You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Guest Pistonbroke

It did put CL at risk.  We're a better team with him in it and the tie was still in the balance when Hoffenheim arrived at Anfield.

If you think it's okay for him to strike for a month I'm fine with that.  Personally, I think it's a cunt's trick. 

Your proof that he was actually striking? 

Why? 

Because you know well as I do that there is no proof.

Look, if you want to believe that he had a bad back for a month and then returned to action with no drop off in form at all like a player normally has when returning from injury, like Coutinho himself on some occasions, that's fine.

I'm allowed to reasonably infer that he was faking it.

Ballbag reporting:

"About Coutinho. Barcelona will soon make an offer of €110+40. Chairman Bartomeu feels in debt to him for how hard he's trying to go to FCB. Their top players want him. LFC have changed their tone but have not put price to him. They will act when offer arrives. Which it will."

The annoying part of that whole Nike fiasco is that if New Balance had Van Dijk on their website last summer, or we had one of our players in the media joking about finding him a house in Formby we'd be balls deep in a lengthy transfer ban right now.

Guest Pistonbroke

Because you know well as I do that there is no proof.

Look, if you want to believe that he had a bad back for a month and then returned to action with no drop off in form at all like a player normally has when returning from injury, like Coutinho himself on some occasions, that's fine.

I'm allowed to reasonably infer that he was faking it.

But you are using it as if there was proof, when it is just fans speculation and opinions. Suit your agenda? Opinions are fine because we all have them, but using them to make up excuses why you think XYZ is a cunt without any proof, shake your head lad. 

But you are using it as if there was proof, when it is just fans speculation and opinions. Suit your agenda? Opinions are fine because we all have them, but using them to make up excuses why you think XYZ is a cunt without any proof, shake your head lad. 

No I'm not.  I'm making an inference, like I just stated.  Is that okay? 

Guest Pistonbroke

No I'm not.  I'm making an inference, like I just stated.  Is that okay? 

No, because you are just squirming like a worm on a hook now. You were clearly using it as if it were fact, why would you ask if I was fine with him striking for a Month etc?

In fact, treat that as rhetorical, i can't be arsed with getting into an argument, I've said what I wanted to say. 

No, because you are just squirming like a worm on a hook now. You were clearly using it as if it were fact, why would you ask if I was fine with him striking for a Month etc?

In fact, treat that as rhetorical, i can't be arsed with getting into an argument, I've said what I wanted to say. 

I'm not using it as fact.  You appear to have comprehension problems.  I've stated several times that it's an assumption and not proof, because there isn't any.  Are you drunk?

Are there people here that really believe he was injured at the start of the season ?

I reckon he was faking it in the summer, but it's too early to say if he's faking it now seeing as we're only on the second day of the month and he's missed a grand total of one game. He always misses a couple in January so I don't think this year is any different.

If he's not back by the time we play city then he's deffo faking it and I'll go and buy a Coutinho shirt just so I can burn it and post the video on Facebook, that'll teach him.

I reckon he was faking it in the summer, but it's too early to say if he's faking it now seeing as we're only on the second day of the month and he's missed a grand total of one game. He always misses a couple in January so I don't think this year is any different.

If he's not back by the time we play city then he's deffo faking it and I'll go and buy a Coutinho shirt just so I can burn it and post the video on Facebook, that'll teach him.

This is much more like it. 

Phony Phil, I'm calling him.

Maybe he's just a high profile player with a turbo cunt of an agent.

Most of these players haven't got a fucking clue what's going on. They just have someone a bit more intelligent than them with all the scruples of a Tory cabinet member whispering sweet nothings in their ear every day.

I have no doubt he'd like to play for Barcelona, but the idea that he is masterminding all these transfer shenanigans is a little fanciful.

You're deluded if you don't think players pull tactics to get what they want. Agents work for players not the other way around.