You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Not the best but heres what i cooked tonight

Braised Pork, Sanfire and bacon Gnocci, Salted Pineapple Chrisps, Basil Courgette Puree Ginger beer Jus, With Roast Potatoes.

Flavours worked very well not the best looking thing though

526805_10201549359797684_1564051687_n.jpg

Did you mean samphire?

Despite his butter-related heresy over on the beans thread, I agree with Anny on this. To much going on there.

I'd say she's a right cunt alright. You ever meet her LF? She looks fit as fuck but her accent is annoying.

There is something annoying about her; it was the reason I stopped watching but I can't for the life of me remember what it is

I'd say she's a right cunt alright. You ever meet her LF? She looks fit as fuck but her accent is annoying.

There is something annoying about her; it was the reason I stopped watching but I can't for the life of me remember what it is

It is indeed her accent which is annoying. I don't know if it's the normal dialect for her part of Ireland (wherever that is) or whether she's had some elocution lessons, but it comes across as a little bit snooty. I can't think why else she would pronounced 'off' as 'orf', or over-emphasise the letter T in every single word. If you've got the patience or inclination, listen out for it - 'eat' becomes 'eatttttttt', 'fruit' becomes 'fruittttttt' etc. I've got a friend who was a bit of a Rachel Allen fan, but when I pointed out the above, she suddenly cannot stand Rachel Allen! She also smiles as if something fetid has been put under her nose.

It is indeed her accent which is annoying. I don't know if it's the normal dialect for her part of Ireland (wherever that is) or whether she's had some elocution lessons, but it comes across as a little bit snooty. I can't think why else she would pronounced 'off' as 'orf', or over-emphasise the letter T in every single word. If you've got the patience or inclination, listen out for it - 'eat' becomes 'eatttttttt', 'fruit' becomes 'fruittttttt' etc. I've got a friend who was a bit of a Rachel Allen fan, but when I pointed out the above, she suddenly cannot stand Rachel Allen!

Mate I'm Irish and I wouldnt be able to tell you where she comes from with that accent, it's that ridiculous sounding. I think you may have something there with elocution lessons.

Lady Dangerously just cooked two whole trout with lemon and parsley. It was the best fish I've ever tasted. It even compensated for the ball ache which is the deboning exercise.

Don't think I can eat none whole fish again now

Where did you get it? Ask them to fillet it for you. Even the supermarkets will do it if you're buying from their fish counters

Asda fish counter. Only £1.60 each and they were big.

I reckon the visualization of the whole fish tricked my brain into e enjoying it more. I wouldn't risk that sensation on asking Jonny Hair Net at Walton asda to fillet it for me

Well it would save you having to store fish guts in this heat until the next bin collection.

Did you read back that we'd got mackerel and cooked it on the barbie? They were fabulous and what a bargain at 5 quid a kilo!

Well it would save you having to store fish guts in this heat until the next bin collection.

Did you read back that we'd got mackerel and cooked it on the barbie? They were fabulous and what a bargain at 5 quid a kilo!

Mackerel was what we were going to get as they were a quid each but we saw the trout on special. I'll have a look back

I'm off to southern France in a week or so will be up to my eyes in fish soon

Mackerel was what we were going to get as they were a quid each but we saw the trout on special. I'll have a look back

I'm off to southern France in a week or so will be up to my eyes in fish soon

There's nothing much to see really. We discovered it as I had a hankering for sardines and Sainsbury's were out of them and I was recommended the mackerel. Superb they were with crusty bread and salad

How did you do them, whole or filleted? I reckon lemon and chilli would be a winner

The first time they were filleted and the second time, due to a mix up at the fish counter, Mr Champ did them whole (reckon he should have filleted them; they were quite bony). They were just cooked with some lemon juice and a drop of olive oil. The simpler the better for me