You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Open Championship 2018 - Carnoustie

Starts on Thursday.

Apparently we’ll see some monster drives because the course is so dry. Brandt Snedeker, who isn’t a big hitter, tweeted that he hit one over 420 yards up the 18th. He also said despite that the greens are good. I think there’s a chance of a little bit of rain on Friday but other than that it’s gonna stay hot.

With all that said, if two or three of the main guys go well we could be looking at an outrageous score for a major, even compared to the low winning scores for the last four years.

2017 - Jordan Spieth -12

2016 - Henrik Stenson -20

2015 - Zach Johnson -15 (playoff)

2014 - Rory McIlroy -17

Who are you picking to win? Anyone with a Ladbrokes account will find a free £2 bet in there to use only on this. I’ve gone for Leishman at 40/1. I think he’s knocking on the door and will win a major sooner rather than later. He always seems to have three good rounds and one that lets him down. Maybe this time he can put it all together.

Starts on Thursday.

Apparently we’ll see some monster drives because the course is so dry. Brandt Snedeker, who isn’t a big hitter, tweeted that he hit one over 420 yards up the 18th. He also said despite that the greens are good. I think there’s a chance of a little bit of rain on Friday but other than that it’s gonna stay hot.

With all that said, if two or three of the main guys go well we could be looking at an outrageous score for a major, even compared to the low winning scores for the last four years.

2017 - Jordan Spieth -12

2014 - Rory McIlroy -17

Who are you picking to win? Anyone with a Ladbrokes account will find a free £2 bet in there to use only on this. I’ve gone for Leishman at 40/1. I think he’s knocking on the door and will win a major sooner rather than later. He always seems to have three good rounds and one that lets him down. Maybe this time he can put it all together.

Unless you are banned from promotions as a fair few people are.

As for the golf itself,I am looking forward to missing yet another major sporting event as that Murdoch cunt has stolen another sport from terrestrial tv. Will watch it on ceefax like Tony does with the f**tie.

Starts on Thursday.

2017 - Jordan Spieth -12

2014 - Rory McIlroy -17

Woods and Fleetwood. Same as ill do every major this year. Woods for the nostalgia more then anything.

Just realised I’ve got to go to a five year olds birthday party tomorrow at 16:30 - 18:30 so I’m gonna miss the end of the golf. Who in their right mind organises kids parties at that time on a Sunday? And it’s being held in a town 40 minutes up the road from ours, 50 minutes away from where the kid actually lives. Fucking cunts, that’s who. There had better be a good buffet.

• Upvote 1

I got Speith at 22s. Short as 15/8 now. Someone will have to play very well to best the champ.

Don't start counting it yet Joe. I am on Spieth and I am the biggest jinx I know. Within 4 hours of me laying down a tenner on Jon Rahm he had scored his worst round since he was in nappies.

I think one of the players on -9 will win it, more than likely Spieth.

Would absolute love Tiger to win it but he’ll fall away as he has done in most of his chances this season. He’s playing well though and he will win again eventually.

McIlroy has played some great golf but as ever he’s really patchy so it’s hard to predict a win for him.

I hope Molinari goes well today. And Noren.

We need our Ryder Cup boys to play well against the Yanks ahead of September.