You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

On 11/06/2021 at 20:24, Mudface said:

No idea sorry, the figures were just taken from a Guardian article and I put them into a spreadsheet for a simple, back-of-a-fag-packet calculation as they seemed a bit odd at face value.

Thanks, would be interesting to see the full course stuff at some point 

So people are pissed off that there’s a delay of up to 4 weeks before things reopen properly?? But people are still complaining and acting like privileged cunts??? 

I hate the human race. All hail our animal overlords.  

What’s this WhiteRose?

Anyway, I indulged in a little secondary criminal damage at St Anne Street custody police station last week, to counter-deface a sign. I’m sure daddy TK would be proud of me.

qMyzFWv.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Oh, they think they’re a Nazi resistance group because they are being *checks notes* asked to wear a mask during a pandemic.

The 'resistance' and their stalwart freedom fighters don't seem so heroic these days.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

What’s this WhiteRose?

Anyway, I indulged in a little secondary criminal damage at St Anne Street custody police station last week, to counter-deface a sign. I’m sure daddy TK would be proud of me.

qMyzFWv.jpg

Never heard of them. Are they a Yorkshire based group? White Rose and all that. Fucking clowns, there’s a lot of them in these parts. 

Somebody decided to make this county one of the most beautiful of all, then populate it with fuckwits. I applaud his/her/it’s commitment to taking the piss. 

1 hour ago, suzy said:

I’ve seen stuff online where they’re trying to say Erikson collapsed on Saturday because he had the vaccine two weeks ago! WTF?

Myocarditis and pericarditis are known rare side effects from certain covid vaccines, so the medical experts would certainly take that into account. But it's probably much too early for people to state that as a cause. Won't stop them through.

Myocarditis and pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. As of June 9, 2021, VAERS has received 623 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis among people ages 30 and younger who received COVID-19 vaccine. Most cases have been reported after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), particularly in male adolescents and young adults. Through follow-up, including medical record reviews, CDC and FDA have confirmed 268 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis. CDC and its partners are investigating these reports to assess whether there is a relationship to COVID-19 vaccination.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

45 minutes ago, suzy said:

I’ve seen stuff online where they’re trying to say Erikson collapsed on Saturday because he had the vaccine two weeks ago! WTF?

Apparently Fox News started that in the US not long after he collapsed. Knobheads.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

What’s this WhiteRose?

qMyzFWv.jpg

I’d like to get hold of the cunt who wrote “Covid 19 is Bullshit” and ask him or her why they think my dad, who was previously able-bodied and active, but caught Covid in December and was hospitalised for months, is still relearning to walk.

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, Poster said:

Myocarditis and pericarditis are known rare side effects from certain covid vaccines, so the medical experts would certainly take that into account. But it's probably much too early for people to state that as a cause. Won't stop them through.

Myocarditis and pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. As of June 9, 2021, VAERS has received 623 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis among people ages 30 and younger who received COVID-19 vaccine. Most cases have been reported after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), particularly in male adolescents and young adults. Through follow-up, including medical record reviews, CDC and FDA have confirmed 268 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis. CDC and its partners are investigating these reports to assess whether there is a relationship to COVID-19 vaccination.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

Interesting but these anti vaccine people make me cross saying this stuff when he was hardly off the pitch! 

Inter’s club doctor and CEO both came out yesterday to say he hasn’t been vaccinated against Covid-19.

Won’t stop people sharing things before looking into it fully. That’s the internet and social media for you.

The fact that it’s being discussed on here 24hours later with the above not being mentioned (not accusing anyone on here of having an agenda though, just an observation) is a good example of that. 

13 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Inter’s club doctor and CEO both came out yesterday to say he hasn’t been vaccinated against Covid-19.

Won’t stop people sharing things before looking into it fully. That’s the internet and social media for you.

The fact that it’s being discussed on here 24hours later with the above not being mentioned (not accusing anyone on here of having an agenda though, just an observation) is a good example of that. 

Unfortunately a certain ilk create lies and convince themselves. Sick pathetic weasels 

• Upvote 1

I haven't taken my vaccine.  I have vaccine hesitancy and feel no shame in admitting that.

My reasons are as follows (in no particular order):-

1.  The origin of the virus is not known.  If this was a zoonotic spillover virus, as was originally claimed and heavily pushed for in the media (before they recently switched to the lab leak hypothesis), I would be more inclined to take the vaccine.  If it had been proven that this virus originated in nature I would probably consider it to be less harmful.  But no host species has been found and we're about 18 months into this pandemic now. So, it seems to me that on the balance of probabilities the virus was made in a lab.  I do not feel comfortable taking a vaccine that mimics the immune response to a chimeric lab-made virus, because in many cases it is the immune response that makes people seriously ill (cytokine storm, blood clots etc).  It's no surprise to see people vaccinated people dropping dead from things that mimic the immune response, such as thrombocytopenia.

2.  I believe that the vaccines are highly experimental in nature, which makes me feel uneasy about taking one.  I think they were rushed through the clinical trials and that's why we're only finding out now about thrombocytopenia, myocarditis and so on.  It has all happened a bit quickly for my liking.

3.  I question the efficacy/effectiveness of the vaccines. I don't think they will work against the rapidly mutating virus, think that the benefits of taking the vaccine are hugely exaggerated and that the potential downsides are all downplayed.  If it can be proven that the vaccines have a high degree of real world effectiveness against the latest variants of the virus I would be happy to take one, but I don't think we're at that stage yet.

4.  Long term side effects are not known.  The vaccines were rushed through clinical trials so there is zero data on long term side effects.  I fear we may be sitting on a ticking time bomb in this respect, and that people may develop illnesses triggered by the vaccine in the years to come. 

5.  I'm not comfortable with the concept of vaccine passports and compulsory vaccinations for certain jobs etc.  I'd rather not live in a world where these things become commonplace, so if the virus kills me as an unvaccinated person then so be it.

I'm not pro or anti-vaxx, I just want to wait and see how they perform and whether any further complications arise in terms of short and long term side effects.   I don't see anything wrong with that.

I think the divisions that are emerging between vaccinated/unvaccinated people are disturbing.

• Upvote 1