You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What next?

jsims

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah im sorry i should have said "lets get pep gaurdiola"

And im the moron?

lol

Wtf?!

indeed lol wtf? Kenny is dismissed and you tell your little friend, hey you know, fuck off with Capello, Rafa, Van Gaal, Villas Boas talk who are all free and available, we should spend 7m and sign a great manager like Brendan Rodgers. Are you Ian Ayre and is your little firend John Henry?

indeed lol wtf? Kenny is dismissed and you tell your little friend, hey you know, fuck off with Capello, Rafa, Van Gaal, Villas Boas talk who are all free and available, we should spend 7m and sign a great manager like Brendan Rodgers. Are you Ian Ayre and is your little firend John Henry?

AVB would have lasted 5 minutes if he replaced Kenny. He would have needed two or three years and our loyal fan base would have ousted him by Chrimbo. Not a fan of Capello or Van Gaal.

I would have had Rafa back.

How's about Carra mentored by the soon to be available Rafa?!

AVB would have lasted 5 minutes if he replaced Kenny. He would have needed two or three years and our loyal fan base would have ousted him by Chrimbo. Not a fan of Capello or Van Gaal.

I would have had Rafa back.

How's about Carra mentored by the soon to be available Rafa?!

AVB would have lasted 5 minutes? in what evidence do you base this prediction? He's doing absolutely fine with Spurs, he has managed to improve Bale and the team's overall defending. They look favourites for a Top 4 finish and they are in a good positional at the Europa League.

If FSG wanted so obsessively a young, hungry manager, then AVB would be the rational choice. He won domestic and European trophies, he has experience in managing a big club. He even had a failure in his CV, which is a very important attribute for American investors and employers. They always opt to cpllaborate with people who have experienced substantial success as well as failure. He was also available to join for free without paying compensation to any other club. My first choice would have been Van Gaal, a choice which would also allign with FSG's infamous strategy of talent nurturing.

Vilas boas was a risk, he had messed up at Chelsea big time

Capello was not available and wanted out of England

Van Gaal maybe, but he is a dinosaur and a crazy dictator who has old views on a modern game.

Rafa, well he really messed up in that last season and he played a games with team selection and our squad.....that pissed me off. Then he turned Inter to shite pretty fast and isnt doing so great with the really good sqaud Chelsea have.

I was realistic in who we could get, it was Martinez or Rodgers or another youngish manager.

You seem to think i should have been aiming for Pep Gaurdiola....that is so laughable, i think you need to get your head out of your own arse mate

Some people just have no clue about where Liverpool are as a club right now.

AVB would have lasted 5 minutes? in what evidence do you base this prediction?

Because he lasted 5 minutes at Chelsea?!

He's doing absolutely fine with Spurs, he has managed to improve Bale and the team's overall defending. They look favourites for a Top 4 finish and they are in a good positional at the Europa League.

With a much better and deeper squad than ours?

My first choice would have been Van Gaal, a choice which would also allign with FSG's infamous strategy of talent nurturing.

Why not pep?

Vilas boas was a risk, he had messed up at Chelsea big time

Capello was not available and wanted out of England

Van Gaal maybe, but he is a dinosaur and a crazy dictator who has old views on a modern game.

Rafa, well he really messed up in that last season and he played a games with team selection and our squad.....that pissed me off. Then he turned Inter to shite pretty fast and isnt doing so great with the really good sqaud Chelsea have.

I was realistic in who we could get, it was Martinez or Rodgers or another youngish manager.

Villas Boas was a risk, but Rodgers or Martinez weren't risky options? Van Gaal is a dinosaur, although he is younger than Wenger, Ferguson, Redknapp?

You seem to fabricate silly arguments to exclude the available option there were last summer in order to support your naive perspective.

That's right then. It was Martinez, who is sitting now 19th in the league with the worst defense, or Rodgers with one year experience in the league.

You seem to fabricate silly arguments to exclude the available option there were last summer in order to support your naive perspective.

That's right then. It was Martinez, who is sitting now 19th in the league with the worst defense, or Rodgers with one year experience in the league.

Maybe i was wrong in wanting Rodgers, but that was my opinion at the time. I liked the way swansea play and i still do. They ran rings around Liverpool and many other clubs.

For me the bigger picture was getting liverpool close to playing that style as i think that if we can get there, we will be able to win this league.

Martinez is shit and im glad we didnt get him.

But calling me a moron for not wanting pep gaurdiola or vilas boas is just stupid and rude......and for that you can fuck off

Tired of all this "Liverpool fans are shit these days" bollocks. When was the last time a Liverpool manager got booed at the game, or banners appeared calling for their head. There's managers out there getting death threats or being bombarded with hate mail. Steve Kean probably still sleeps with a rounders bat by his bead. This is an internet message board, it's a pretty restrained one too, I've seen many a poster get well deserved shit for makng the criticism of a manager too personal or calling him names.

Saying "get behind him ffs" just after we've seen yet another shit defeat (a) doesn't make you a better liverpool fan than everybody else and (b) won't actually alter the future.

Tired of all this "Liverpool fans are shit these days" bollocks. When was the last time a Liverpool manager got booed at the game, or banners appeared calling for their head. There's managers out there getting death threats or being bombarded with hate mail. Steve Kean probably still sleeps with a rounders bat by his bead. This is an internet message board, it's a pretty restrained one too, I've seen many a poster get well deserved shit for makng the criticism of a manager too personal or calling him names.

