You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benteke

kirkbyred1

Considering his wages and length of contract, we'd easily get 25mill for him. He's still a "Premier League proven" scorer, is only 25 and there will be a big influx of money in the league because of the tv deal next year.

The trick will be to find a buyer but when/if we do the fee will still be pretty good

Agreed, we would easily get that amount and I've heard people say that in the press aswell.All the teams were after a striker in January and as Sherwood said a few weeks back 32m was a big fee but he was with more then that to a club like Villa.

If Sunderland stay up they'd pay up no problem and if we played hard ball like Levy we could make a profit, Benteke basically guarentees those kind of clubs survival in the prem and the fee for him would be worth it.

We paid £10.5m for Borini and sold him for £8m. The word 'profit.' I do not think it means what you think it means.

We signed Borini for 10.5m, he failed at LFC and then went to Sunderland where he couldn't get a game up front ahead of Altidore and we could have got 14m for him.

Benteke has come here and has struggled to adapt to the style of play yet he has still scored goals, if he only wants to go to a big club like Borini did then we will have problems shifting him but if not we should recoup most of what we spent on him.

Don't understand why he isn't playing a full 90 minutes every game. He's our top scorer this season and we refuse to play him even though we have zero strikers. It's baffling.

It's clear why though, Boss. He is just too static to fit in with the host of number 10s we have. At times it's like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch. I was hopeful that he'd be a good signing for us when he first arrived because he has the potential to destroy teams on his day. But fuck me he's just garbage. Andy Carroll is probably a much better player than him which says it all.

Don't understand why he isn't playing a full 90 minutes every game. He's our top scorer this season and we refuse to play him even though we have zero strikers. It's baffling.

Not really all that baffling of you think about it.

He might be our top scorer, but he's a kaka player. And not the good kaka.

We actually play worse with him in the side. And he inspires fuck all confidence when coming on as a sub.

It's clear why though, Boss. He is just too static to fit in with the host of number 10s we have. At times it's like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch. I was hopeful that he'd be a good signing for us when he first arrived because he has the potential to destroy teams on his day. But fuck me he's just garbage. Andy Carroll is probably a much better player than him which says it all.

I see what your saying but we aren't scoring goals. Firmino has one good game every four and the rest of the team score zero goals. Take off one of the three show pony attacking mids and accommodate him, somehow.

His confidence has been shot to shit from constantly being attacked non stop from all sides, even though his goal scoring record was virtually 1 in 2 when all the abuse started. He's just mentally fucked from the pressure and being made the scapegoat, unfairly so in my opinion when we have crabs like Lucas, Moreno and Sakho looking like gobshite's on the field and getting non of the criticism.

Give him a few games where he can play a full 90 minutes with Coutinho and Firmino alongside him and then play two up top with him and Sturridge when he comes back. Klopp needs to play him because this Firmino, Lallana, Milner front three is doing nobody any favours. 

• Upvote 2

He's an utterly hapless player, I cringe watching him play. Most of us called it before the club dished out the dreaded 32.5million. We'll still recoup 20 odd mil for him such is the ridiculous money in the league.

Yep, and this is the version thats meant to be fighting for his future! And he cant even be arsed. I'd be delighted if he never sets foot on a pitch for us ever again.

We signed Borini for 10.5m, he failed at LFC and then went to Sunderland where he couldn't get a game up front ahead of Altidore and we could have got 14m for him.

Benteke has come here and has struggled to adapt to the style of play yet he has still scored goals, if he only wants to go to a big club like Borini did then we will have problems shifting him but if not we should recoup most of what we spent on him.

When I was born I started out with the chance of shagging Kelly Brook. It didn't happen.

There. Was. No. Profit. When. We. Sold. Borini.

There. Will. Be. No. Profit. When. We. Sell. Benteke.