You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Tell you what, those of us left come December are going to struggle in who to vote for in the Cunt of the year awards

Should

knock up a register for those of us on the at risk and high risk lists, so we can keep an eye on who is tracking well.

have to check in at least once a week.

see if anyone needs a hand and anyone else can help out as things lock down.

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Worth doing for those of you close together. Worth remembering you can get in supermarkets early with the OAPs. 

You lot have tracked me down before but I'm always on here. 

We’ve had a thing from Woolworths over here (bit like Tesco), I’d qualify for at risk deliveries.

hopefully we don’t need to use it, me missus is able to grab a loaf, or eggs and milk, and we got some decent supplies last weekend - nothing mad but enough for a couple of decent paella’s which will cover 10 meals, and some

odds and sods, this was before we shut in and before she broke her wrist.

got a few local mates who could grab us stuff.
just got this for my bike yesterday so we can try and stay this side of healthy (luckily the view is decent as well), and finish watching the wu tang clan series whilst I’m at it.

DE627B12-96F7-4694-B442-BF8F514D0713.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It was your go on the draft .... 

Believe it or not there was actually people looking for me for that reason. I was in the middle of some dynasty drafts in a couple of NFL fantasy leagues and just disappeared 

• Upvote 1

A Lad I know who is self employed and the most self absorbed arrogant bastard imaginable, constantly on about being his own boss and everyone is a mug is absolutely livid by these new measures. 

I hope they sort a better deal out for the self employed but I do feel just for this brief moment a bit of joy at his displeasure. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

A Lad I know who is self employed and the most self absorbed arrogant bastard imaginable, constantly on about being his own boss and everyone is a mug is absolutely livid by these new measures. 

I hope they sort a better deal out for the self employed but I do feel just for this brief moment a bit of joy at his displeasure. 

Going by the state of the supermarkets back home a nugget of schadenfreude maybe all the nourishment available for some at times.

enjoy it, I’m sure if it comes to it you will help yer mate out if needs be, let’s hope some of these greedy, self absorbed fuckers learn something over all of this and don’t just revert to type.

6 hours ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Why can’t Mook ram this virus up his arse and we can go about our normal lives again?

I've got the Wuhan wet market up there but it was too late.

Not all heros wear capes but some walk funny.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Going by the state of the supermarkets back home a nugget of schadenfreude maybe all the nourishment available for some at times.

enjoy it, I’m sure if it comes to it you will help yer mate out if needs be, let’s hope some of these greedy, self absorbed fuckers learn something over all of this and don’t just revert to type.

He's not a mate just a person who went my school who I occasionally see. Still I hope he gets good news soon regardless of him being a twat.

3 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

We’ve had a thing from Woolworths over here (bit like Tesco), I’d qualify for at risk deliveries.

hopefully we don’t need to use it, me missus is able to grab a loaf, or eggs and milk, and we got some decent supplies last weekend - nothing mad but enough for a couple of decent paella’s which will cover 10 meals, and some

odds and sods, this was before we shut in and before she broke her wrist.

got a few local mates who could grab us stuff.
just got this for my bike yesterday so we can try and stay this side of healthy (luckily the view is decent as well), and finish watching the wu tang clan series whilst I’m at it.

DE627B12-96F7-4694-B442-BF8F514D0713.jpeg

You bastard I've always wanted a balcony . 

What the fuck were the Chinese government thinking trying to cover this up at the beginning? Fuckers actually came out saying the virus isnt transferable from humans to humans while silencing doctors in their country who tried to warn the rest of the world. 

When this eventually settles down some series questions need to be asked and they need to be held accountable.  They also came out recently trying to blame the Americans for releasing it ffs. 

Chernobyl was the begging of the end of the Soviet Union and hopefully this turns out to be the same for the Chinese communist government. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

A friend of ours is stuck in Portugal on the Algarve. She said that the Portuguese are very disciplined in their shopping habits during this and people are not panic buying so as there's enough to go around. Shop assistants in chemists are separated from the shoppers with plexi glass, gloves being distributed when you walk into shops. Told her she's better off staying there. 

From Guardian :

Although the number of cases is still on the rise, Japan has started scaling back some measures to fight the spread of the virus. On Friday, Japan said it would not extend its request to close schools, setting the stage for classes to resume at the start of the academic year in April.

*facepalm*

15 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

When this eventually settles down some series questions need to be asked and they need to be held accountable. 

Don't worry, the US gov's favourite hobby is winding Russia and China up even when they've done nothing wrong, so I'm sure they'll be on to China for this. Trump's "Chinese virus" thing is the start of it already and they'll still be at it long after this is cleared up. The shitty state of our own govs though and their failure to deal with it will mean that a lot of the blaming will be to deflect from that.

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

They're determined to run the Olympics. Kamikaze, you could say. 

If they manage to clear this up with schools open it'll be a miracle I think, they mind even change their minds once April arrives and keep them closed if cases keep rising.

A Canadian doctor has rigged up a ventilator with do-it-yourself mechanics to treat nine patients instead of one.

Dr Alain Gauthier, an anesthetist at the Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital in Ontario, has a PhD in respiratory mechanics  

According to CBC News, the physician got the idea after watching YouTube videos created by two Detroit doctors in 2006.

With health experts warning that several countries - including the US - do not have enough ventilators for a worst-case scenario, doctors have been trying to figure out how to make their medical equipment work for multiple patients.

Canadian Press reports that to perform the task, patients have to be paired who have similar lung size and capacity.

Then, multiple hoses are attached to the one ventilator so it is running at several times its normal power.

Dr Gauthier said he worries that his hospital may not be able to provide the number of ventilator that the high-risk population need.

'At one point we may not have other options,' he told CBC News. 

'The option could be well, we let people die or we give that a chance.' 

According to the Canadian Press, Dr Gauthier says the idea has tried once before, for victims of the mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017. 

His colleague, Alan Drummond, shared photos of the rigged ventilator, commending Dr Gauthier's work and jokingly called him 'an evil genius.'

'So in ten minutes the evil genius who is one of our GP anesthetists (with a PhD in diaphragmatic mechanics) increased our rural hospitals ventilator capacity from one to nine!!!' he tweeted.

The tweet has been liked more than 63,000 times and has been retweeted more than 14,000 times. 

'Please share exactly what he did so we can share and get to hospitals and everywhere!' one Twitter user wrote.

'Whomever needs to, give dude a BIG FAT RAISE, another tweeted. 

Even Elon Musk, billionaire and founder of Tesla and SpaceX, commented, writing: 'Interesting thread.'