You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: Lallana fancies Anfield switch?

tlw content

Southampton star Adam Lallana is ready to turn down Manchester United and Chelsea and has set his heart on a summer move to Anfield according to various reports today.

Lallana, a boyhood Evertonian, is one of the hottest properties in the Premier League and made the six man shortlist for the PFA Player of the Year award that was won by Luis Suarez last weekend, and he’s high on the wanted list of several big clubs including the Reds.

United had been hotly tipped to secure a double swoop for Lallana and Saints team-mate Luke Shaw, but whilst the teenage left back is said to be up for a move to Old Trafford, Lallana reportedly favours a switch to Anfield and is excited by the prospect of playing in Brendan Rodgers' exciting attacking side.

An opening bid of £15m has been mooted, but the Reds would surely have to up that if they are to secure the services of the exciting midfielder, who will almost certainly be on the plane to Brazil along with several Liverpool players for this summer’s World Cup.

Would you like to see Lallana at Anfield, and how much would you be prepared to pay to get him?

(probably best to skip the first minute of this video to get to the good stuff)

Click here to view the article

• Upvote 1

Boyhood blue, eh? If he signs, I can't wait for him to do the old Leighton Baines 'change-a-roo' trick:

"Yeah, I remember paying my 50p bus fare from St Albans to get to Anfield on a match day. None of us had tickets, so we used to wait around until they opened the gates on 75 minutes for the early leavers and then we'd sneak in."

Southampton star Adam Lallana is ready to turn down Manchester United and Chelsea and has set his heart on a summer move to Anfield according to various reports today.

Lallana, a boyhood Evertonian, is one of the hottest properties in the Premier League and made the six man shortlist for the PFA Player of the Year award that was won by Luis Suarez last weekend, and he’s high on the wanted list of several big clubs including the Reds.

United had been hotly tipped to secure a double swoop for Lallana and Saints team-mate Luke Shaw, but whilst the teenage left back is said to be up for a move to Old Trafford, Lallana reportedly favours a switch to Anfield and is excited by the prospect of playing in Brendan Rodgers' exciting attacking side.

An opening bid of £15m has been mooted, but the Reds would surely have to up that if they are to secure the services of the exciting midfielder, who will almost certainly be on the plane to Brazil along with several Liverpool players for this summer’s World Cup.

Would you like to see Lallana at Anfield, and how much would you be prepared to pay to get him?

(probably best to skip the first minute of this video to get to the good stuff)

{C}

Click here to view the article

This is like music to my ears, Dave. Him and Delph, please.

Have some rep.

tumblr_mtvkvzw32z1qdvhmoo1_400.gif

• Upvote 3

It's a Comolli signing really. Wait for a player with a bang average career to have an exceptionally good season, then sign him for 4 or 5 times more than he's ever been worth before and pray he's not another Zaki, Jones, Downing, Carroll, Adam, Mido, Santa Cruz, Zarate, Nugent, Papiss Cisse, Jeffers, Drenthe, Michu, Babel, Alfonso Alves (I could go on forever) etc.

• Upvote 1

Think he's a cracking player, but I'm a bit unsure of what it would mean for Coutinho, because he seems to play centrally.

Part of me thinks he's worth it, and part of me thinks it's £20m that could be better spent. 

Without passing judgement, he'll be 26 by season end, and he'll have only played in the PL about 70 times, and scored 13 or 14 goals.

Now, I'm a cunt, so you have to bear that in mind, but I'd rather we spent £15m on Ravel Morrison or Will Hughes, than spent £20m on Lallana.

I hate football these days, £20m on a 26 year old English lad with very little top flight experience?  He's getting close to his peak, is that a £20m player? 

Will Hughes just made the Championship team of the season, and he just turned 19 a fortnight ago.  Ravel Morrison is a cunt, but his ceiling is potentially very high. 

• Upvote 4

It's a Comolli signing really. Wait for a player with a bang average career to have an exceptionally good season, then sign him for 4 or 5 times more than he's ever been worth before and pray he's not another Zaki, Jones, Downing, Carroll, Adam, Mido, Santa Cruz, Zarate, Nugent, Papiss Cisse, Jeffers, Drenthe, Michu, Babel, Alfonso Alves (I could go on forever) etc.

Henderson had one good half season before we signed him, Allen had one season, Coutinho had one decent loan season in la liga, Sturridge had half a season playing regularly under Boas. What's your point? i can come up with an equally long list of players that have been signed off the back of one season and been excellent.

• Upvote 1

Henderson had one good half season before we signed him, Allen had one season, Coutinho had one decent loan season in la liga, Sturridge had half a season playing regularly under Boas. What's your point? i can come up with an equally long list of players that have been signed off the back of one season and been excellent.

And if Lallana is so much better than any of those three midfielder you mentioned then brilliant sign him up and he's an automatic first choice. But if he's not, if he isn't far and away better than those three then really what's the point.

25 million is a lot to spend on depth.