You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool (May 3 2014)

WhiskeyJar

We've been running on empty since the start of April, the only real rotation has been defenders fucking up.

In a suitable squad, the likes of Flanno and Sterling would be protected from over-tiredness and we wouldn't need to rush Sturridge back from injury or allow Suarez to work through the pain barrier.

We've got CL football now though, with all the trappings to lure in some quality additions.

• Upvote 1

The Pulis thing I think that is a bit unfair - today.

I am normally his biggest critic but today I thought they played footy. 

Yeh I know but he's still a massively annoying tit

What's even more annoying though is that Crystal fucking Palace have better substitutes than Liverpool.

Very surprised Brendan didn't bring on Agger or Toure when Palace threw 3 forwards on. If you look at the 3rd goal, Sakho is picking up a man & Skrtel is marking 2 others & I am still fuming that Coutinho didn't take the yellow on the 2nd goal when he could have tripped Bolassie.

Overall though we have been brilliant this season & still have a small chance of bring the league home so I am not going to overdo the complaints.

That was because Johnson the prick was day dreaming marking a toilet seat.

So second best is good enough now, perhaps that why we havent won the league in 24 years, its the taking part that counts not the winning eh?

Yeah, 2nd best is more than good enough now, our target was top 4, we've exceeded that. Playing brilliant attacking, entertaining football in the process. Finishing above Chelsea, with all their spending power & 'the best manager in the World'. You are a fucking knob head.

In all honesty, we've been ridiculously lucky to see off as many games as we have. It's almost miraculous that we manage to hold on against Norwich, Sunderland, Villa and even fucking United at the start of the season and probably a few more. We were all over the places towards the end of these matches. And, it doesn't help that we probably have the worst stamina levels in the league and that Rodgers often keep it far too late with his subs. Sturridge and Coutinho are fucking useless beyond the 70th minute mark, and so are Gerrard, Lucas and Johnson at times too (even though regarding Johnson, he's just plain shite, end of). Pointless blaming bad luck, it was bound to happen, just sad that it happened today.

Anyway, still champions league to look forward to next season. That said, we better get ready to experience of late game draws and defeats if we don't sort that shit out. We gon't that lucky again.

• Upvote 1

It's impossible to get too pissed off because we've massively overachieved this season. People have been getting a bit carried away I think with what potential this side has got, but it's basically a superb strikeforce and an ageing captain, the rest of the squad is nowhere near the quality of champions. It's like giving Rocky shit for losing on points to Apollo Creed. We're not a technically gifted boxer we're a hard-headed slugger that just didn't know when to stay down, and we deserve massive credit for that. Until the dust settles though it's gonna hurt.

• Upvote 3