You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man United (H) 01/09/2013

Dan

"It's the best we've played this season. "

so it has begun, Moysey turning united into bitter mediocrity

If it was any other team I'd feel a bit of sympathy. Those comments are eerily reminiscent of a certain owl faced manager I can't be sure but I think might have been in charge of us at some point? The downgrading of expectation begins.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was any other team I'd feel a bit of sympathy. Those comments are eerily reminiscent of a certain owl faced manager I can't be sure but I think might have been in charge of us at some point? The downgrading of expectation begins.

Remember the derby?

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson sensationally claims the 2-0 defeat to local rivals Everton was his teams best performance of the season - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

thumb?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.football.co.uk%2Fsource%2F0d6ef58bc788f17171f38f47876ee87f.jpg&md5val=363b83789cfb792ed835faa45f51fd1a&key=6946138267e930fb50886dd25fb1fc3f8278be5c&method=fill&size=522x385

We played miles better in last season's match at Anfield than we did today but ended up losing that (thanks to a corrupt ref). Would have liked a better performance from us but the win is the most important thing and wouldn't complain if we win our remaining 35 league games 1-0.

If Lucas gets injured or doesn't improve his form I'd be tempted to play Henderson there' date=' he is a pest and doesn't stop with the engine on him.[/quote']

I think Henderson would be more effective in the role. He needs to learn more about positioning, but there's no doubting his energy.

Guest San Don

Well from a football perspective, it wasnt one of the classics but, it beats 'el classico' and any other game in world football.

And just why are there so many moaning fucks in Anfield? Granted Aspas, Enrique and Coutinho didnt have the best of games but 4 doddering twats behind me wanted Aspas hauled off after 10 minutes claiming we were playing with 10 men. Seriously? If you cant give the players support during a game, get to fuck.

The first 10 minutes were probably the best of the game imo. The mancs had an early chance to score but didnt \ couldnt take it. A resultant corner to us saw a nice ball from gerrard nodded on by Agger then directed expertly into the net within 4 minutes. Anfield rocked!

From then on, the game seemed to get very scruffy with both sides giving away possession. For all the possession they did have, manchester didnt really trouble us and in truth, we didnt trouble them much.

Mariner the ref had a rare good game I have to say. Maybe because ferguson wasnt patroling the touchline he felt under no pressure to give manchester the 'easy' decisions? Hopefully, other refs will follow suit.

Cleverley? What a twat. After jones went down he seemed to think we were under an obligation to put the ball out and when we didnt, he promptly sythed down coutinho. He should of got a red for that imo and then someone needs to tell him its up to the ref to stop play for an injured player, not the oppos.

And van Persie? Just fuck off you horrid gobshite. Surely he was lucky to stay on the pitch too? Then he tried to play the hardman going toe to toe against Gerrard in an off the ball exchange when the ref stopped play and he just bounced off him.

Once again, Mignolet looked assured in goal although he didnt have a save to make until the 78th(?) minute. Some fans had questioned how well he'd look playing for Liverpool and not having much to do all game then being called upon to make a telling save.

OK the save maybe wasnt a match winning 3 pointer but, he did what was needed and contributed to securing all 3 points.

Despite it being a scruffy game, several players could have been MoTM putting in great displays. Skrtel might have been a bit ring rusty and an accident waiting to happen in this game but he was sure footed in everything he did. Lucas hardly put a foot wrong, Henderson was here ther and everywhere, Gerrard was good without being outstanding. Sturridge did what he's paid to do and Mignolet brought some assurance to the defence.

So, another clean sheet and another 3 points. I'll take that after last season's start. It should be noted we've ground out 3 results without playing particularly well and while Im not saying that's title form, its good to see we may be adding an essential ingredient to winning games to our locker.

How many times have people said manchester united didnt play well but got the 3 points? Just think on that some of you moaning fucks! The shame is international fucking football once again interupts our rythm. Fuck off blatter, you twat.

Oops! Nearly missed this. Nice to see gollum's streak continues! Hahahahaha!

Happy happy joy joy. B-Rod set us up just right. Every player out there looked like they knew what this fixture meant; Škrtel looked pyarly fired up, Sturridge was on one and Hendo was obviously reaping the benefits of whatever has been put in his drinks this season.

My feel-bone is tingling this season and it is a good feel. United obviously had plenty of chances but they seemed mostly toothless and very rattled. Our defense was solid despite some nervy set-pieces and given the transfer news last night and today, looks like we've got that covered.

Coutinho was a little menace as always but he looked knackered towards the last third of the game. Apart from Sterling, our bench was not very formidable and I imagine if we had the manpower, lil Phil might have been given a well-deserved rest around 70 minutes.

The game got a 'bit tastehhh'. United are cunts but they don't usually kick lumps out of the opposition, guess that is the 'magic' Gollum has brought. Been a while since I've seen United so rattled and such cynical fouls. Guess playing us just brings out the 'real' Moyesy.

Mignolet was an absolute boss again. Total shot stopper. That belt from Nani was an absolute stinger and had Simon just palmed that back into the defense we would have been taking away a point. I really think we made the right choice with Mignolet and weirdly every game this season he looks taller and more focused, bossing the penalty box.

Well, Moyes walks away again without a win at Anfield despite bringing a better team than the usual chumps from across the park.

Feels good man, feels good.

This is a better Woy link...love to have been next to the orange jacket when he told him to piss off

Roy Hodgson unhappy with Liverpool ‘snub’ | The Times

Here's what gets me: Hodgson has previously been to Anfield in his capacity as England manager without incident. That suggests that there's no issue with him, so to lose it so badly and assume it's some sort of petty snub speaks ill of the man, his temperament and the quality of football journalism in this country.

What a ludicrous sense of entitlement he must have to behave in such a way.

Here's what gets me: Hodgson has previously been to Anfield in his capacity as England manager without incident. That suggests that there's no issue with him, so to lose it so badly and assume it's some sort of petty snub speaks ill of the man, his temperament and the quality of football journalism in this country.

What a ludicrous sense of entitlement he must have to behave in such a way.

I would love it if it was a snub, though. The pathetic fool, he should have cosy'd it up with his pal Fergie and watched it at home.