You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

It wasn't long at all.

You're only as good as your last season Im afraid, if we had a solid top manager we might have been in with a chance, if he'd be willing to do so. We dont however and it's hard to convince any top player worth their salt, from the top to the bottom we are unproven, with Ian Ayres as the meat in that shit sandwich.

I do think we have a chance of signing Mata as the key difference is he is not promised to play week in week out and the WC is coming up.

Could only see him agreeing to a loan deal with us so he's got a quick get out if it all goes tits up (Dunno why thats a derogatory term I quite like tits) and doesnt have to pack his bags.

It will most likely be by default, since we arent likely to smack a bid in for him and available on loan you'd have thought a fair few foreign teams would be in for him, that said its deffo worth a shot. Jose wont let him go anywhere else in our league it seems so we should be taking advantage. By all means go in for Turan but we cant afford him and he wouldnt come and the deluded fools wont change it.

Mata price is 27m.

If ever there was a post that called for the avatar of the yellow thing rolling around laughing, it's this one.

In the current market, where Rooney (on a 200k/week salary, no less) is rumoured to be valued at £35 million, and where Higuain/Di Maria are going for over £30 million, there is zero chance that Mata would go for less than £35 or 40 million.

Spurs, for one, would LOVE to splash some of the Bale money on him. I'm sure Arsenal would be chomping at the bit to actually have a chance to sign one of the league's top 3 players. There would be an absolute feeding frenzy if he were really available for anywhere near that price.

If ever there was a post that called for the avatar of the yellow thing rolling around laughing' date=' it's this one.

In the current market, where Rooney (on a 200k/week salary, no less) is rumoured to be valued at £35 million, and where Higuain/Di Maria are going for over £30 million, there is zero chance that Mata would go for less than £35 or 40 million.

Spurs, for one, would LOVE to splash some of the Bale money on him. I'm sure Arsenal would be chomping at the bit to actually have a chance to sign one of the league's top 3 players. There would be an absolute feeding frenzy if he were really available for anywhere near that price.[/quote']

It's Mathew.

If ever there was a post that called for the avatar of the yellow thing rolling around laughing, it's this one.

Spurs, for one, would LOVE to splash some of the Bale money on him. I'm sure Arsenal would be chomping at the bit to actually have a chance to sign one of the league's top 3 players. There would be an absolute feeding frenzy if he were really available for anywhere near that price.

I agree £27m would be cheap for that type of player, but despite what he's said in press conferences and interviews, Mourinho certainly seem to prefer other players, which is bound to affect his value on the market.

I'd also agree there should be a lot of clubs lining up for him if he was available. But from Chelsea's perspective i do think they would be reluctant to strengthen a rival for top four, and certainly so a title rival. if he is shipped, my guess is it's going to be to a team abroad. However if by some miracle they should sell to a league rival id think they would prefer to sell ut us simply because we are further away from challanging them than the other teams. I know It's not gonna happen but i can dream.

It would be nice from FSG's part to make such a gesture, even if he's coming on loan. Say, "Listen Liverpool fans and Brendan Rodgers, we are cunts but here is Juan Mata to help us challenge for Top 4". But it won't happen.

Today they've loaned out Assaidi. I'd expect one loan coming in. One in, one out. Nothing changes. meh

Do you think that Everton would accept a £20m bid for Ross Barkley. From us.

It would enable them to perhaps keep Fellani and Baines' date=' so they might see it that way.

Sorry, but everytime I see the lad now I just think he's fucking marvellous.[/quote']

Someone on here the other day said he has a £10m release clause.