You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Waiting to pick me ma up from Whiston as she's had an injection for a blood clot in her leg, she had the second jab a couple of weeks back. Her mate had one too and was hospitalised with it, both had the Oxford jab and are in their 60s. Hmm.

But so many people have had the jab now, and old people do get blood clots anyway, so the jab being the integer is no more convincing than saying "they both watched Homes Under the Hammer last week". 

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

But so many people have had the jab now, and old people do get blood clots anyway, so the jab being the integer is no more convincing than saying "they both watched Homes Under the Hammer last week". 

Not quite. I take your point and I don't know anyone else who this has happened to, but it's not like there's nothing in it given the amount of countries who've raised questions about it or even banned it, and that we ourselves don't give it to under 40s. Brought to you by the country that brought us CJD. 

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Not quite. I take your point and I don't know anyone else who this has happened to, but it's not like there's nothing in it given the amount of countries who've raised questions about it or even banned it, and that we ourselves don't give it to under 40s. Brought to you by the country that brought us CJD. 

Likewise I take your point, though the chances of two related people developing clots as a result of the jab must be very, very small. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Waiting to pick me ma up from Whiston as she's had an injection for a blood clot in her leg, she had the second jab a couple of weeks back. Her mate had one too and was hospitalised with it, both had the Oxford jab and are in their 60s. Hmm.

Fingers crossed for her mate.

Finally home after isolating from picking up the oul covid. 

Besides the taste and smell and a constantly blocked sinus, I feel fine. 

Out of curiosity, how long on average did it take some of you chaps for the taste and smell to come back? 

I saw a thing on YouTube last night that if you eat a burned orange it can help. I'm going to give that a go today. 

As for everyone in the family that caught it. My 65 year mother, that smokes 20 a day and needs to lose at least 30 kgs, she's completely symptom free, my dad had a few (he was the super spreader) and my brother is the same as me. 

But all ok thankfully

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Out of curiosity, how long on average did it take some of you chaps for the taste and smell to come back? 

I saw a thing on YouTube last night that if you eat a burned orange it can help. I'm going to give that a go today. 

As for everyone in the family that caught it. My 65 year mother, that smokes 20 a day and needs to lose at least 30 kgs, she's completely symptom free, my dad had a few (he was the super spreader) and my brother is the same as me. 

But all ok thankfully

Try Otrivine nasal spray for your sinuses. You can buy it over the counter. 

Good stuff.

56 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

But all ok thankfully

Me and the missus had it back in October, he taste and smell still bad. She can hardly smell anything 

Glad you're all ok. 

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Cheers gents, in Whiston now, the clot in the main vein has gone she has some thrombosis and phlebitis in the smaller veins, seems on the mend. Some blood thinners should see her right.

Sounds like good news. I wish her well mate.

• Upvote 1