You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

The reports are somewhat contradictory, but one I've read suggests that, at the time Sakho took the substance, it was on the banned list, so he had no immediate defence against the charge of taking a banned substance, so no point asking for his B sample to be tested as it would show the same thing. It's only since then that his team have, apparently, realised that the substance shouldn't have been on the list in the first place, hence the review into it's properties.

But, yes, it seems Sakho was taking a substance that was, however wrongly, banned when he took it, which doesn't reflect well on Sakho and makes any legal argument, never mind moral high ground, hard to sustain.

Clearly we dont know all the facts but, if this on the list or not on the list holds up, the question surely is, was it on WADA's list or not. If it wasnt or was on WADA's list but they're taken steps to inform sporting authorities it shouldnt be, have UEFA acted on that or not?

If not, why have UEFA not acted to remove it and create this scenario?

Theres clearly a lot of confusion over it.

I'm lost, where are we now? Is sakho a silly cunt or are uefa silly cunts?

I'd say they both are Sakho has no business taking any substance not given the OK by the club.

Uefa have huge financial resources unlimited access to legal and scientific resources. They should be able to know what's what before suspending a player but they may argue that as Sakho did not dispute the b test and his legal team only submitted new evidence they have acted promptly and were left with no option to suspend at the time.

cant get my head around people still calling him a cunt .....yes he should of checked things with the club etc  but hindsight is a wonderful thing and im sure we have all  used that lovely saying at some point 

GFFN EURO 2016

GFFN EURO 2016 – ‏@GFFNEURO2016

Didier Deschamps: "Call up Sakho? I have never thought about it. Or I would no longer have any respect for those that I have selected.

Picking your best squad is your job your tool... If Sakho is in your best 23, and he's available then he should be in... Nowt to do with 'respect' for other players.

He wouldn't be taking anyone out for Sakho though. Matheiu and Varane have pulled out injured

He would because he also named 8 reserves as insurance in the case of injuries. Adil Rami is replacing Varane and Samuel Umtiti is replacing Mathieu. It would be unfair on those reserves if Sakho was just given a spot.

I don't see how it would be unfair, if he's normally an automatic pick then if anything it's unfair not to pick him as it just compounds the error made by UEFA

It's unfair to the player he would be replacing in the squad. It's also unfair on Sakho and that's why he wants to pursue legal action agaisnt UEFA, but if you're Deschamps you can't just drop someone you have already picked. It would leave a bad taste in the mouth of many of the players. Part of Deschamps' thinking for picking his Euro squad is that he wants team unity and he wants to minimize distractions. It's why he didn't pick Benzema despite the fact he hasn't been proven guilty yet and it's also the reason he won't pick Sakho.