You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

On top of everything else, football fans supporting Uruguay will always wonder how far they could've gone in this tournament if he'd not been banned, if that's what happens. He's really fucked things up here if it was a bite.

Maybe there'll be some type of sense from people as a whole and they'll realize there's plenty of worse things going on in the world, but probably not likely when a lot of the population is part of a mass-media driven zombie zoo. The media will be going to town on this for a while yet, glad I don't often read or watch any of it. Chiles was bad enough after the match, that'll do me thanks.

Former England midfielder Danny Murphy

MOTD analyst

Posted at

"It is not like Suarez has had anything done to him that bad. A tiny trigger, same as when he bit Ivanovic, a little thing sets him off. We can't think of words to describe how bad his behaviour is.

"I think there is something not quite right in him, some trigger than he can't control. I think in the celebrations he looked sheepish, as if he realised what he had done."

You can watch Match of the Day by clicking on the Live Coverage tab at the top of the page.

Italy 0-1 Uruguay

Posted at 20:13

Diego Suarez, who tweets using the handle @suarez is getting a lot of abuse following the controversial Luis Suarez's incident with Italy's Giorgio Chiellini.

Buenos Aires-based Suarez tweets: "I am not Luis Suarez. There are many Suarez in the world, I am not Luis Suarez. Please."

Poor bloke.

Manager reaction

Italy 0-1 Uruguay

Posted at

Italy manager Cesare Prandelli: "I didn't see the images of Suarez but I did see the bite marks in Chiellini's shoulder.

"It is a shame a real shame but when these defeats are determined by wrongful choices, everything becomes complicated and it is hard to comment."

Former Wales international Robbie Savage on Luis Suarez

Former Wales international Robbie Savage on Luis SuarezPosted at

"Suarez should never play international football again, it's a disgrace. You initially thought he had head-butted him, but then you see him going to his shoulder."

Luis Suarez sits on the floor

Former England striker Alan Shearer on Luis Suarez

Former England striker Alan Shearer on Luis Suarez

Italy 0-1 Uruguay

Posted at

"Staggering. I could not believe it. The pictures are pretty damning and if found guilty they should hammer him. He has built up his reputation over the last 12 months and to come into the tournament and do that, I am lost for words.

"Found guilty at Ajax, found guilty at Liverpool and if found guilty here, he should be hammered.

"I can understand why the referee did not see it clearly but they can look at video evidence. There is no way he can get away with that, it is pretty clear. What on earth is he thinking of?"

Player reaction

Giorgio Chiellini

Posted at

Giorgio Chiellini

Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini speaking to Gazzetta: "The disparity in judgement has been evident.

"Claudio Marchisio's sending off was ridiculous but more so the fact that Luis Suarez wasn't sent off. There's the will to protect champions but the referee should have shown him a red card.

"There's a clear simulation after, a clear sign that he had done something that he wasn't supposed to.

"The gesture is clear. Referees document themselves on players and Suarez has a very clear history. The referee has given a clear address, he hasn't spoken throughout the game.

"We are not happy with how things have gone but we were the only ones to deserve to progress to the next round."

I dont see how any lfc fan is criticising Suarez today, I did the one on ivanovic as I thought he must have done it on purpose because he couldn't be stupid enough to do it twice.

Now hes done it a third time and for his country who we all know he wants the best for I am now convinced once he sees the red or however you want to put it he cant control himself, he didn't plan this and Im sure didn't want to be in the situation he is now, again.

edit: just to add fucking savage is a cunt for those comments and you lfc fans who have been saying you rate his punditry hang your head in shame.

https://twitter.com/Stevelfc1/status/481510342263336960/photo/1

at least the bite marks were photoshopped as predicted

If others have seen clear tv images that are the same, fair enough, but you can blur/smudge/dodge tool those marks out just as quick as you can create them, so it could've been shopped out instead of in this time.

The same gene that made him do with he did today is no doubt closely linked, if not the same, as the one that sees him do outrageous stuff with a football on a weekly basis and sees him give every last atom of energy and desire he has to prevent himself, and by extension his team, being bettered by anybody.

He's a mad, flawed genius.

I'd probably hate him if he played for anybody else.

He's ours so I still absolutely love him.

• Upvote 1

The 'jury' on the BBC seem pretty much unanimous - Suarez is guilty of dangerous, deranged and disgusting conduct. Fuck knows what Shearer would have said about him if he had deliberately kicked an opponent in the head. Mind you, no footballer would ever do something that insanely vicious, would they?

• Upvote 1

Prandelli, who has just resigned, said he can see bite marks in Chiellini's shoulder.

oh shit just found out. and woy who will be leading england in 2016 came out with this "I'm pleased we gave the fans something to cheer about with our performance". Woy's a lucky man suarez is a fucking loon, no one is paying attention to him

The 'jury' on the BBC seem pretty much unanimous - Suarez is guilty of dangerous, deranged and disgusting conduct. Fuck knows what Shearer would have said about him if he had deliberately kicked an opponent in the head. Mind you, no footballer would ever do something that insanely vicious, would they?

Its like I said; breaking a leg, headbutting or elbowing is not as disgusting, low or vicious as biting.