You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Happy random acts of kindness day

Champ

Ta mate, I'm keeping out of this thread now, feel like I'm taking it over like one of those nobs on Facebook who post shit that just screams look at me, give me some attention. (I think Cloggy was warning about this a few posts back) That wasn't my aim, just wanted to let everyone know how buzzing I was off a random act of kindness.

It still feels amazing.

Don't you even think about it. Like I said, if it prompts just one other person to do one small thing you've doubled the love in the world. Apologies, if that all sounds a bit Polyanna but what's so wrong with doing the better thing once in a while

• Upvote 1

Didn't know about this until now, but We've just done a food run for a family of Syrian refugees who moved into the area where my Wife is the head teacher of the school. They literally didn't have a tin of beans in the house and they have three children. While the kids where in school my wife made sure they where fed every day, but she was worried about them in the school holidays, so we went around to take them a shit load of food out of the cupboards and freezer.

The look of appreciation on there faces broke my heart, (they can't speak a word of English) so it was very much hand gestures and shouting, no idea why anyone thinks saying something a bit louder will help people understand a foreign language, but there you go.

Anyway they don't get anything off the Government until the end of the month, so I'm going to order them a weekly shop on Friday when I get paid.

Virtue signalling cunt.

I've driven the 200 miles home today, had a bath and I'm going nowhere else except maybe to pick up a few tins of Guinness from the corner shop later. I might have to stack a few shelves in the shop quickly.

That's lovely arl arse (hmm that sounds wrong)

Perhaps we could all have a clear out of our garages and attics and send stuff to Mr Arse or directly to the family...clothes, food, old mobiles etc

I might sill have an ancient Xbox with loads of games...

• Upvote 1

I'm not having a go at all. I reckon it's boss.

I know you weren't mate. thanks.

That's lovely arl arse (hmm that sounds wrong)

Perhaps we could all have a clear out of our garages and attics and send stuff to Mr Arse or directly to the family...clothes, food, old mobiles etc

I might sill have an ancient Xbox with loads of games...

That'd be fuckin great mate, maybe get donations sent to my Mrs' School and she can sort out the distribution to the needy kids from there.

I love that toy fixing one.

I live about a minute's walk behind a massive Smyths toy shop & they put all the broken toys in skips at the back which I can see on my way to work. It fucking breaks my heart & I've always wanted to get over the fence to save some of them for the kids who live 5 minutes down the road in a rough as fuck housing estate. I might go & ask someone in the shop if there's any way to go about this now, you've inspired me.

I e-mailed them & just got a response to say it was against their health & safety policy.

So I'm going to go out & boot a tory in the bollocks instead.

I e-mailed them & just got a response to say it was against their health & safety policy.

So I'm going to go out & boot a tory in the bollocks instead.

'More than our jobsworth if someone was to get hurt..blah, blah...'

At least you tried

• Upvote 1

My efforts were pretty measly...

...when I got to yoga a woman was just leaving in tears. When I got in I discovered there'd been a bit of a misunderstanding with one of the teachers. While others were supporting the teacher I thought I could maybe catch the woman and see if she was ok but by the time I got outside she was nowhere to be seen.

I didn't really see anyone else until I went out shopping this afternoon, so when I went to Waitrose I bought some good quality nappies for the food bank and then when I was got into the lift there was the little old lady who'd been getting in a bit of a muddle at the checkout in front of me...she only had one glove on so I asked her if she had her other glove. She said something about it hoping she hadn't lost it. Then as she got out of the lift I saw it in her left pocket and told her. She turned round and had such a nice smile on her face and said, 'Thank you. That's very kind of you.' It really wasn't.

It was absolutely nothing at all and it left me wondering how much contact she has with other people day to day

• Upvote 1

Seems alot of people want to do some good. Why don't we do something at some point. Anyone interested throw some money in a paypal pot and send some kids in hospital or a charity some xmas presents/clothes etc from the site

I don't know how people feel about this but I've been meaning to say for a while, I've still got over £100 in my PayPal account left over from the collection for Stevebaby and wonder whether people might want to use that as a starter for a collection like this?

• Upvote 2

Didn't know about this until now, but We've just done a food run for a family of Syrian refugees who moved into the area where my Wife is the head teacher of the school. They literally didn't have a tin of beans in the house and they have three children. While the kids where in school my wife made sure they where fed every day, but she was worried about them in the school holidays, so we went around to take them a shit load of food out of the cupboards and freezer.

The look of appreciation on there faces broke my heart, (they can't speak a word of English) so it was very much hand gestures and shouting, no idea why anyone thinks saying something a bit louder will help people understand a foreign language, but there you go.

