You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

except he's not, he's an excellent player and best defensive midfielder in the league this season with Matic. Same as previous season.

Schidellin plays the deeper role out of the two for Southmampton and is the far superior player. He leads the list for most tackles/interceptions in the prem this season. Schidellin 66 Wanyama 46 Henderson 41 Gerrard 33.

• Upvote 2

Schidellin plays the deeper role out of the two for Southmampton and is the far superior player. He leads the list for most tackles/interceptions in the prem this season. Schidellin 66 Wanyama 46 Henderson 41 Gerrard 33.

He also topped the table for most tackles and interceptions last season too, which is probably why the new manager wanted to buy him for Spurs. We should have bought him and Lallana and left it that from Southhmpton.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/stats-zone-premier-league-central-midfielder-year

• Upvote 1

It's understandable that some fans think Mo Diame is a good player. He always looks like Viera when he plays us because we give him the freedom of the pitch but don't be fooled, he's a Liverpool failure in waiting. He's so much a defensive midfielder that big fat sam played him wide midfield last year.

• Upvote 1

It's understandable that some fans think Mo Diame is a good player. He always looks like Viera when he plays us because we give him the freedom of the pitch but don't be fooled, he's a Liverpool failure in waiting. He's so much a defensive midfielder that big fat sam played him wide midfield last year.

I think that was more to replicate Sissoko from Newcastle to be far. Not that I rate Diame that much mind.

no, Wanyama shields the defense and Schneiderlin roams and presses. He's also not a superior player, he's quite a different player with different role and them 2 combined is the best defensive pairing in midfield in the PL. 

except he's not, he's an excellent player and best defensive midfielder in the league this season with Matic. Same as previous season.

You really have no sense of irony whatsoever...

Seriously: go get laid; relax; don't become a Polish Code!

By the way, last season Wanyama was so impressive, he started precisely half of Southampton's league games...

• Upvote 1

I think we should employ someone, I'd do it for free because I love the club, that simply says 'What about the Southampton tax, though?' every time Brendan or the committee suggest signing someone from them. 

I could even shorten it to 'Southampton tax' if the club wanted me to pay me by word spoken (again though, I'd do it for free) or even if I felt the need to make the point quicker/firmer, say for example if Brendan was getting carried away. 

• Upvote 1

You really have no sense of irony whatsoever...

Seriously: go get laid; relax; don't become a Polish Code!

By the way, last season Wanyama was so impressive, he started precisely half of Southampton's league games...

haha I know.

he was also injured for quite a long period, you know. That's when they went shite from top 4 to midtable.

I think we should employ someone, I'd do it for free because I love the club, that simply says 'What about the Southampton tax, though?' every time Brendan or the committee suggest signing someone from them.

I could even shorten it to 'Southampton tax' if the club wanted me to pay me by word spoken (again though, I'd do it for free) or even if I felt the need to make the point quicker/firmer, say for example if Brendan was getting carried away.

I would shorten it further to just a look that says "cunt off"

• Upvote 1

We must be able to find a better defensive midfielder than Gerrard or Lucas for cheaper than the £25m it would cost to prise Schneiderlin away. Not that we're looking for one, at the very best we'll get a ball playing midfielder who sits deep. I wouldn't be surprised if PSG buy Schneiderlin and flog Yohan Cabab.

I don't knw why we don't look to the bundesliga more often for technically proficient yet physically imposing players. They'd sit nice alongside our tricky midgets.

The club hasn't signed anyone for that position and will not as long as Gerrard is an automatic starter. last season Rodgers went on about how he could continue for years as a DM, deep lying playmaker or whatever bullshit is invented to guarantee his place in the team.

I doubt very much that money is a big part in the current negotiations. If Gerrard is insisting on playing, for even one year, then I can't see the club spending 25 million on anyone.