You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

D-Day. Liverpool at home, on Sunday

Kevin D

This reminds of the end of the Rodgers stint. No clue on the field or bench. This is hopeless. Klopp looking ordinairy now. Same as most of the team.

It is Klopp's fault now. No ifs and or buts. He's had plenty of transfer windows to sort this, and he is unwilling to do it. Spend £35 mil on Ox and not fixing what is most blatant. Defense, holding midfielder and a striker that actually can finish and run a bit.

Shambles yet again, Rewind back to '91 and onwards. 

Groundhog day

Negligent.

Fucking Henderson and Gini. How can we play two bottling shithouses that pull out of tackles in centre mid. Beyond the fucking pale, that's what it is.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I confess this is the first time this season I have sat down and watched us for the full 90mins- not something time usually allows.

If I was to sum up our side in one word it would be- Immature.

No one to guide us when we are struggling for ideas.

No one to leave it a foot in on Shelvey when he's doing what he does best.

No-one to demand better of those around them and be the "Manager" on the pitch.

We'll likely beat United but those sort of games are embarrassingly becoming our "cup finals" 

As we all knew except those at the club who get paid to make the important decisions, the shitfest of a transfer window is truly manifesting itself with our results and performances. What I want to know is who is truly to blame for it, FSG for continuing to provide minimal funds to improve our squad and hoping for a miracle again, or Klopp's inability to recognise the importance of a strong spine for a team to be able to challenge and persisting with a lot of shite that should have been binned off?

The thing I don't get is that Klopp inherited a spine of Mignolet, Lovren, Henderson and Firmino. Spine in the loosest possible sense. They are all still first teamers.

Problem is players that Klopp has brought in ain't that much better than what we already had, in some cases even worse. The Chamberlain transfer is up there with Benteke for me. Pointless fucking transfer. I'd rather we didn't sign him and played Woodburn instead.

I was so hopeful after the first half of last season that we've made progress, but we've been fucking dreadful since the turn of the year in all honesty, while the likes of City and Manc cunts have moved way ahead of us.

Our next 2 games are the Manc cunts at home and Spurs away. I'm fucking dreading those to be honest.

• Upvote 3

I confess this is the first time this season I have sat down and watched us for the full 90mins- not something time usually allows.

If I was to sum up our side in one word it would be- Immature.

No one to guide us when we are struggling for ideas.

No one to leave it a foot in on Shelvey when he's doing what he does best.

No-one to demand better of those around them and be the "Manager" on the pitch.

We'll likely beat United but those sort of games are embarrassingly becoming our "cup finals"

Agree with all of this, except the last paragraph. United are massive in the air, and we can't defend a high cross agains a girls U12 team. Newcastle had one - 1 - corner today and got a shot at goal from 6 yards from it. They'll absolutely slaughter us in the air.

Well my early morning optimism has been well and truly put in it's place.

We're a very average side and have been since January. We look exactly like Rodger's side over his final 15 months or so. Hardly surprising given that we're still reliant on so many of the same personnel.

Not sure why this is the case? Have FSG been restricting Klopp in the transfer market over the last two years or is this just Klopp's poor judgement to place too much faith in sub-standard players?

Michael Zorc's influence on Klopp's Dortmund reign is looking greater as each day passes.

We're the definition of a side with a weak spine.

• Upvote 1

James Pearce is a two faced get....lauding us for weeks and saying that we don't need more/supporting us not adding in the areas we all (well most of us) agree needed adding in...now today he is saying we didn't add enough/we haven't strengthened enough.

Fucking blert gets paid a fortune no doubt to write what we on here write better half the time but takes him weeks to finally do it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-verdict-alarming-showing-underlines-13702539

• Upvote 2

I fucking hate wijnaldum now, but he shouldnt be a liverpool player in the first place.

He was absolutely shocking. I'm no Henderson fan but he was being asked to do the job of two men when Klopp switched to the 4-2-3-1. Can tries some really stupid shit at times, but at least he's trying to conjure something up. Gini is offering absolutely fuck all. Hardly ever makes himself available for a pass and takes five touches too many everytime he's on the ball. A total liability at the moment.

On the plus side, I'm liking Solanke more and more everytime I see him. 

Well my early morning optimism has been well and truly put in it's place.

We're a very average side and have been since January. We look exactly like Rodger's side over his final 15 months or so. Hardly surprising given that we're still reliant on so many of the same personnel.

Not sure why this is the case? Have FSG been restricting Klopp in the transfer market over the last two years or is this just Klopp's poor judgement to place too much faith in sub-standard players?

Michael Zorc's influence on Klopp's Dortmund reign is looking greater as each day passes.

We're the definition of a side with a weak spine.

This is down to Klopp's poor judgement I'm afraid.

The reason I'm saying this is that you don't need £1 billion to improve a spine of Mignolet, Lovren, Henderson and Firmino.

He's brought in a worse keeper in Karius.

Yes he wanted Van Dijk. Where was the alternative? Klaven is as bad, if not worse than Lovren.

Not replaced Henderson. Keita signed for next season, but that's 12 months away, when we're unlikely to be in the Champs league again. He's spent £35m on Chamberlain, £25m on Gini. And people say he's not had any money to spend?

Firmino will never score enough goals. Has fuck all pace. Even worse, Sturridge is the back up, another who should have been fucked off.

The state of our squad is depressing as fuck.

• Upvote 6

He was absolutely shocking. I'm no Henderson fan but he was being asked to do the job of two men when Klopp switched to the 4-2-3-1. Can tries some really stupid shit at times, but at least he's trying to conjure something up. Gini is offering absolutely fuck all. Hardly ever makes himself available for a pass and takes five touches too many everytime he's on the ball. A total liability at the moment.

