You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

When is Valdes fit?

Not saying he's the answer, but even if we could get him in, it might wake Mignolet up a bit. As it stands, he has no competition.

First team goalkeepers often have little or no competition and seem to do fine. The problem with Mignolet isn't a lack of competition for his spot.

• Upvote 1

Valdes isn't that good after all, eh?

Have you been watching Liverpool the past few years?

Also If I were a GK coach I'd do Basketball training with my GK twice per week. Getting the rebound, passing the ball and receiving passes from basketball help the coordination of hands with a ball and increase the GK's confidence aerial ability and timing.

Also If I were a GK coach I'd do Basketball training with my GK twice per week. Getting the rebound, passing the ball and receiving passes from basketball help the coordination of hands with a ball and increase the GK's confidence aerial ability and timing.

would you use a basketball?  cricket ball?  enormous long shuttlecock?

The only problem with that, (as far as I can see anyway), is that your a barking loon posting on an internet forum. Other than that it seems like a plan.

Annoyed me last night when Mignolet played that ball to Gerrard and Gerrard fucked up and blamed Mignolet.

That's not healthy, that's not on. If Gerrard is unsure if anyone's behind him then he should pop it back to Mignolet, not turn around and see what happens.

I'm all for panning a keeper where it's needed, but it seems that he's now just the 'escaped goat' for poor decisions made by teammates as well. And for it to the captain of the team who has a dig at a keeper low on confidence already, it's just poor captaincy. It's YOUR fault Stevie, you turned around before looking, in a really fucking dangerous area.

Yes, another couple of times that Mignolet should have palmed the ball further away from the goal, but also a couple of key saves to keep us in the game. Doesn't help when your centre back fucks things up in the air like Skrtel did.

Carragher discussed this a bit on Sky, that Skrtel just forgets about the ball and focuses on the man. What sort of defending is that?

Annoyed me last night when Mignolet played that ball to Gerrard and Gerrard fucked up and blamed Mignolet.

That's not healthy, that's not on. If Gerrard is unsure if anyone's behind him then he should pop it back to Mignolet, not turn around and see what happens.

I'm all for panning a keeper where it's needed, but it seems that he's now just the 'escaped goat' for poor decisions made by teammates as well. And for it to the captain of the team who has a dig at a keeper low on confidence already, it's just poor captaincy. It's YOUR fault Stevie, you turned around before looking, in a really fucking dangerous area.

Yes, another couple of times that Mignolet should have palmed the ball further away from the goal, but also a couple of key saves to keep us in the game. Doesn't help when your centre back fucks things up in the air like Skrtel did.

Carragher discussed this a bit on Sky, that Skrtel just forgets about the ball and focuses on the man. What sort of defending is that?

It was a stuppid ball from mignolet. He could see a player closing Gerrard down but what does he do, plays the ball short to him?

FFS, mignolet has been gash for a few games. He wasnt at fault for the goal so Im not bashing him for the sake of it. Gerrard did well to get rid of that ball in the circumstances.

Whether Gerrard is having a bad game or not, the Captain's armband gives him the right to bollock any player on the pitch who isnt performing.

I dont want a skipper who's afraid to bollock other players because hes having a poor game himself.

Before you say 'ok, so who bollocks Gerrard?' the answer is simple. The lad himself will know when he's been shit and being the person he is, will question himself over any mistakes. Hes alos got a manager who will tell him.

What's the point in bollocking a player who doesn't react well to bollockings?

The ball from Mignolet probably wasn't his best idea, that said, it wasn't an awful pass. Gerrard could have popped it back to him, or he could have taken a touch towards his own goal and started to turn so as to face the play to see if any danger was around. But he didn't, Christ only knows why, but he felt that he was aware enough to not feel in any danger.

It was a stuppid ball from mignolet. He could see a player closing Gerrard down but what does he do, plays the ball short to him?

FFS, mignolet has been gash for a few games. He wasnt at fault for the goal so Im not bashing him for the sake of it. Gerrard did well to get rid of that ball in the circumstances.

Whether Gerrard is having a bad game or not, the Captain's armband gives him the right to bollock any player on the pitch who isnt performing.

I dont want a skipper who's afraid to bollock other players because hes having a poor game himself.

