You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Match Thread - Chelsea (H) 8/11/2014

Bjornebye

chelsea frequently had5 and 6 players defending the 18 yard box when we attacked. Even to the untrained eye, they looked drilled in defending.

In comparison, we looked like a schoolboy side with players out of position, flying in in an attempt to get the ball or turning their back on a ball driven at them.

It was depressing to watch but then it got annoying.

chelsea frequently had5 and 6 players defending the 18 yard box when we attacked. Even to the untrained eye, they looked drilled in defending.

In comparison, we looked like a schoolboy side with players out of position, flying in in an attempt to get the ball or turning their back on a ball driven at them.

It was depressing to watch but then it got annoying.

They have better players in every position which helps

It bothers me a lot that there seems to be this almost arrogant presumption from some people that "once Sturridge is fit everything will be fine".

How so? He's been out god knows how long, its gonna take time for him to get up to speed again...thats as long as he doesnt go down with another injury in the meantime! Wouldnt surprise me given how everything has turned to shit this season.

Also, would his return mean our dogshit defence and other fundamental issues in the side suddenly find themselves resolved? Of course not. We have big problems, Sturridge returning will not solve them.

My biggest worry though concerns Brendan Rodgers...he is falling into the same trap that accounted for Rafa Benitez and Gerard Houllier...increasingly stubborn, picking favourites even when they are rank out of form...unless he finds a way to turn this shite around, he will suffer the same fate.

Sturridge usually takes very little time to get up to speed. He will make a difference straight away. Even if he is bad he will, as our attack at the moment is comical.

On our defence being shit, it was as shit last year as well. We just covered it up with goals from Suarez and Sturridge.

No battlers in that team.

No garra charrua.

A group of talented individuals, on their day. But not a good team. Not a bunch who'd run through a brick wall to win a game.

Maybe Gerrard aside, we're too soft as a team. The energy and will to win that Suarez brought to the team appears to have been infectious. Now there's nobody leading by example, that's also infectious too. Meaning that we're a very soft team to play against. There's nobody leading the line, giving opposing back fours a torrid time. There's nobody enforcing the midfield. Teams walk through us. There's nobody dominating and organising the back four. They're all over the place, at times. Mignolet is a decent shot stopper, but he's not an overly confidence inspiring keeper.

We're like United under Moyes. Bereft of confidence. A team who other teams aren't afraid of anymore. And, ultimately, a team who are fairly easy to beat at the moment.

Where the blame for that lies, I don't know. The players need to step up to the plate. Be braver. Assert themselves on the opposition. Boss them. Get fucking stuck in!

But, have we bought players capable of doing that? I really, really don't think we have. Compare Costa yesterday to Balotelli. Costa is a dirty, rough fucker. But he was fighting for every ball. Being overly physical in doing so, but he never gave up. Whereas Balotelli was dangling out lazy legs, giving away silly fouls. Closing down, but it was all half hearted.

This was matched everywhere across the field. Matic and Fabregas ran the midfield. Energy and fight. Their back four were strong, resilient and organised. They wanted it more. Like Azpilicueta wanted the ball more than Coutinho for their winner.

We've got a bunch of good footballers, but they're playing like cowards at the moment, and that's not acceptable.

• Upvote 2

Just seen Cahill's 2 great saves on match of the day again the gormless cheating cunt, he knew what he was doing on both of them . Never seen such blatant pens he disguised the first one well, but the second was plain to see.

First one looked pretty clearly to be his shoulder to me. Unless there's an angle I haven't seen I don't think you can really complain about that. The second one however was blatant as it ever could have been.

Hang on, I thought we could claim victory as we only lost by one goal....we did against Madrid. So in all it's been a great week.

On a serious note, is there a more toothless team in world football. Even Rochdale would have created something, every team creates something now and again....except LIVERPOOL.

Worse Liverpool team/squad in my life time, with a manager that hasn't a fucking clue!

Starting to believe this curse is genuine. We need to fuck off from Anfield... Oh wait we're staying.

Colossal cunt

Hang on, I thought we could claim victory as we only lost by one goal....we did against Madrid.  So in all it's been a great week.

On a serious note, is there a more toothless team in world football. Even Rochdale would have created something, every team creates something now and again....except LIVERPOOL.

Worse Liverpool team/squad in my life time, with a manager that hasn't a fucking clue!

Starting to believe this curse is genuine.  We need to fuck off from Anfield... Oh wait we're staying.

Oh look, another hysterical cuntnugget. 

Strikes me of Rafa's last season, finishing 2nd the season before, buying a load of shite, no-one wanting to fight for the results. Gerrard's miles away, for the first time i get the feelings he's tired of playing for us, i'm tired of watching us. Fed up of 3-4 year cycles, false dawns, selling our best players to the big two in Spain, just tired of it.

It's similar in ways like we lost a key player in the summer and had our star striker injured for most of the season.

Sacking rafa for one bad season was a massive mistake and we suffered the consequences for a few years after that, our fans should have learnt from that to be patient and there should be no question about Rodgers being our manager at the start of next season.

• Upvote 1

It's similar in ways like we lost a key player in the summer and had our star striker injured for most of the season.

Sacking rafa for one bad season was a massive mistake and we suffered the consequences for a few years after that, our fans should have learnt from that to be patient and there should be no question about Rodgers being our manager at the start of next season.

I'd say the difference in that is Benitez hasn't just blown all that cash to make us worse,mind I'm not saying sack him but questions need to be asked about the players brought in