On the plus side, I'm liking Solanke more and more everytime I see him.

Solanke isn't ready but he HAS to be ahead of Sturridge now - at least he can learn and improve.

Sturridge is totally done for at the level we need - a liability, his performance today was a disgrace, he clearly does not trust his body and he seems to have mentally given up too....caught offside at times today in the manner a not much cop school kid would be.

Solanke's development can't be stifled for this washed up has been.

• Upvote 2

This is down to Klopp's poor judgement I'm afraid.

The reason I'm saying this is that you don't need £1 billion to improve a spine of Mignolet, Lovren, Henderson and Firmino.

He's brought in a worse keeper in Karius.

Yes he wanted Van Dijk. Where was the alternative? Klaven is as bad, if not worse than Lovren.

Not replaced Henderson. Keita signed for next season, but that's 12 months away, when we're unlikely to be in the Champs league again. He's spent £35m on Chamberlain, £25m on Gini. And people say he's not had any money to spend?

Firmino will never score enough goals. Has fuck all pace. Even worse, Sturridge is the back up, another who should have been fucked off.

The state of our squad is depressing as fuck.

Sadly I agree, he's placed too much faith in his coaching ability.

It's so disapointing. Everyone. Everyone could see where this was heading after the window closed. I guess we all prayed that we could keep scoring 4 per game, so we were at least in with a shot of winning our games.

Reality sure have kicked in. Only problem is we can't change the manager, because no manager in the world could do anything with these jokers. But Klopp must really start looking inside or call Michael Zorc to see if he have any on his shortlist he can have. 

I can't believe he can't see what 95% on here is seeing. Someone wrote earlier that the spine of the team is the same as Rodgers and that is aboslutely correct and have not been amended. 

I'm not one for rash decisions but since January bar a few performances we've been bang average, a bit, dare I say it bitter like.

All on Klopp for letting these shithouses be in the squad and not purchasing anything needed, except for Salah who so far seems a good purchase. Solanke might make it, he should at leastt be number two now. Sturridge is gone, send him to the soap factory. Buy out his contract, so he can do his rap thing or what the fuck he is up tp these days.

Oh look, another season rapidly disappearing down the toilet.

Seven points behind the top two with seven games gone. Fucks sake.

Same shit as always also on here, pretty much anybody whos not a complete waste of skin and bone can see where this is going but we'll still have people giving it the comical ali routine on here. 

Theres just a simple fact people need to get, we needed better summer transfer dealings. Because we didn't do well enough we will struggle this season. It was said 7 games ago and it being said now. It is just reality at this point. 

There was a time I would have blamed FSG for it but after spunking 35 million on AOC I'm just not sure its their fault anymore. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Alex_K

The mingling of stupidity and self-entitlement from some of our fans is the biggest downer. Makes supporting us at times feel seedy. None of this is a huge surprise. The man took the hapless side he inherited to a European final in his first half season. He was then given fuck all to spend the next summer (literally 0 net spend, with 2 or 3 regular first team players added), and still managed a 27% increase in points & CL football. He was then -- again -- given relatively fuck all to spend this summer (see: Huddersfield; Everton; West Ham) and a bigger fixture list and expectation to contend with.

This Chamberlain deal is a really ugly spectre that distracts from the bigger picture. The mental and physical drain here is such that you just cannot keep flogging a dead horse and expect it to perform like a thoroughbred. The club is run disgracefully -- has been run disgracefully for years and it is not going to change until FsG are out of the door. They were very clearly not spending another penny until we got through that qualifier. The signing of Chamberlain is now distracting from everything else -- even counting that for Fsg, he's a solid investment, who they picked up for the same fee and significantly less wages than were offered by Chelsea. The manager is nigh on irrelevant: we got pretty much the best we could have got with Klopp, but the man is not a miracle worker. I've got a season ticket at this club but speaking dispassionately, I think he's absolutely mental for hanging around.

The mingling of stupidity and self-entitlement from some of our fans is the biggest downer. Makes supporting us at times feel seedy. None of this is a huge surprise. The man took the hapless side he inherited to a European final in his first half season. He was then given fuck all to spend the next summer (literally 0 net spend, with 2 or 3 regular first team players added), and still managed a 27% increase in points & CL football. He was then -- again -- given relatively fuck all to spend this summer (see: Huddersfield; Everton; West Ham) and a bigger fixture list and expectation to contend with.

This Chamberlain deal is a really ugly spectre that distracts from the bigger picture. The mental and physical drain here is such that you just cannot keep flogging a dead horse and expect it to perform like a thoroughbred. The club is run disgracefully -- has been run disgracefully for years and it is not going to change until FsG are out of the door. They were very clearly not spending another penny until we got through that qualifier. The signing of Chamberlain is now distracting from everything else -- even counting that for Fsg, he's a solid investment, who they picked up for the same fee and significantly less wages than were offered by Chelsea. The manager is nigh on irrelevant: we got pretty much the best we could have got with Klopp, but the man is not a miracle worker. I've got a season ticket at this club but speaking dispassionately, I think he's absolutely mental for hanging around.

Im assuming Klopp approved, requested or asked for the money to sign Oxlade Chamberlain to bolster our squad as it faced a champions league campaign? When we already has a wealth of very similar midfielders? But a desperate need for centre backs, full backs and a centre forward.

Dave D....dead on...that is exactly the point AOC in no way filled a real need - a known problem area.

Yes he adds some depth but we have big holes that needed filling elsehwere first as a matter of much more urgency and did fuck all to fill them....worse still we put faith in players who have let us down continually ala Sturridge - what makes Klopp think he is going to suddenly make a Lazarus like return...the fella has added fuck all for 3 years - because he is broken down, yet we keep him and play him today.

Then there is the defence...actually fuck it whats the point...

• Upvote 1