Saying "get behind him ffs" just after we've seen yet another shit defeat (a) doesn't make you a better liverpool fan than everybody else and (b) won't actually alter the future.

Agree with every word, this isn't the day after he was hired.

The worst league run in modern times, disastrous bloated forays into the transfer market, clumsy handling of the Suarez affair, a failure to beat an average championship side in opene play over 120 mins in the league Cup final, a thousand yard stare in those 2012 league press conferences and our failure to qualify for the EL by league position is hardly galvanising.

Kenny is a playing , managerial and LFC hero who exceeded all expectations when he replaced Roy, but his judgement in seeking the permanent appointment was flawed.

Oldham anybody?

Ooooh yeah.

Here's a forecast for you - if we draw or lose against Swansea, and fail to turn over the 2-0 deficit in the Europa, Rodgers will be sacked.

They'll move quickly right then, right there.

If they don't sack him then, he'll be here next season.

Here's a forecast for you - if we draw or lose against Swansea, and fail to turn over the 2-0 deficit in the Europa, Rodgers will be sacked.

They'll move quickly right then, right there.

If they don't sack him then, he'll be here next season.

Nah not much point sacking him now, he'll stay in post until the end of the season but his goose will be cooked.

Tired of all this "Liverpool fans are shit these days" bollocks. When was the last time a Liverpool manager got booed at the game' date=' or banners appeared calling for their head. There's managers out there getting death threats or being bombarded with hate mail. Steve Kean probably still sleeps with a rounders bat by his bead. This is an internet message board, it's a pretty restrained one too, I've seen many a poster get well deserved shit for makng the criticism of a manager too personal or calling him names.

Saying "get behind him ffs" just after we've seen yet another shit defeat (a) doesn't make you a better liverpool fan than everybody else and (b) won't actually alter the future.[/quote']

Totally agree

If they sack him they are even more stupid than i thought

It will give the fans even more rope to hang them with and it will turn even more fans against them after the whole kenny thing.

I do think some fans need to see the bigger picture sometimes though. We cant just go on being a good cup team, we've been that for the past 20 odd years anyway.

So i dont give a fuck if we are out of the cups tbh. Some of the performances and manner of the defeats are more worrying.

But i do see what he is trying to do, and some of the shit players we have arent capable of doing it, thats not his all his fault.

Like i said he deserves another season to turn it around, bring in better players and perhaps axe a few more (including 1 or 2 of his own signings).

It wouldn’t surprise me if Rodgers saw out his contract although FSG may get to impose a DoF on him sometime between now and 2015 if results don’t improve. In fact this transfer committee may already be playing a sort of DoF role anyway, controlling his choice of player in the transfer market. Judging by Borini and Allen’s performances this season that is no bad thing.

For me the main thing that has to change is the collective mentality of the first team squad - as a group they just don’t want to win badly enough. It’s nothing new, in the last 20 years probably only the 2001 and 2009 teams had anything approaching the right mindset to succeed. To me it says it all that Rodgers had to goad Downing and Enrique through the press before either of them could be bothered to pull their fingers out. It shouldn’t take a public humiliation to persuade a Liverpool player to produce his best.

They aren’t the only ones, Agger and Skrtel, made for life with newly signed 4 year deals in their back pockets, have been poor this season and have both been in and out all the time they’ve been at the club. Reina was talking about having a contract until 2016 in a recent interview - shorthand for “I’m owed that money and I’m not going anywhere for less” as far as I’m concerned. Johnson too, brilliant one minute, appalling the next.Why pay Champion’s League wages to players that don’t turn in top 4 standard performances week in week out? I wouldn’t care if the lot of them were moved on. Oddly enough, lesser players might actually serve the club better if they produce their best more often.

To be fair Rodgers isn't the only manager who's struggling to motivate millionaires. Even now, after all this time, it seems to be only Ferguson who can do it with any regularity.

For me though I think he's always managed to do it by proxy. He's always selected and groomed top class professionals and littered them throughout the squad, so their desire has motivated the players - some of them inferior - around them.

People like Giggs, Scholes, G Neville etc have been groomed from an early age to think of themselves as winners and taught to fear wasting their talent, because afterall, what's the point of being a top class player if you've got nothing to show for it at the end of your career?

I feel we had that with people like Carragher and Gerrard (and even Owen) but we also managed to buy it too with the likes of Hyppia and Hamann.

You need solid pros and winners in the side, I don't think you can do it from the touchline alone.

You're talking about a set of fans that booed their team and manager whilst going top of the league and I agree with you about this being a restrained board although the ART will have you believe that their feelings on Rafa were echoed all around Anfield.

Liverpool fans are the same as any other really (might upset a few), and the behaviour / expectation of fans has changed a lot in the last 20 years.

It doesn't matter who you support, we've become as temperamental as the players, and throw our toys out of the pram just as readily.

Even United fans were question Ferguson last season after their poor European performance.

City have won nothing for donkeys years, finally manage to win 2 trophies and now the manager's not quite good enough.

Arsenal seem to think Wengers lost the plot.

Chelsea is literally Russian Roulette

Once upon a time, we'd applaud the grafters on the pitch, but now we criticise their lack of ability.

When we get the nimble skillful players we bemoan their lack of graft and physical presence.

When we get an older manager in... it's a young man's game now.

When we get a younger manager in... his inexperience costs points.

When we get a foreigner manager in... we call for a club legend to come back

When we get a club legend in... we claim emotionally led appointments are a bad idea

Fans are more fickle than ever, no matter who we support.

We've got a generate of mard arses who can't handle losing. That's the long and short of it.