quotes out from Klopp this evening. 

 

Pretty much its the whole teams and coaches fault if we miss out on top 4. Nobody else will give a shit we missed out and anyone causing shit cause we missed out will be dealt with a routed out by him and the players. 

 

Can only really see Mo being a issue to be honest. 2 years left on his deal and already vocal about a deal. Last chance of big money. After the last season can't see Sadio or Firmino getting big offers. 

 

Cant see Virg being a issue after missing a year, if we missed next year's aswell maybe. Same with Alisson, in the current climate can't see a club spending 70/90ml on a keeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Newcastle and Leeds games were killers. The perfect encapsulation of how shit we've been, for different reasons. Overrun by Leeds in the 2nd half because our style of football has gone to pot. Suckered in the last moments by Newcastle because there's no mentality anymore. 

 

If we can play Phillips and Kabak in defense for the remaining games we might do enough to fail getting 4th by only a little bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

The complete lack of euphoria at Leicester’s horror show tonight is a good measure of where most of us think we’ll finish up. 


It was as expected. I voted 3rd. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Newcastle and Leeds games were killers. The perfect encapsulation of how shit we've been, for different reasons. Overrun by Leeds in the 2nd half because our style of football has gone to pot. Suckered in the last moments by Newcastle because there's no mentality anymore. 

 

If we can play Phillips and Kabak in defense for the remaining games we might do enough to fail getting 4th by only a little bit. 

Even in that Leeds game both Jota and Salah should have killed in the first 20 of the second half and the late pressure would t have mattered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×