Before you say 'ok, so who bollocks Gerrard?' the answer is simple. The lad himself will know when he's been shit and being the person he is, will question himself over any mistakes. Hes alos got a manager who will tell him.

not at fault for the goal!!!, so you would condone palming the ball into the middle of the goal mouth to a waiting striker to have the wholw goal to aim at, rather than push it wide and leave little angle for any follow up shot.

• Upvote 3

not at fault for the goal!!!, so you would condone palming the ball into the middle of the goal mouth to a waiting striker to have the wholw goal to aim at, rather than push it wide and leave little angle for any follow up shot.

You clearly havent got a clue!

From the corner he takes up a position in the middle of the goal line. The defence is moving out of the 6 yard box to attack the ball (I use the term attack loosely here). The ball breaks off the back of Skrtel's head.

If mignolet is moving for the ball he's going to be caught out by the fact that the ball then strikes lovren's back. That's two changes of direction the ball has made in the space of what, 2 metres, less than half a second if that?

Mignolet then has less than half a second to react to the changed flight of the ball and make the save yet clowns like you think he could have 'palmed it out'? Some fucking mong last night said he should have just left it for the defender on the line to swing at it, never mind that that defender may have swung at air and completely missed the fucking ball!

Yeah I'd like to have seen the reaction here if mignolet had of 'left that ball' to the defender.

I appreciate the lad has been gash recently but those saying he should have 'palmed it out' or just left it are talking out their anus.

Carry on1

You clearly havent got a clue!

From the corner he takes up a position in the middle of the goal line. The defence is moving out of the 6 yard box to attack the ball (I use the term attack loosely here). The ball breaks off the back of Skrtel's head.

If mignolet is moving for the ball he's going to be caught out by the fact that the ball then strikes lovren's back. That's two changes of direction the ball has made in the space of what, 2 metres, less than half a second if that?

Mignolet then has less than half a second to react to the changed flight of the ball and make the save yet clowns like you think he could have 'palmed it out'? Some fucking mong last night said he should have just left it for the defender on the line to swing at it, never mind that that defender may have swung at air and completely missed the fucking ball!

Yeah I'd like to have seen the reaction here if mignolet had of 'left that ball' to the defender.

I appreciate the lad has been gash recently but those saying he should have 'palmed it out' or just left it are talking out their anus.

Carry on1

watch it again, he actually manages to wrap his whole hand around the ball, thus playing it back into the danger area.

watch it again, he actually manages to wrap his whole hand around the ball, thus playing it back into the danger area.

You're trying to talk sense to a fucking idiot mate. 

As the ball's crossed and approaches he actually runs forward toward his near post as well leaving the rest of the goal to aim for.  Terrible keeper.  I'd rather see Brad Jones in goal than this charlatan at least you could forgive Jones for being shit given the money he cost.

• Upvote 1

You're trying to talk sense to a fucking idiot mate. 

As the ball's crossed and approaches he actually runs forward toward his near post as well leaving the rest of the goal to aim for.  Terrible keeper.  I'd rather see Brad Jones in goal than this charlatan at least you could forgive Jones for being shit given the money he cost.

Whoa whoa whoa, nonononononono that just cannot happen, desperation can make people not playing better than you remember them, i would rather have the cornerflaf in goal than Brad.

Ive wanted Mig out since last season and we still need to do better, Valdes would not be my first choice but I'm assuming hes more comfortable on the ball considering how long he played for barca.

Fair play to mig though he responded to criticism and was under bug pressure last night, he gave a what for him is a good performance.People were quick to blame him for the ball to Gerrard but put all the blame on kolo against west brom last season when he played a similar ball when kolo was under pressure.

Ive wanted Mig out since last season and we still need to do better, Valdes would not be my first choice but I'm assuming hes more comfortable on the ball considering how long he played for barca.

Fair play to mig though he responded to criticism and was under bug pressure last night, he gave a what for him is a good performance.People were quick to blame him for the ball to Gerrard but put all the blame on kolo against west brom last season when he played a similar ball when kolo was under pressure.

Yep, thought that at the time, it was an awful choice from Mignolet to pass the ball to him there with 2 West Brom players right up his arse on the edge of our box, it was yet another example of Mignolets poor decision making.