You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Structured payments are the way most clubs operate nowadays. It's not just FSG that operate this way.

I think foreign clubs know that we have the money and there is no excuse for a structured deal at the moment.

£70m to Leipzig is no use if it's across 2 years.  They need to strengthen from the moment they sell the lad, to appease the fans and the remaining players. 

Leipzig's big fear is that by selling Keita now they open themselves up to another 6 weeks of speculation around Timo Werner and Emil Forsberg.  Top players will be unsettled by the sale of Keita UNLESS they pump money straight back into the team.

People keep talking about needing to appease the Leipzig fans, forgetting that there's about five of them. They were only founded in 2009 for fuck's sake.

It's bollocks, the only reason Keita isn't kicking up a fuss and chucking his toys as far out of his pram as possible is because he knows he's off next summer anyway with that release clause.

• Upvote 3

His agent is meeting Liverpool in Hong Kong apparently.

If you was a cynic a smart agent would go back to the club with whatever Liverpool have offered and get a big fat pay rise as the market has dictated he's worth x amount.

So Keita gets a pay rise and has Champions League football, they get a motivated player, free publicity and standing up to one of footballs storied clubs.

We get Ifithadntbeenfor...

I think when you cost £70m you can demand to be paid anything you like.

Also, this won't be his big move. He's still only 22, he's got two more big contracts in him.

You are right, but when your market value is 70 plus ( by then ) and you cost 48 ( if that is his clause ) then imagine how much you can demand?

It's a risk on his behalf like

As Ive said, Keita and van Dijk need to start rocking the boat as far as transfers are concerned. The only way the clubs will let them leave is if the players say they want out and wont play for the club again.

If keita wont do that now we've stuck 2 big bids in, then, he isnt really that arsed about coming here.

As Ive said, Keita and van Dijk need to start rocking the boat as far as transfers are concerned. The only way the clubs will let them leave is if the players say they want out and wont play for the club again.

If keita wont do that now we've stuck 2 big bids in, then, he isnt really that arsed about coming here.

I think that's a bit unreasonable.  I wouldn't be happy if one of our players was agitating for a move and started acting the twat.

I am getting sick of this keita & VVD bollocks now.

Word one way or another would be nice. The fact we haven't been linked with any other alternatives is positive I suppose but if it drags on all summer and we sign them last minute I think I am going to end up hating them before they have even put on a red shirt.

• Upvote 1

Depends how they went about it. I don't know the ins and outs of what a "transfer request" actually entails.

I wouldn't want a player here who refused to play for us if he didn't get his move.  At least with Suarez he knuckled down and put a great season in for us after all that Arsenal stuff.

The only time it was understandable was with Mascherano, when our club was a joke top to bottom. 

you are forgetting about football inflation here, there have been 2 new TV deals that have overinflated the market a 27 year old Suarez would be going for upwards of 100m as a starter.

I am aware of that. It just seems crazy how quickly it has escalated. It's fucking astounding that Suarez went for £75 million a couple of years ago and there was talk of Gylfi Siggurdson going for £50 million this season.

It's disgusting.

• Upvote 1

I think that's a bit unreasonable.  I wouldn't be happy if one of our players was agitating for a move and started acting the twat.

Its what they do though.  Mascherano prime example,  Luis and Xabi were a bit cuter but effectively called the shots