You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not really been expecting City to drop points, they have too large a squad and they don't even have the CL to distract them. Football in this country (and elsewhere) has clearly changed with the influx of literally billions to build a team and hire one of the best managers to coach that team (one who is experienced at managing the best players). It's not going to change because noone seems to care enough about this huge financial discrepancy for some reason. This season it feels like a lot of neutrals want City to win the title basically out of spite for us. Of course if it were their team who were having their best ever season it would be a different story and they'd be crying foul play. It's clearly not fair (financially) and it doesn't even feel like 'sport' to me sometimes anymore. City will potentially dominate English football for years whilst they are the publicity vessel for rich sheikhs and their kingdoms. It WILL make the game boring and it will become a turn off for a lot of fans. When you see a number of teams at HOME not registering a shot on target or a corner in what's supposed to be the most competitive and exciting league in the world, you know there is something very wrong with the game here.

• Upvote 1

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

1st day of the season on the way to the match some cunt on the radio goes on about Klopp having to win something this year. I said to my dad that we could finish on 95 points and not win the league and we'd have to get past the Spanish clubs and the oil clubs to win the CL. Looks accurate. 

Get yourself ready, this will be the agenda all summer and next season too, if we don’t win a trophy this season. Fair enough as we have a go at Everton for their self inflicted trophy ban of 24 years and counting.

We are too good to not put that right at some point soon, cheating cunts can’t have it all. 

And I can't bring myself to hate City in anything like the way I used to despise United and Chelsea. For all of the injustice around the club's wealth and the fact that they have to bend the rules despite having that wealth, their players are generally nowhere near as odious as the other lot. Keane, Stam, Schmeichel, the Neviles, Beckham, Scholes, Ruud, Terry, Lampard, Carvalho, etc etc 

The main reason - money aside - for hating this lot is what's happening this season. Which is kind of bitter really. They're not really our rivals are they. They stil aspire to that status. 

2 minutes ago, 1001000 said:

Get yourself ready, this will be the agenda all summer and next season too, if we don’t win a trophy this season. Fair enough as we have a go at Everton for their self inflicted trophy ban of 24 years and counting.

We are too good to not put that right at some point soon, cheating cunts can’t have it all. 

My worry is keeping this team together now! If we win nowt again, will Salah, Mane, VVD want to stay and try again? Or will the temptation of silverware (and gigantic wages) if Real, Barca, or PSG come calling prove too much?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RedPaul said:

Not really been expecting City to drop points, they have too large a squad and they don't even have the CL to distract them. Football in this country (and elsewhere) has clearly changed with the influx of literally billions to build a team and hire one of the best managers to coach that team (one who is experienced at managing the best players). It's not going to change because noone seems to care enough about this huge financial discrepancy for some reason. This season it feels like a lot of neutrals want City to win the title basically out of spite for us. Of course if it were their team who were having their best ever season it would be a different story and they'd be crying foul play. It's clearly not fair (financially) and it doesn't even feel like 'sport' to me sometimes anymore. City will potentially dominate English football for years whilst they are the publicity vessel for rich sheikhs and their kingdoms. It WILL make the game boring and it will become a turn off for a lot of fans. When you see a number of teams at HOME not registering a shot on target or a corner in what's supposed to be the most competitive and exciting league in the world, you know there is something very wrong with the game here.

Always going to be the the way with rival fans.   City don't have the support to bother anyone.    Plenty on here no doubt celebrated Chelsea and City winning leagues ahead of Utd too.   I know I did once upon a time. 

2 minutes ago, 1001000 said:

“Ooh, he didn’t win the title despite having one of the best league campaigns in football history against a team with unlimited money and also didn’t win a trophy that has eluded Guardiola since 2011”.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

“Ooh, he didn’t win the title despite having one of the best league campaigns in football history against a team with unlimited money and also didn’t win a trophy that has eluded Guardiola since 2011”.

No one will care about the context if we don't win it. All about the final result, which is bullshit. but it is what it is. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

My worry is keeping this team together now! If we win nowt again, will Salah, Mane, VVD want to stay and try again? Or will the temptation of silverware (and gigantic wages) if Real, Barca, or PSG come calling prove too much?

I personally think they will go again. We are an honest team that isn’t cheating and we play incredible football. 

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

I  think we're OK for another year. I can't see VVD going anywhere - I think he realises what he's got with Klopp and with us. Salah is a different story. we do need to buy a good 4th forward though to show ambition and to save legs. Our sticky patch this season came when we had a lot of games in a short space of time and injuries in a couple of positions. We need 3 or 4 more quality players to even  keep pace with this lot. 

• Upvote 2

Come on CD. No need for that.

As I’ve said before, we can only take care of our own business. We keep going to the very end.

Anyway, this will end where it all began, with Chris Hughton and his Workers Revolutionaty Party roots, railing against the evil and tyranny of the despot from Abu Dhabi.

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

In the short term, our top players don't really have anywhere better to go to anymore. If we don't win a big trophy this or next season we'll probably keep them until at least summer 2020 and then if they want to go, someone can overpay for 28-29 year old's and it will probably be for the best anyway. 

5 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

And I can't bring myself to hate City in anything like the way I used to despise United and Chelsea. For all of the injustice around the club's wealth and the fact that they have to bend the rules despite having that wealth, their players are generally nowhere near as odious as the other lot. Keane, Stam, Schmeichel, the Neviles, Beckham, Scholes, Ruud, Terry, Lampard, Carvalho, etc etc 

The main reason - money aside - for hating this lot is what's happening this season. Which is kind of bitter really. They're not really our rivals are they. They stil aspire to that status. 

Agreed.

Yeah, they have a crazy amount of unearned wealth, but who doesn't, really?

Is there that significant a difference between Middle East oil money, Russian oligarchs and Boston hedge fund managers? Who has actively contributed more harm in the world, really?

I like Pep, personally. None of their players are that cuntish and every City fan I've ever spoken to has always been pretty switched on about football. There are at least 10 teams I would be way more annoyed at losing to the title to.

• Upvote 1