You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

How is going after another left back a needless signing? We have only got Enrique and a young Jack Robinson(who I don't think is quite ready) vying for those positions. We need better competition then that.

Johnson can easily play left back and Kelly right back.

Wait for the Spurs late bit for him too, the stupid fucking twats.

Anyway, maybe this is just my first "experience" with the rumour mill this season and it's just a normal day. Sorry if so.

It seems to be worse this summer (maybe I'm just taking more notice than usual) with a high proportion of bullshit sites. Unless it comes from Pearce, Barrett, or dennis tooth, I would take it with a pinch of salt. And, even then, who knows.

Unless Eriksen's changed the shape of his head, or dyed his hair black, that's just Ayre chatting shit to somebody.

I bet Ayre thinks it's him, he's clearly asking him to sign something. The kid is probably saying something like "Back off you creepy fucker." Whilst sticking the V's up with his right hand.

It seems to be worse this summer (maybe I'm just taking more notice than usual) with a high proportion of bullshit sites. Unless it comes from Pearce, Barrett, or dennis tooth, I would take it with a pinch of salt. And, even then, who knows.

Am surprised dennis's head hasn't exploded yet to be honest, it's making me laugh reading some of his posts, but I don't think Rodgers deserves so much stick. As for worse, not sure, I stopped checking sites daily in the window a couple of seasons back as it was just pure insanity.

Eh?

We got millions of left backs, Johnson does an ace job there,

If we bring Cissokho in I'll be thrilled as I think he's one of the best around,

I still think we could do with another striker

Its a massive, glaring ommission.

Some huge contradictions there. How can you be happy that johnson "does a job" and then not be unhappy if we dont get cissoko as he is "one of the best around" in your words?

Surely if he is "one of the best" why should we be happy with a guy who just does a job there?

Also the final bit in bold, how can this be a glaring ommision?! If the season hasnt started yet, the transfer window hasnt closed yet, we dont know who we are chasing yet and the club hasnt said we arent signing anymore players yet?

In a nutshell you are talking a whole load of shit

Not yet

Now

Cissokho one of the best around? Fucking hell. Just no.

Used to be one of the most hyped around. But the massive drop in his market value since he joined Lyon, and then moved on to Valencia and possibly beyond, suggests that he hasn't lived up to it...

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Used to be one of the most hyped around. But the massive drop in his market value since he joined Lyon, and then moved on to Valencia and possibly beyond, suggests that he hasn't lived up to it...

He's really good at attacking about 50.34% of the times, and bad at defending about 78.44% of the time. The rest is just... meh. I think he'd be decent enough to play for us against shit teams, just to blast through the crap teams. He's nowhere near the best players around. I know it's all subjective, but... no.

I maintain he is and welcome the opportunity for him to showcase it.

Im aware the transfer window hasnt closed yet, its odd when it came to the transfer window no one had made a move for Reina, this is proof that no one would have come in for him yet the fact that it hasnt closed yet is put forward when it comes to us making a move for out targets? Its the same mongs yet different logic. Very odd.

He's really good at attacking about 50.34% of the times, and bad at defending about 78.44% of the time. The rest is just... meh. I think he'd be decent enough to play for us against shit teams, just to blast through the crap teams. He's nowhere near the best players around. I know it's all subjective, but... no.

Mate, he is brilliant at both. But yeah subjectivity and all that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Mate, he is brilliant at both. But yeah subjectivity and all that.

He's a brilliant defender? Dennis. No. Just no. It's a no from me.

He has all the credentials for us - cheap - shite - and not worth a carrot - get him signed quick.

He's a brilliant defender? Dennis. No. Just no. It's a no from me.

I think its like the people who say Glenn Johnson is a shit at defending or Ashley Cole, Roberto Carlos or Cafu, they arent. It seems any full back who is willing to cross the halfway line automatically becomes a shit defender.

The fact that AC Milan were after him a few seasons ago should tell you he may not be a shit defender.

He can play as a left mid as well, he is shit quick strong as an ox and I can tell you Ive watched him very closely, albeit at Lyon/Porto before he went to Valencia and mostly in the champions league where he proved himself as one of the best and having won it, and at that time for Lyon featured regularly in it in the latter stages for two teams who were very good defensively should aid the doubts which should be plaguing your mind about it.

Perhaps he has lost his way somewhat, he is only 25 and a much better signing that Bertrand and value for money.

Surely this can only be decided retrospectively. If Aspas bangs in 25 goals, Toure is a rock at the back and Mignolet excels in goal, it will have been an ace window.

Considering he has played one season in La Liga where he scored 12 goals, we'd need to turbocharge him with some innovative medicine to get anywhere near the figure you have just suggested.

I'll play it safe and say that I'll be genuinely happy with him as a signing if he scores more than 7 goals in the Premier League for us next season. More than 12 (in the Premier League only) and I'll be delighted.

Eh?

We got millions of left backs, Enrique isnt injured that often, Johnson does an ace job there, Kelly and Wisdom can cover the right back slot if that needs changing, Robinson and who's the other dude, flanagan, then Mcloughlin coming through. Although Im not a big fan Downing was used there and Rodgers said he thought he was ace, in not so many words.

Not one of those players barring Enrique or Robinson are left-footed fullbacks ie Left backs. So I don't know where you getting this 'we've got millions of them' from.

The players you have mentioned can do a job there if needed be BUT it's not their natural position and for me that's not good enough if you want to compete at the top end of the table. We have two PROPER left backs and one is only a boy, so we need more competition then that for Enrique be it from Cissokho or somebody else imo.

Johnson can easily play left back and Kelly right back.

Yes, yes he can fill in there but it isn't ideal. It's better to have naturally left footed players playing at left back. And we don't have many of them so we need competition.

I think its like the people who say Glenn Johnson is a shit at defending or Ashley Cole, Roberto Carlos or Cafu, they arent. It seems any full back who is willing to cross the halfway line automatically becomes a shit defender.

The fact that AC Milan were after him a few seasons ago should tell you he may not be a shit defender.

He can play as a left mid as well, he is shit quick strong as an ox and I can tell you Ive watched him very closely, albeit at Lyon/Porto before he went to Valencia and mostly in the champions league where he proved himself as one of the best and having won it, and at that time for Lyon featured regularly in it in the latter stages for two teams who were very good defensively should aid the doubts which should be plaguing your mind about it.

Perhaps he has lost his way somewhat, he is only 25 and a much better signing that Bertrand and value for money.

Defending has never been his strong point. He was more of a wing back at Porto.

Oh and you can't of watched him that much because he wasn't even part of the Porto squad when they won the CL. He only joined Porto in 2009.