You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester City Owners helicopter Crash

Bjornebye

I’m speculating, but this is far worse than we are being told. Everybody that should know, would have known exactly who was in / scheduled to be in that helicopter, even before take off.

The information is being deliberately withheld - not that I have a problem with it - but it’s inconceivable that the body count is unknown. 

I have no idea why it’s hit me, but I’m pretty gutted by this. Perhaps it’s the idea that the good guys seem to fall more than the bad these days, causing a vacuum of the goodness from their works. 

I wont do lotteries on the grounds that if I’m lucky enough to win, then I’m unlucky enough to get hit by a bus the next day, so why bother?

But the Leicester owners (and family, and staff) have been showering blessings on the club for some time, and that’s possibly been snuffed out by randomness. 

What fucking pain and suffering makes up our world. Madness.

45 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I’m speculating, but this is far worse than we are being told. Everybody that should know, would have known exactly who was in / scheduled to be in that helicopter, even before take off.

The information is being deliberately withheld - not that I have a problem with it - but it’s inconceivable that the body count is unknown. 

I have no idea why it’s hit me, but I’m pretty gutted by this. Perhaps it’s the idea that the good guys seem to fall more than the bad these days, causing a vacuum of the goodness from their works. 

I wont do lotteries on the grounds that if I’m lucky enough to win, then I’m unlucky enough to get hit by a bus the next day, so why bother?

But the Leicester owners (and family, and staff) have been showering blessings on the club for some time, and that’s possibly been snuffed out by randomness. 

What fucking pain and suffering makes up our world. Madness.

I'm not so sure about this. The owner of Leicester - Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha - is apparently quite renowned for being a private person and not that much is known about him and his family through their choice. Therefore it stands to reason that if they are private people, they are going through a very difficult time in their own private way. It's still very early in the process and like any serious accident like this, there will have to be thorough investigations into how something like this could happen, especially in an extremely crowded area like this.

It could of course be something extremely dark and sinister - such as an act of terrorism - but somehow I really doubt this to be the case as that helicopter is probably under surveillance all the time for such acts. Sometimes machines go wrong and I strongly suspect that this will be the case here and the information surrounding it may or may not become public knowledge.

The surprise for me is learning that he has always left the stadium in pretty much the same manner with no shocks at all in all that time but sometimes it's simply a result of the odds. Every time you go out in a car you will most likely be absolutely fine but all it takes is one situation and your future is defined by the one occurrence in 10,000 trips.

33 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm not so sure about this. The owner of Leicester - Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha - is apparently quite renowned for being a private person and not that much is known about him and his family through their choice. Therefore it stands to reason that if they are private people, they are going through a very difficult time in their own private way. It's still very early in the process and like any serious accident like this, there will have to be thorough investigations into how something like this could happen, especially in an extremely crowded area like this.

It could of course be something extremely dark and sinister - such as an act of terrorism - but somehow I really doubt this to be the case as that helicopter is probably under surveillance all the time for such acts. Sometimes machines go wrong and I strongly suspect that this will be the case here and the information surrounding it may or may not become public knowledge.

The surprise for me is learning that he has always left the stadium in pretty much the same manner with no shocks at all in all that time but sometimes it's simply a result of the odds. Every time you go out in a car you will most likely be absolutely fine but all it takes is one situation and your future is defined by the one occurrence in 10,000 trips.

Just a terrible accident. 

46 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm not so sure about this. The owner of Leicester - Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha - is apparently quite renowned for being a private person and not that much is known about him and his family through their choice.......

Yes I understand - but purely from a professional Health & Safety issue, the Club would have protocols in place and a list of the prospective passengers flying with the Owner?

It may have been a private helicopter, but one would think there are public protocols to follow?

There also would surely have been witnesses to the boarding. It’s simply not possible that nobody knew who boarded, but I get that there needs to be an investigation.

4 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Yes I understand - but purely from a professional Health & Safety issue, the Club would have protocols in place and a list of the prospective passengers flying with the Owner?

It may have been a private helicopter, but one would think there are public protocols to follow?

There also would surely have been witnesses to the boarding. It’s simply not possible that nobody knew who boarded, but I get that there needs to be an investigation.

They will know who boarded, the point is unfortunately that it doesn't necessarily mean they have to broadcast it to the world. I don't know anything like enough about Thai culture, I know even less about the owner of Leicester City and less still about his family so the fact that he is most likely passed away in a public place doesn't necessarily mean that everyone has to know exactly what happened. Only from a Health and Safety perspective as you rightly say as imagine if that helicopter had crashed perhaps where hundreds of families were returning home.

Luckily it doesn't appear to have happened this way, but there's little doubt that who was on board the helicopter will be very well known to the people who have to know. Whether this becomes public knowledge is really up to the relevant authorities.

14 hours ago, Champ said:

I can’t work out why, besides the football connection, but this has really caught me out

To be honest, I too found it strangely tough to accept this!

Now, with the confirmation, not only have I shed a tear, it also feels like a real kick in the proverbials 

No words

Shitty news. 

Seemed a kind hearted bloke. Played a huge role in giving Leicester fans a moment they'll never forget. Seems to have done a lot for the city too. Just reading that he asked staff to make sure that there was always a bottle of whiskey and some glasses available in the King Power memorial garden so that fans could raise a toast to their departed love ones. 

4 hours ago, RoboRiise said:

From Kasper Schmeichel's instagram:

3BTxsX3.png

That is truly from the heart. I know the people of Leicester loved him but I didn’t realise how much he did for the community.

Truly a good guy. Heartbreaking.

Just thinking about this and a nagging question over the whole taking off in a built up area routine strikes me. The UK Aviation Authority are among the strictest in the world(thankfully) and I cannot explain how they have allowed this routine to go on without forcing the passengers to go to an airport by road first. Obviously we are all aware that money and power influence everything but I am sure questions will be asked and heads will role regarding these protocols. If they'd have crashed on take off at an airport there are set ways of dealing with them and emergency crew right on hand who train for these situations. It makes it even sadder to be honest.I'm certain it will be clamped down on but all too late for this.

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Just thinking about this and a nagging question over the whole taking off in a built up area routine strikes me. The UK Aviation Authority are among the strictest in the world(thankfully) and I cannot explain how they have allowed this routine to go on without forcing the passengers to go to an airport by road first. Obviously we are all aware that money and power influence everything but I am sure questions will be asked and heads will role regarding these protocols. If they'd have crashed on take off at an airport there are set ways of dealing with them and emergency crew right on hand who train for these situations. It makes it even sadder to be honest.I'm certain it will be clamped down on but all too late for this.

Helicopters into and out of sporting events happens all the time. Football grounds, racecourses. It's not unusual.

28 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Helicopters into and out of sporting events happens all the time. Football grounds, racecourses. It's not unusual.

See them all the time round Aintree, sad day for Leicester. Hopefully the son will carry things on and not offload them 

18 hours ago, Anubis said:

I realise this but I think there might be some changes to that in the future. Racecourses are a little different to football ground car parks and are quite often away from built up areas and are large open fields. Still,will be interesting to see what happens in the aftermath and subsequent inquiry.