Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 142 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

If UEFA have evidence then City are screwed.

On a side note as I can't be arsed looking. These statements about Juventus and Bayern, are they from their deluded fans, Journalists or official City statements? 

You mean that they're sponsored by people with links to the club? We'll juventus is obviously the case. And as for the 8% Audi supposedly own, well according to the Bayern web site that's true too. But I don't understand the issue, their deals seem to be around market value to me. 

FC Bayern München eV

75 %

adidas AG

8.33 %

AUDI AG

8.33 %

Allianz SE

8.33 %

11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

You mean that they're sponsored by people with links to the club? We'll juventus is obviously the case. And as for the 8% Audi supposedly own, well according to the Bayern web site that's true too. But I don't understand the issue, their deals seem to be around market value to me. 

FC Bayern München eV

75 %

adidas AG

8.33 %

AUDI AG

8.33 %

Allianz SE

8.33 %

I was on about who has been bringing Bayern and Juventus into the chat, MCFC officialy or hacks/fans. 

City and their defenders have watched way too much Law & Order. The idea that the murder weapon, despite being found in the bedroom of the accused with their fingerprints all over it, is inadmissable because the police didn't have a proper warrant might work in a courtroom, and even then the courts aren't as zealous as the need to fill 45 minutes of television might imply, but civil contracts don't work like that. Remember the Tevez/Mascherano debacle at West Ham, when they played despite being ineligible? A firm application of the rules would have seen points docked for all those games, but instead the authorities chickened out and hit them with a fine that was akin to allowing the criminal to pay their fine from the money they stole. The problem for Sheffield United, who went to every conceivable institution to get the decision overturned, is that there was no evidence the authorities didn't follow their own rules, and you can be sure that if Uefa had a rule saying that evidence that came to light because it was stolen is 'inadmissable' then the fancy lawyers that City's defenders are always on about would have found it by now. I think Cas will split the difference on the penalty for the sake of a quiet life, something Uefa will have considered when deciding on the penalty, but it seems unlikely to me they'll junk it entirely. Doing that would be Cas saying that you can get away with any rule breach if you just deny that you did it and smear anyone who says otherwise. 

Incidentally, I've long found it heartening that West Ham's duplicity was inadvertently revealed because of Liverpool. It's not that Liverpool ratted West Ham out, they just wanted to be correct about the nature of Mascherano's contract. Doing that highlighted that West Ham had been incorrect. Corporate culture does count on occasion.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I was on about who has been bringing Bayern and Juventus into the chat, MCFC officialy or hacks/fans. 

The equivalent city hacks as we have around our club. So when we want anything in the public domain, we go to Joyce, Jones, ready etc - so it's just the club without it being the club. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry Wom said:

The equivalent city hacks as we have around our club. So when we want anything in the public domain, we go to Joyce, Jones, ready etc - so it's just the club without it being the club. 

Cheers mate. Desperate from City then, everyone including themselves know they are guilty so they are resorting to threatening stuff like this in the hope it all goes away. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Cheers mate. Desperate from City then, everyone including themselves know they are guilty so they are resorting to threatening stuff like this in the hope it all goes away. 

But also when you think about it, they're trying to convince everyone and anyone how they do things the right way at city. Their whole point of being there is to convince you Abu Dhabi is great and not the human rights abusing shithole that it is. Getting done like this does not help that image, so they almost have no choice but to call foul and sling as much mud as they can at others in the hope that if there's enough shit flying round it'll look like what they did was normal, they were just playing a loaded game. 

33 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Well, I might as well tell you now. You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Guardiola. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest fucking dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

Clough but fair. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I love how the tainted title hash tag has boomeranged the fuck around... right to the face.

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

IF they also lose the 2014 title then they will have really slipped up.

1: When clubs sign up to UEFA's rules, it is precisely that - a competition regulated by another body. When you play in one of their competitions, you agree to their rules which includes adherence to UEFA stipulations which includes FFP.

2: CAS only has to decide whether UEFA have implemented properly their own rules and whether they have been interpreted with due process. 

City fans seem to think that they can appeal against FFP as being an unfair system to CAS. This is inaccurate. Wrong court. Further other clubs would need to join suit against UEFA to abolish FFP and have UEFA start over. This would need to be done within UEFA first before going to court.

Where City might have some joy is over the penalty for failing FFP ( 2 year ban and fine). UEFA will need to show the reasoning for and how they determined the penalty.  As UEFA have fined City for breaching FFP and warned them about their contact previously UEFA may have a strong case to show their penalty was within their rights.

