You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man of the match - Game 35 - Manchester United - Away - PL

Morse

Sturridge

Gerrard

Suarez

Think Reina also did well and Wisdom improved as the game went on.

Quite a few also confirmed that they don't possess the quality to play for a top team. These were mainly:

Downing

Sterling (on current form and at this stage. fantastic talent still)

Lucas (on current form, needs time to get back at his best)

Allen (on current form, needs some rest. how good he is/will be remains to be seen)

Skrtel (Sorry I'm just not a big fan. overrated imo)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VladimirIlyich View Post

Johnson

Skrtel

Sturridge

I realise Johnson was'nt great defensively at times,he never is for me anyway but at least he was positive in the first half when the rest of the team werent.

You can't have Johnson as our best player. He was at fault for the second goal for starters!

He has to stop costing us goals!

You can't have Johnson as our best player. He was at fault for the second goal for starters!

He has to stop costing us goals!

How so?

I would blame them all for that.

All defenders are costing us goals at present and under your criteria Widom or Agger couldnt be mom because they both contributed to conceding the first goal.

On reflection only Sturridge could be mom as the first half performances discounted them all.

1. Agger

2. Wisdom

3. Gerrard

Honurable mentions to Reina for some excellent saves and to Sturridge whos introduction changed the dynamic of the game and showed us how much we have needed a poacher- the goal we scored would never have been out in prior to his arrival.

• 4 weeks later...

Result: Game 35 - Man Utd - Away - PL.

1. Sturridge............................318 votes.................................5 points

2. Skrtel..................................173 votes.................................3 points

3. Gerrard...............................149 votes.................................1 point.

No clean sheet bonus.

More points for Daniel.

YNWA had Sturridge, Skrtel and Reina.

ST had Gerrard, Skrtel and Sturridge.

Est1892 had Sturridge, Skrtel and Suarez.

6CM had Sturridge, Reina and Suarez.

TLW had Sturridge, Gerrard and Reina.

IK had Sturridge, Gerrard and Skrtel.

Current table:

1. Suarez.......................8 MOM........3 2nd.......2 3rd...........51

2. Enrique......................3 MOM........3 2nd........1 3rd...........25

3. Sterling......................3 MOM.......3 2nd........1 3rd...........25

4. Johnson.....................2 MOM.......4 2nd.........1 3rd...........23

5. Allen..........................3 MOM.......1 2nd........4 3rd...........22

6. Gerrard......................1 MOM.......4 2nd.........3 3rd...........20

7. Shelvey.....................1 MOM.......3 2nd.........3 3rd...........17

8. Skrtel.........................1 MOM.......3 2nd..........2 3rd..........16

9. Jones........................2 MOM........2 3rd.........3 CS..........13.5

10.Agger........................1 MOM........1 2nd........4 3rd............12

11.Reina........................1 MOM........2 3rd.........10 CS...........12

12.Downing.....................2 MOM.......1 3rd.............................11

13.Lucas........................1 MOM........1 2nd.......1 3rd.............9

14.Henderson.................2 2nd.........2 3rd.............................8

15.Sturridge....................1 MOM........1 2nd.........................8

16.Assaidi......................1 MOM.........1 2nd..........................8

17.Şahin........................1 MOM........1 2nd............................8

18.Wisdom......................2 2nd..........1 3rd..........................7

19.Suso..........................1 MOM.......2 3rd............................7

20.Coates.......................1 MOM........1 3rd...........................6

21.Cole...........................1 MOM...........................................5

22.Flanagan....................1 2nd............................................3

23.Carragher..................1 2nd............................................3

24.Robinson....................1 3rd............................................1

25.Adam.........................1 3rd.............................................1

Thanks.

Interesting that Skrtel was honoured as 2nd best in that game and is dropped by Rodgers in the next game against Norwich (before he poor performance at Oldham).

By the way Martin has won Slovak Player of the year 2012 award on Monday, for the 4th time as the first player ever.

Afterwards asked abou his current position in the team he said this, bit interesting:

Competition in Liverpool is really strong and only 11 players can play in starting eleven. I respect the decision of our manager Rodgers, after all that’s the only thing I can do, but I’m not happy with that. I say this openly. But I’ve got to use to this position. Every new manager has his own ideas about ideal team and so far I’m not part of it. Anyway I’ll do my best to succeed and try to change this situation.

It’s same in football or real life. There may be times in both aspects when you’re down and things don’t go the way you want them to go, but everyone should fight for the place under the sun. Not to give up. To get up off your knees and fight again for your chance. Only those who can do this will succeed.

I’ve come through different times, times when I was doing really good but also times when I was down, injured or sick. But I’ve always tried to get back into good shape. Maybe that’s the reason I played every minute of football last year. Without courage, fight, and will to do something, I wouldn’t be able to do that.