You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Planning on writing a book, needing help though

Red Phoenix

Based on your outbursts here RP I'd say that both meditation and medication should be used in your situation. An even keel is needed to stay on track and be focused and you seem to be straying a little bit from what you need to do.

Hahah, maybe some weed would work nicely! Honestly though I don't feel like I'm straying at all. I think I've finally found what I want to do (write about meditation), and after already getting notes and writing sorted for several chapters of a meditation book, I don't think I've felt more positive about my situation all year. Have reached a point now where I think I'm taking the advice of the poster (will go back, find his name and edit this post to add it.) who suggested that I make a website, create posts, then if things go well enough, take from the posts to make a book at some point.

The thoughts I had in my head just weren't healthy when thinking of writing this before I decided to do things differently. For instance I go to some pretty dark places when thinking about what I want to write about George Osborne and his methods, and for someone with on and off depression it isn't healthy. Another example is that one of my hero's is Hunter S. Thompson. I'd like to write like he did, but I'd definitely not want to aquire the types of enemies he did or end up in the situation he did either (he killed himself.) You could say this about writers and journo's up and down the country though : if they really got sick of it and wrote what they wanted to write without giving a fuck at all, there'd be chaos all over the place, and there'd be a lot more writers/journo's getting hunted down and smeared, discredited, or even worse.

I think it's wise to stay balanced, and seeing as I'm actually way happier now and I feel like I'm on the right track, will stick with what I'm currently doing, at least for the time being.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Will make a new thread next week. Still have depression on and off, still not working, and still getting shite from the dole, and I had a moment a few days back that's just kind of changed things.

I got more or less told I was doing an "admin training course" shortly, and on the way back through glorious Hull to the bus station I just wondered what the fuck I was doing with my life and what a mess it'll be to carry on like this. At the same time the government telling me I'm doing a training course, whilst backing fascists in the Ukraine, basically supporting Israel bombing Gaza, and plenty of other things : who the fuck are they to be telling me I'm doing an admin training course? Because I fucking well won't be. I've had enough now.

Not going to be going on about Masons, (some stuff I found last time tipped me over the edge a bit, but it was mainly because I was being a tit.) apart from a few "passing" comments maybe. The main aim is to fund research that will last up until the new year. Then, and only then, will the book be able to take shape properly. Last time I had this backwards : I was trying to plan the book obsessively with hardly anything written and hardly any notes. This time I'll hopefully have months worth of notes, and a site up and running that can also help others researching the same subjects. Then the book.

Anyway, will make a new thread next week, this one is a right mess, like my head was last year I suppose.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, best of luck buddy. I'm on the other side of the world and hence I look at the site when most people are in bed. My sum (and let's be honest, pretty poor) contribution to this site is simply posting stupid monkey pictures and as such I'm not putting myself out there as someone who is able to help offer any solutions, but if you can't sleep and are at a loose end, feeling down etc., there's always someone here to listen if nothing else mate.

• Upvote 1

Thanks all, am a lot better now as I feel like I'm mostly doing what I'm supposed to be doing, maybe for the first time this year. Have set up twitter, tumblr, website, just adding finishing touches (at least so things can be started anyway.) and have started writing a bit. Will post back later in the week with links, etc.

• Upvote 2

Chin up RP - order a cheeseburger, life is good.

Life's not good for the cheeseburger.  It was probably a bit better a few days ago.

Or if it's from McDonalds, a few weeks ago.

SIgned,

A Vegetarian

RP - what can we do to help?