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

But also when you think about it, they're trying to convince everyone and anyone how they do things the right way at city. Their whole point of being there is to convince you Abu Dhabi is great and not the human rights abusing shithole that it is. Getting done like this does not help that image, so they almost have no choice but to call foul and sling as much mud as they can at others in the hope that if there's enough shit flying round it'll look like what they did was normal, they were just playing a loaded game. 

Yeah, but a whole new stance from 'We haven't done anything wrong it's a witch hunt against our club' line. It would seem the severity of it all has finally kicked in and they are stamping their feet. 

19 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, but a whole new stance from 'We haven't done anything wrong it's a witch hunt against our club' line. It would seem the severity of it all has finally kicked in and they are stamping their feet. 

Yeah, but they claim they've been making a dossier since 2018. A dossier that claims juventus are owned by Agnelli family, Bayern are 8% owned by Audi and some transfers benefit both the selling club and the buying club. You can see the depths they have gone to and some real dark web shit was needed with some skilled hackers and accountants to discover such irregularities. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

Yeah, but they claim they've been making a dossier since 2018. A dossier that claims juventus are owned by Agnelli family, Bayern are 8% owned by Audi and some transfers benefit both the selling club and the buying club. You can see the depths they have gone to and some real dark web shit was needed with some skilled hackers and accountants to discover such irregularities. 

Hope they get done for that as well, rub salt into the gaping wound. It would be hilarious if Abi Dabi fucked off with their tail between their legs, City would fall like the proverbial stone and keep falling. 

9 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Hope they get done for that as well, rub salt into the gaping wound. It would be hilarious if Abi Dabi fucked off with their tail between their legs, City would fall like the proverbial stone and keep falling. 

I genuinely don't think they'll fuck off. I might be wrong, but I think they won't want to be seen as losers. 

16 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I genuinely don't think they'll fuck off. I might be wrong, but I think they won't want to be seen as losers. 

They could also be pragmatic about it all and cut their losses. Deep down they are all about money, and as far as their charm offensive goes for good PR, everyone knows they're cunts. 

Just to add to this.

If any ban is upheld, or even reduced then it still means City are guilty, their name is already tainted as is their owners. It would be no use carrying on a PR exercise under those conditions and the club would stand to lose a fortune for various reasons, I just can't see them sticking around. 

10 hours ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

I thought the ribbon went because the FA don't allow it

He planned to keep wearing it, and even said they could ban him. When it starting drawing questions about political prisoners and rights in Abu Dhabi, it mysteriously disappeared.

• Upvote 1

If they lose their appeal then the police in this country should get involved (they won't of course) because they will have obtained a pecuniary advantage by deception. They will have committed fraud to win a competition and the financial rewards which come with that. Not much different than trying to alter the numbers on a scratch card and claiming the win. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

They won't fuck off. They'll sack everybody in sight and claim they knew nothing about it. A bit like the Saudis and Khashoggi but without the executions. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, aws said:

They won't fuck off. They'll sack everybody in sight and claim they knew nothing about it. A bit like the Saudis and Khashoggi but without the executions. 

Al Mubarak will be getting called into the embassy for an interview....

38 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They could also be pragmatic about it all and cut their losses. Deep down they are all about money, and as far as their charm offensive goes for good PR, everyone knows they're cunts. 

Just to add to this.

If any ban is upheld, or even reduced then it still means City are guilty, their name is already tainted as is their owners. It would be no use carrying on a PR exercise under those conditions and the club would stand to lose a fortune for various reasons, I just can't see them sticking around. 

Yeah, but they're invested way beyond Manchester though aren't they? They're 8 clubs in and covering the globe, so I just don't see walking away being an option. I think this is why they're mud slinging, so instead of being tainted, they'll be able to say "everyone was at it", a little like the outcome when juventus got done for match fixing. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Yeah, but they're invested way beyond Manchester though aren't they? They're 8 clubs in and covering the globe, so I just don't see walking away being an option. I think this is why they're mud slinging, so instead of being tainted, they'll be able to say "everyone was at it", a little like the outcome when juventus got done for match fixing. 

We'll have to wait and see, a lot will obviously depend on the judgement being upheld, or at the very least just being reduced to 1 year, then the subsequent punishment from the FA if they have any balls. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

We'll have to wait and see, a lot will obviously depend on the judgement being upheld, or at the very least just being reduced to 1 year, then the subsequent punishment from the FA if they have any balls. 

Yeah mate, we'll see in the end. My feeling is you suck this up and get on with it. But taking everyone down with them is perhaps what they see as their best shot. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Considering their huge investment in the club it's unlikely they UAE is going to ditch City unless they get a ludicrously large offer, and that's not going to happen. These tossers are here to stay.