You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The English media and Suarez

WhiskeyJar

I am hoping that if no concrete approach is received from Madrid before he returns after the Confederations Cup & we can tie up Targaryan & the 2 Spanish speaking lads, that Luis might decide to give it a good go for another year at least.

The Luis Suarez to Real Madrid saga may have taken another twist. There is speculation suggesting that Real Madrid want Edison Cavani. The Bayern Munich thing is a no go, as far as I'm concerned.

The German league isn't challenging enough. Everyone knows that the most challenging leagues are the English premiership and La Liga. This is why for the life of me, I cannot see Luis Suarez going to Germany.

It's Spain or nothing. If Luis Suarez does stay, he'll have a lot of explaining to do with regards his comments.

As for Pepe Reina, the stuff about him joining Barcelona is hot air. I can't see that happening either.

He is off to Madrid no doubt about it.

Good riddance. Brilliant player but needs fucking off.

Absolute shithouse he is and if anyone who comes out with the ''well you cant blame him for leaving'' statement is a shithouse as well.

That's my view on it.

He reminds me a lot of George Best in his character. Genius footballer, but way too much baggage and a ticking time bomb. We may lose a genius, but on the plus side( yes there is one), we can go out and sign a striker who can start the season on day one.

Maybe one of the reasons why Luis Suarez does want to leave is the fact, that if he leaves the premiership, his suspension is dead. The suspension is just in England, it's an FA suspension and not a UEFA suspension. Joey Barton moved to France to null and void his suspension. He can only serve it, if he moves back to an English club.

Guest San Don
He reminds me a lot of George Best in his character. Genius footballer, but way too much baggage and a ticking time bomb. We may lose a genius, but on the plus side( yes there is one), we can go out and sign a striker who can start the season on day one.

Maybe one of the reasons why Luis Suarez does want to leave is the fact, that if he leaves the premiership, his suspension is dead. The suspension is just in England, it's an FA suspension and not a UEFA suspension. Joey Barton moved to France to null and void his suspension. He can only serve it, if he moves back to an English club.

His suspension wont be dead. The suspension will be applied in the country he moves to and is part and parcel of the FA giving international clearance for the transfer to be completed.

And barton did have to complete his ban in france. The ban doesnt apply to UEFA club competitions though (and neither internationals hence why he can play for Uruguay in the Confederations Cup).

Would say he is certainly leaving now he has said about Madrid once again. As I have said in another post this is typical Madrid and how they operate.

Get the player to say how much he wants to go there. Then Madrid will say they wont pay the asking price for him. They will then sit back and play a waiting game with us. Then it s a case of us accepting a lower offer for him or we stand firm for the price we want.

The only problem doing this is dependant on how much they want him. If they arnt dependant on getting him , it can lead to a case of us letting him go for what they offer and then buying somebody close to the deadline or they will give us close to what we want near the end of the window. Once a player is known to want to go to a certain club and that club come in for them , The selling club nearly always sell the player as theres no point in keeping them if there set on another club.

His suspension wont be dead. The suspension will be applied in the country he moves to and is part and parcel of the FA giving international clearance for the transfer to be completed.

And barton did have to complete his ban in france. The ban doesnt apply to UEFA club competitions though (and neither internationals hence why he can play for Uruguay in the Confederations Cup).

When Luis Suarez left Ajax for Liverpool, he was in the middle of a 7 match ban for biting a player. The ban was null and void when he joined Liverpool in January 2011. If Luis Suarez moves to Spain, he's no longer suspended.

When Luis Suarez left Ajax for Liverpool, he was in the middle of a 7 match ban for biting a player. The ban was null and void when he joined Liverpool in January 2011. If Luis Suarez moves to Spain, he's no longer suspended.

Its been pretty much accepted I think the ban will carry over to other leagues. At least on most fan sites I've read like here and RAWK.

Now in saying that its only been posters saying it and I've never seen any confirmation from anywhere.

But I'm going on the assumption that so many people couldn't be wrong about it that it must have been confirmed somewhere.

Not to say that large elements of our fanbase can't be spectacularly wrong. It's happened. But I'd bet theres been some confirmation out there the ban is UEFA wide.

He played out his ban before he moved here. He missed seven league games and a cup game or however many games ban it was.His ban ended and he came here the day after.

His ban will be carried with him if he moves to another European team.

He is off to Madrid no doubt about it.

Good riddance. Brilliant player but needs fucking off.

Absolute shithouse he is and if anyone who comes out with the ''well you cant blame him for leaving'' statement is a shithouse as well.

That's my view on it.

Got to agree with that.

I think enough has been said by him, speculating about leaving, to know that his heart will not really be in it if he stays.

I would sell him.

For a lot.

It would be nice to put an end to it soon one way or another. Don't want it dragging on until the end of the summer.

Guest San Don

No he wasnt. He'd served the full ban which included domestic dutch league and cup games.

Its been pretty much accepted I think the ban will carry over to other leagues. At least on most fan sites I've read like here and RAWK.

Now in saying that its only been posters saying it and I've never seen any confirmation from anywhere.

But I'm going on the assumption that so many people couldn't be wrong about it that it must have been confirmed somewhere.

