You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Songs that make you want to Murder kittens

Bjornebye

• 2 months later...

There some song out just now with some bird going, "This is my fight song.". Fuck me, I'd love to fight her to the death. File under 'songs for deaf 15 year old girls who have been grounded'.

Fuck!  I just listened to a few seconds of that.  Bad, self-obsessed adolescent poetry set to a sub-Cowell generic track.  Fucking dreadful in every way.

I want to murder hundreds of kittens, then break into her house and scatter them around, before filming her reaction when she gets home, with the camera right in her face, as I'm repeatedly shouting "Fight this, cunt, fight this!"

• Upvote 2

Lukas Graham - 7 years. Now you little chubby cunt, if you were 7 before you got your first friend and were forced by your parents to go out and make friends you are one weird cunt. Weirder still that you'd write about it in a song. Cunt.

To be fair, look how he spells his first name.

I'm an old bastard who can't stand any new music. I saw an advert for 'Now That's What I Call Music 97' (or whatever number they're up to now) and every song sounded the same. Every singer was some variation of the floppy haired lovesick teenager. Just overproduced shite. Everything is so clean and tidy. We need a new Year Zero for music but I can't see it coming from anywhere.

I haven't gone out of my way to listen to any new music for at least ten years.

Pretty much the same here.  I keep realising (and then forgetting) that music I still consider new is 10-20 years old.

I don't think it's just me being old, though.  If I were to give you a random selection of songs (y'know, normal, mainstream chart stuff) from 1955, 1965, 1975, 1985 and 1995 and ask you to listen to each of them once before labelling it with the year you think it was from, I guarantee you would get every single one right, even if you'd never heard the song before.  Because, for decades popular music kept changing, with different genres developing and then cross-pollinating and creating something new.

Now imagine we did the experiment again with songs from 2005 and 2015.  Would you really get all of them correct?

Mainstream music has stagnated horribly.