You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

Not a great session, Basically Cummins and Marsh have taken out the Equation of an Eng victory. Have to bat long now just to try and get a draw. That dropped catch by Anderson there just summing up that session. Boycott has had a voice change overnight, obviously been out on the piss last night. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Looking like a shocking decision to bowl from Root. This has got 5 nil written all over it I'm afraid.

I don't think this Aussie team are good enough for a 5-0 win mate. Law of averages say we'll have a good innings with the bat and save at least one, if not two tests. Not that we will win one mind, we are just lacking bowling options in these conditions. I thought we'd put up a better fight than we have with the ball so far like. Ali has been shite and the pace bowlers have lacked depth and luck so far. 

Guest Pistonbroke

8 down now, Overton gets another wicket. Hopefully we'll be batting soon enough, not sure how we'll get on under lights, Cook has a good record in D/N games and by fuck he owes us an innings. 

I don't think this Aussie team are good enough for a 5-0 win mate. Law of averages say we'll have a good innings with the bat and save at least one, if not two tests. Not that we will win one mind, we are just lacking bowling options in these conditions. I thought we'd put up a better fight than we have with the ball so far like. Ali has been shite and the pace bowlers have lacked depth and luck so far. 

Australia are average.

I have been disappointed by England's lack of intensity so far.

If this is 5-0, England will have never been more rock bottom.

Guest Pistonbroke

Australia are average.

I have been disappointed by England's lack of intensity so far.

If this is 5-0, England will have never been more rock bottom.

Poor lads have been grounded due to the Bairstow incident. if the ECB treat them like kids they might just act like that on the pitch as well. Something untoward about the whole set up atm. 

Poor lads have been grounded due to the Bairstow incident. if the ECB treat them like kids they might just act like that on the pitch as well. Something untoward about the whole set up atm. 

Mickey Arthur started giving the Australians homework when he was their coach on a tour of India and they lost 4-0.

Quite frankly, England look like they could do with a few nights out on the piss to bond a bit... not fucking go to bed.

Guest Pistonbroke

Mickey Arthur started giving the Australians homework when he was their coach on a tour of India and they lost 4-0.

Quite frankly, England look like they could do with a few nights out on the piss to bond a bit.

Yep, not looking a happy outfit. ECB are being as daft as some of the players, punishing everyone for the actions of one or two is not the way to go, especially when the better players could get more money in T20 leagues around the World if they stuck two fingers up at the stuffed suits. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I’m sure I read Overton was bowling at 73mph at one point today? Either a slower ball or we might as we recall Colly

Overton is medium-fast mate, never bowled with fast pace, just uses his height (6'5") to extract bounce out of the wicket. Stoneman having a bit of luck early doors.