Quantcast
8/7/2020 Brighton (A) Premier League 20:15 - Page 6 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

8/7/2020 Brighton (A) Premier League 20:15

1 minute ago, Dr Nowt said:

Listening to Martin Tyler reminds me of that Irvine Welsh novella ‘The Acid House’.

There’s a chapter called ‘Christmas With Blind Cunt’, about a visually-challenged, tedious know-it-all, who sits right up at the bar and is permanently smugly correcting everyone else in there with pedantic snides, while they’re minding their own business and talking privately.

In the finish two of the bar regulars are walking home in a blizzard when they find him lying in the snow bleeding from the head. Instead of helping or calling an ambulance, they look at each other conspiratorially, loot his wallet, kick him in the face and cover him with snow.

He then dies.

Hope this helps.

* Resists the temptation to say this game reminds me of a line from Hunter S Thompson - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas "This is batty country" because I'm not a homophobic scumbag. 

2 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

What are you all having the in drinks break? I'm having decaf tea.

They were selling 6 small cans of Moratti for a fiver in the shop earlier so I grabbed a pack. I'm on my 3rd. I want more. 

• Upvote 1

If Neco keeps this standard up for the rest of the game he's in with a shout of Man of the Match.

Remarkable showing so far, such a confident young player.

3 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

What are you all having the in drinks break? I'm having decaf tea.

I'm having tea as well, got some vampire tea bags in.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Listening to Martin Tyler reminds me of that Irvine Welsh novella ‘The Acid House’.

There’s a chapter called ‘Christmas With Blind Cunt’, about a visually-challenged, tedious know-it-all, who sits right up at the bar and is permanently smugly correcting everyone else in there with pedantic snides, while they’re minding their own business and talking privately.

In the finish, two of the bar regulars are walking home in a blizzard when they find him lying in the snow bleeding from the head. Instead of helping or calling an ambulance, they look at each other conspiratorially, loot his wallet, kick him in the face and cover him with snow.

He then dies.

Hope this helps.

I have an image of Tyler being an English version of Boab Coyle's dad.

"The nipple clamps Doe, gies the questioning."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

They were selling 6 small cans of Moratti for a fiver in the shop earlier so I grabbed a pack. I'm on my 3rd. I want more. 

Second half drinks break I will have an apple cider by Thatchers. 6 pack for a fiver is a good deal.

1 minute ago, scudger99 said:

If Neco keeps this standard up for the rest of the game he's in with a shout of Man of the Match.

Remarkable showing so far, such a confident young player.

Wow we see the game totally differently. I think he has had a very very shaky start. 

1 minute ago, scudger99 said:

I have an image of Tyler being an English version of Boab Coyle's dad.

"The nipple clamps Doe, gies the questioning."

"It was that Madonna, but it was just the once!"

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Second half drinks break I will have an apple cider by Thatchers. 6 pack for a fiver is a good deal.

Its only stubby cans but they do. 

Just now, DJLJ said:

Wow we see the game totally differently. I think he has had a very very shaky start. 

Are we watching the same game ?

7 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

In the finish, two of the bar regulars are walking home in a blizzard when they find him lying in the snow bleeding from the head. Instead of helping or calling an ambulance, they look at each other conspiratorially, loot his wallet, kick him in the face and cover him with snow.

He then dies.

Hope this helps.

Well, it's certainly given food for thought.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Exactly the same for me. 

Correct-SHUN! I’m on my 2nd

• Upvote 1