You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Doing drugs in front of your kids

Jose Jones

Drugs with Kids?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you / would you take drugs in front of your sprogs?

• No
    • A little bit of weed every so often
    • Definitely been on the come down the next morning
    • Yep, all sorts

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

There was a couple over here and the girl got pregnant and they went back to England. They named the girl after the weed she was conceived on. 

Mea Culpa. 

Was pissing myself when they told me. 

To be fair Mia is a nice name. 

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

There was a couple over here and the girl got pregnant and they went back to England. They named the girl after the weed she was conceived on. 

Mea Culpa. 

Was pissing myself when they told me. 

Could have been worse, they could have called her 'Tangerine Dream' or 'Star dog'.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I was taking drugs with and in front of my mum and (step)dad from 13 years old. In fact, all the Class A’s I’ve ever tried were first given to me by one or the other of them before I was 15.

That’s just one of the many reasons I have no contact with either of them at the moment and base my parenting on being the exact opposite of what they were. I’ve tried reconciliation a few times for my daughter’s sake but even now that they’re both in their fifties they’re still at it and are unhealthy people to be around. 

I remember staying at a lad and his missus for one night, bad smack heads, kids were always crying , beans on toast for the kids breakfast and tea so no wonder , how they turned out is anyone’s guess, probably members of the Fernhill Rd gang bollocks.

Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers used to get coke off his dad from something like 12 or 13. He also banged one of his dad's girlfriends at 12 as arranged by Papa. Now this did lead him down the road to Heroin addiction but he is also the lead singer of one of the biggest bands in the world and regularly bones models half his age so maybe there is a lesson out there to us all...

8 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers used to get coke off his dad from something like 12 or 13. He also banged one of his dad's girlfriends at 12 as arranged by Papa. Now this did lead him down the road to Heroin addiction but he is also the lead singer of one of the biggest bands in the world and regularly bones models half his age so maybe there is a lesson out there to us all...

Haha. I used to listen to them a lot, but I’ve always wondered if they would’ve been a much better band with a different lead singer. John Frusciante, Flea and the drummer are all virtuosos... some of the best around. Anthony Kiedis is just an okay singer with a bucketful of charisma. 

10 minutes ago, Remmie said:

No ‘Under the Bridge’ without smack. 

my uncle was a smack head. He arranged for his mum and dad to be burgled while they were away on holiday. Unfortunately his sister was there and they tortured her with lit cigarettes.  

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

I remember staying at a lad and his missus for one night, bad smack heads, kids were always crying , beans on toast for the kids breakfast and tea so no wonder , how they turned out is anyone’s guess, probably members of the Fernhill Rd gang bollocks.

Absolute scum.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, sir roger said:

This is why it pays to subscribe to TLW , no way is Debretts going to cover the meaningful questions of today such as these.

I was just thinking yesterday that it was a long time since we’d had one of those ‘questions from real life’ threads.

Well in Jose on that score* 

*no pun intended 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Unfortunately his sister was there and they tortured her with lit cigarettes.  

Smoked them in front of her while only offering a cunt pipe sending out plumes of grapefruit smoke Big Chief Sitting Bull would have considered to be shouting?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Discrete? If you’d have gone somewhere with your parents at that age and they’d smoked it do you think you’d have cottened on?  Course you would.  Opens up loads of issues for me. Definitely no.  Stick to pills. 

I don't know tbh. What age are you talking about? My dad was an alcoholic and, at a young age, I used to be with him sometimes when he was drinking with other crazy people. I reckon, thinking about it now, they were almost certainly smoking too but I never knew. The reason I suspect this is because some years later me and a mate found a big whack of resin in his house. My mate convinced me to ask him for some. Then a while after that I asked him how come he had started smoking that and he said he always had.