You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

We don't actually play that great. I don't see it, I seen equally as nice football under Kenny quite a few times, it stemmed from our better players like Johnson, gerrard and Suarez doing what they are capable of. What does Rodgers say go out pass the ball around and that's it because it looks like there's no structure through the side. The only thing I think can save him and us is him getting it perfect transfer wise in the summer. I think his football vision is niave. A little fantasy with no idea how to really implement it.

I agree with that. People make out we're turning into Barcelona and the players just need to learn to play that way while not shipping goals. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers secretly looks down on the kind of style brought in by people like Houllier and Rafa, even though it stopped us getting continually bummed.

Trying to play attacking football is good, it's to be applauded, but you need the players to be good enough to pull it off and you still need to be able to vary your tactics. That's the difference between Ferguson's mancs and Keegan's newcastle. The mancs have always tried to batter sides that were there for the taking, but they play it cagey when they need to (Ferguson's steep Champions League learning curve) whereas with Keegan it was like 'bollocks to defending, just go out there and give the fans their money's worth', works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, we've seen recently Rodgers trying to shut up shop when we've lost a two goal lead against superior opponents, wheras Rafa and Houllier would have done it after we went one nil up. It's baffling.

Slightly off-topic but I mentioned that Roma sacked another manager and apparently they offered it to our old friend Manuel Pelligrini, his agent said he will listen to offers in the summer. Seems like Chelsea are eying him up also.

There is some incestuous relationship with FSG and Roma (DiBenedetto) and so far we have had Doni and Borini, friendly etc. Anyway it got me thinking if any of our "football advisors" were at Roma ie Baldini, anyway they started off with the Barca story, young former B coach then went to Zemen their experienced former manager and after he failed to improve them sacked him when 7th.

“Less than 15 days ago we had an offer from Roma, but we declined outright,” agent Jesus Martinez told El Mercurio.

“We said no because we are midway through the season. Chelsea and other clubs have asked, but nothing else official has been said. Manuel would love to manage in the Premier League, but he'd also like to go to Germany, Italy and other championships.

“There is plenty of time to analyse where he will be next season.”

You would think if we are looking for a manager in the summer a man who took Villareal on a modest budget to the semifinals in the c/l and finished second in Laliga and is happy to be a coach rather than a manager would appeal to FSG, just need too change his birth-date...

Rodgers is a fucking wank bumnut who is a mediocre joke more pointless than a broken pencil he is crepey like a haunted french pancake tryna catch fog but he mist. We can sit back and watch him fail sociology with lousy marx or we can build him a boat and set him off at the albert docks telling him we are at war with cameroon and he is to lead the battle and fill his ship with a male and female of every kind of animal on the earth. If he was a hermaphrodite thered still only be half of him. The man will never win anything of note and a total waste of time, he doesnt know wat to do with gerrard, put gerrard and carra in charge lets fuck these fucking yank bellwiffs off. I cudda got legless but no i had to sit here and break bad news to all the assclowns waking up to squirt water out the fake flowery sphincters and put their assclown assmake up on upside down with their hed between their legs ass backwards in the mirror. It's aint happenin boys, not under this nobjockey warm brew clasped staring into the distance wackjizz wannabe ordering two pairs of pilko pumppant in a moment of clarity and not under these rebadging warrior toting brand maximisation stream pr felchers at the top cant find their footballing sphincter with both hands getting lost with everyone in the janitors closet in a brewery eileen drewery chewbacca chewy stetson muthafuckaz and overdosing on domestos violence if only they could master the child tamper proof lid an then making a documentry about it. Its a clusterfuck, hes shit, he cant put any kind of winning run together or pay attention to setting the team up to win and while hes more respectful, he talks more shit than Hodgson ever did, hooray Brendan Hodgers! Sick of all these rodger dodger old codger young codger coffin dodgers bodging badger in the transfer window shafter putting us back like craftmatic rafts adrift bereft craftless imagine marvin hagglers baggin drafters for wanky shafty shysters phoney baloney frank maloney james toney cunts. Slideshow sideshow with laser pen.

Wake up.

At last, a sensible post.

This thread is really shit.

Our fans are just as bad as all the other problems we have at the club.

Oh get real. Do you honestly think this has never gone on in pubs, homes and offices after the match? The internet is just a forum that allows it to reach a wider audience.

Rodgers is a fucking wank bumnut who is a mediocre joke more pointless than a broken pencil he is crepey like a haunted french pancake tryna catch fog but he mist. We can sit back and watch him fail sociology with lousy marx or we can build him a boat and set him off at the albert docks telling him we are at war with cameroon and he is to lead the battle and fill his ship with a male and female of every kind of animal on the earth. If he was a hermaphrodite thered still only be half of him. The man will never win anything of note and a total waste of time, he doesnt know wat to do with gerrard, put gerrard and carra in charge lets fuck these fucking yank bellwiffs off. I cudda got legless but no i had to sit here and break bad news to all the assclowns waking up to squirt water out the fake flowery sphincters and put their assclown assmake up on upside down with their hed between their legs ass backwards in the mirror. It's aint happenin boys, not under this nobjockey warm brew clasped staring into the distance wackjizz wannabe ordering two pairs of pilko pumppant in a moment of clarity and not under these rebadging warrior toting brand maximisation stream pr felchers at the top cant find their footballing sphincter with both hands getting lost with everyone in the janitors closet in a brewery eileen drewery chewbacca chewy stetson muthafuckaz and overdosing on domestos violence if only they could master the child tamper proof lid an then making a documentry about it. Its a clusterfuck, hes shit, he cant put any kind of winning run together or pay attention to setting the team up to win and while hes more respectful, he talks more shit than Hodgson ever did, hooray Brendan Hodgers! Sick of all these rodger dodger old codger young codger coffin dodgers bodging badger in the transfer window shafter putting us back like craftmatic rafts adrift bereft craftless imagine marvin hagglers baggin drafters for wanky shafty shysters phoney baloney frank maloney james toney cunts. Slideshow sideshow with laser pen.

Wake up.

Bloody genius.

Wake up.

Are you Bob Dylan ?..................

Also, we've seen recently Rodgers trying to shut up shop when we've lost a two goal lead against superior opponents, wheras Rafa and Houllier would have done it after we went one nil up. It's baffling.

That was the twentieth time we have conceded two or more goals in a game this season.

Such form precludes cup progress and will mean we have our work cut out to secure an EL qualifying league finish.

I think every midfielder on our books is average at best, except Gerrard whose form is poor/average.

Have to agree with this and I think this is our main problem ! I think if we are to get back to the top 4 we need to replace at least two of these midfielders with Hendo and Lucas as back up! A good box to box midfielder and a midfield destroyer a lot of our losses lately are coming from having a shit midfield!