Not to say that large elements of our fanbase can't be spectacularly wrong. It's happened. But I'd bet theres been some confirmation out there the ban is UEFA wide.

Domestic bans carry over to new leagues. The bans dont apply to international games nor UEFA club competitions. This is why people think domestic bans dont carry forward to foreign leagues when a player transfers between different FA's.

if/when the move happens its down to the FA's discretion if the remainder of the ban is served, I think we all know the answer with that given the player in question!

The ban isnt down to the FA's discretion. It is part and parcel of granting international transfers between FA's.

The FA cant say ban Suarez but let so and so off. Barton was banned in France for domestic games despite some tool on here claiming he wasnt.

The ban isnt down to the FA's discretion. It is part and parcel of granting international transfers between FA's.

The FA cant say ban Suarez but let so and so off. Barton was banned in France for domestic games despite some tool on here claiming he wasnt.

From what I recall though the FA got to choose whether Barton's ban continued into the French league

Guest San Don
From what I recall though the FA got to choose whether Barton's ban continued into the French league

Nope. I think that was just caused by media confusion they created when they (the media) tried to suggest barton could 'avoid' a ban by being loaned out to other clubs like Fleetwood Town.

Once a ban is instigated, the FA doesnt have power to say it can lapse. This ban issue and any sanctions on a player are all bound up when 'international clearance' is given by a country's FA for the transfer to go ahead.

It would be nice to put an end to it soon one way or another. Don't want it dragging on until the end of the summer.

60 million minimum and it needs to be done at least a month before the window closes. I'd let Madrid or any other club know that right now. You ain't getting him cheap and we ain't waiting around, we are more than happy to hold him to his contract. So fuck you Madrid.

God if I hear another player go on about real or barca as 'magical' teams who everyone 'dreams of playing for ' I swear I'll get on a fucking train to Speke, Ryan air it over to Madrid, taxi it to the bernabau, not arsed if he rips me off, find their transfer strategist and media departments and torch the entire lot of the snidey cunts. The fire will be in the shape 'LFC '.

Do not fuck with us.

God if I hear another player go on about real or barca as 'magical' teams who everyone 'dreams of playing for ' I swear I'll get on a fucking train to Speke, Ryan air it over to Madrid, taxi it to the bernabau, not arsed if he rips me off, find their transfer strategist and media departments and torch the entire lot of the snidey cunts. The fire will be in the shape 'LFC '.

Do not fuck with us.

I agree players are unimaginative fucktards. Real and Barca have it easier than any other sides in world football they have perpetuated this myth and players keep fulfilling it. Be nice for just once just one top class player to say why the hell would I want to join real or Barca the factory line of hand picking players around the world like ornaments, I'd rather be a legend and help create a giant than be a cog in the mechanical dildo of Spanish football, Barca and real can go and arse to mouth each other. Why can't a player just say that once...ONCE.

[quote name=

Manager Brendan Rodgers' date=' whose only signing so far has been Kolo Toure, wants to add goals to his team and Liverpool expect to receive international clearance in the next 24 hours to complete the signing of Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas.

Liverpool are pretty much saying, ''put up or shut up''. It's not all cut and dried. Real Madrid won't put in a bid( that's if they decide to) until they have a new manager. [/quote]

What's this international clearance nonsense, he's an EU citizen ?

Someone should tell RM that Luis' price goes up £1 million for every day this drags on, oh' that's Ian Ayre, in which case the price goes down each day....

The Luis Suarez to Real Madrid thing is a mixture of Luis Suarez saying that if Real Madrid or Barcelona put in a bid for him, he expects Liverpool to consider it. Then you have the media spin. The media have changed this around to Luis Suarez wants to quit Liverpool. Guess why.......it sells newspapers.

These are the facts. There is a clear reason why Real Madrid haven't shown any interest in Luis Suarez...they don't have a manager as of yet. Who is to say that their new manager may not want Luis Suarez at Real Madrid? This is worth considering.

I do agree that Luis Suarez calling Real Madrid a ''magical club'' is putting Liverpool down. Liverpool are a magical club. They aren't exactly a no-mark club like Arsenal. We're talking about English footballs most decorated club with 41 major honours. We're talking about English footballs most successful in Europe. 11 trophies is something no-one is anywhere close to. Their nearest rivals Manchester United have 5.

The Luis Suarez to Real Madrid thing is a mixture of Luis Suarez saying that if Real Madrid or Barcelona put in a bid for him, he expects Liverpool to consider it. Then you have the media spin. The media have changed this around to Luis Suarez wants to quit Liverpool. Guess why.......it sells newspapers.

These are the facts. There is a clear reason why Real Madrid haven't shown any interest in Luis Suarez...they don't have a manager as of yet. Who is to say that their new manager may not want Luis Suarez at Real Madrid? This is worth considering.

I do agree that Luis Suarez calling Real Madrid a ''magical club'' is putting Liverpool down. Liverpool are a magical club. They aren't exactly a no-mark club like Arsenal. We're talking about English footballs most decorated club with 41 major honours. We're talking about English footballs most successful in Europe. 11 trophies is something no-one is anywhere close to. Their nearest rivals Manchester United have 5.

You truly are quite the spectacular spastic.

Congratulations!

Fucking fail you Manc twat.

1250499942_tree_branch_saw_fail.gif