Anyway they don't get anything off the Government until the end of the month, so I'm going to order them a weekly shop on Friday when I get paid.

Fair play sir

I don't know how people feel about this but I've been meaning to say for a while, I've still got over £100 in my PayPal account left over from the collection for Stevebaby and wonder whether people might want to use that as a starter for a collection like this?

Nah, gamble it.

For a good cause, obvs.

When I was on an art course for mature students I met this lad who looked about 40 and dressed like he was off to the dales. In the pissing rain. He was actually only 23, had zero interest or talent for art and was probably only there to get the dole off his back. The stuff he'd draw wouldn't look out of place on a nursery wall. I'm not exaggerating either.

He loved his trucks and boats and would bore the pants off you telling you about them. He had a good heart though and would always take the piss out of me for flirting with the young lasses at the college (I was 22) so he was alright in my book.

I lost touch with him when we left college because he wasn't on Facebook and such. I bumped into him last weekend though when I was out with the dog. I had no idea he was even living round this way. He made me take his number and we arranged to go for a pint and honestly I had no intention on going for it. I was just trying to be nice. I didn't even think he'd get in touch either.

Anyway he did and he asked me to go for one today. Feeling pretty miserable lately it was the last thing I wanted to do but for some reason I went along with it..maybe to get myself out the house maybe, maybe cos I saw it as a chance to bore someone with my woes, who knows

Instead he told me all about his woes. Turns out his mum had passed away, he'd lost his dog shortly after too and his dad still wasn't able to work and probably never will be. He used to tell me all about how all he wanted in life was to move to Scotland with his family. No other real dream or hope in life bar that. The fact he didn't get that broke my heart and I had to stop myself from bursting into tears.

I sat with him for 2 and a half hours and it wasn't exactly good for my mood but it seemed to do him some good. His days usually just consist of watching tele with his dad and doing his job search. I ended up getting in touch with my old boss and managed to get him a few shifts washing pots in the easter holidays with a possibility of a job in the summer if he does well.

I'm not gonna tell him until a bit closer to the date just in case it was to fall through for some reason, which is unlikely but also because I don't have it in me to get too chummy with him right now. I'm on a bit of a downer myself and I don't think it'd do me any good

• Upvote 3

When I was on an art course for mature students I met this lad who looked about 40 and dressed like he was off to the dales. In the pissing rain. He was actually only 23, had zero interest or talent for art and was probably only there to get the dole off his back. The stuff he'd draw wouldn't look out of place on a nursery wall. I'm not exaggerating either.

He loved his trucks and boats and would bore the pants off you telling you about them. He had a good heart though and would always take the piss out of me for flirting with the young lasses at the college (I was 22) so he was alright in my book.

I lost touch with him when we left college because he wasn't on Facebook and such. I bumped into him last weekend though when I was out with the dog. I had no idea he was even living round this way. He made me take his number and we arranged to go for a pint and honestly I had no intention on going for it. I was just trying to be nice. I didn't even think he'd get in touch either.

Anyway he did and he asked me to go for one today. Feeling pretty miserable lately it was the last thing I wanted to do but for some reason I went along with it..maybe to get myself out the house maybe, maybe cos I saw it as a chance to bore someone with my woes, who knows

Instead he told me all about his woes. Turns out his mum had passed away, he'd lost his dog shortly after too and his dad still wasn't able to work and probably never will be. He used to tell me all about how all he wanted in life was to move to Scotland with his family. No other real dream or hope in life bar that. The fact he didn't get that broke my heart and I had to stop myself from bursting into tears.

I sat with him for 2 and a half hours and it wasn't exactly good for my mood but it seemed to do him some good. His days usually just consist of watching tele with his dad and doing his job search. I ended up getting in touch with my old boss and managed to get him a few shifts washing pots in the easter holidays with a possibility of a job in the summer if he does well.

I'm not gonna tell him until a bit closer to the date just in case it was to fall through for some reason, which is unlikely but also because I don't have it in me to get too chummy with him right now. I'm on a bit of a downer myself and I don't think it'd do me any good

What if you bummed each other, but not in a gay way?

Might cheer you both up.

Pulled a thorn out of a lions foot, fed a bunch of hungry people with three loaves and five fishes, pulled a wedding reception out of the shit by turning a load of water into wine, and then died on the cross for all of you naughty cunts sins.

Busy old fucking day.

a53e347c691aa9ee80a984caf9b52412.jpg

• Upvote 1

Fuck sake, misery loves company and all that ?!