You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Getting a sixpack

Tossed and blown

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 6'3" I'm aiming at 13 stone. I'll be seriously fucking thin then. The plan after that is to up the food intake a little as I do more exercises. Made up with how it's going in just a couple of months though.

What is this Scooby plan for pullups?

The Scooby plan is plenty of snacks.

Cheers, going through the 'Convict Conditioning' series now, but will add in some of these as a variation. Are these full pullups, ie from extended elbow up to chin on bar, or half pullups where the elbows stay flexed? Full one-arm pullups is the ultimate goal, I reckon it'll take nine months from now.

Currently doing Insanity to get ripped for summer. Here's my diet:

Brekkie: 2 wholemeal bread and wholegrain peanut butter, 1x apple

Lunch: Chicken Breast and green beans, 2x tangerines

Tea: Salmon/chicken, Jacket spud, Green Beans

Supper: Greek Yoghurt and Mixed Berries or Chopped Apple.

It's not perfect I know but far better than I was eating and hopefully It'll help get me to 10% BF in about 2 months. Currently about 14-15% BF.

those insanity workouts look good. You can torrent them all if you need to. Just as a guide pro footballers, athletes will work with 4 to 5% BF, 10% will be a hell of an achievement

Just started deadlifting and squating. Taking it easy on the weight in case the back goes but I've noticed a solidity through the core coming on.

Working up to 5 rep max, went to 3 today but I don't think it's worth it.

Agree it's all about the diet. lay off the ale and the diet improves. Sucker for a biscuit and kit kat though.

Stir fry chicken (prawn, beef), veg with noodles as an optional evening meal.

those insanity workouts look good. You can torrent them all if you need to. Just as a guide pro footballers, athletes will work with 4 to 5% BF, 10% will be a hell of an achievement

Just started deadlifting and squating. Taking it easy on the weight in case the back goes but I've noticed a solidity through the core coming on.

Working up to 5 rep max, went to 3 today but I don't think it's worth it.

Agree it's all about the diet. lay off the ale and the diet improves. Sucker for a biscuit and kit kat though.

Stir fry chicken (prawn, beef), veg with noodles as an optional evening meal.

Insanity is really good, it's not just a rip off fad (I never bought it anyway), it really does work you as long as you push yourself. Gets you proper fit too, which is another benefit.

Yeah, I should of worded my post better.

The Stronglifts program is all compound movements, Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, Bent Over Row and Military Press. All these exercises are very demanding on your core. Get your diet squared away and stick to the program and you'll get pretty ripped with great abs.

• 4 weeks later...

Things progressing pretty well now, weight wise I'm below 85kg so only a couple of kilos to go to target (I think). Upper body now resembles a slightly malnourished extra from 300* but just a little bit of belly fat to go for the full sixpack.

Whoever talked about lifestyle changes on here was spot on, pretty much eating salad with fish / eggs / steak. Very slowly upping the workouts and had two really good sessions with a personal trainer too. Currently have a shoulder pull which prevents us doing pressups and this frustrates me so much more than I would have expected.

Ridiculous target or not, I reckon I'm about 5 weeks off a pretty decent core physique.

*not the mutant / hunchback one, obviously

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for bodyweight exercises to do at home, I hit upon this site and a pic of the most glorious arse one could wish for!

Top-20-bodyweight-exercises-for-building-muscle-strength/

At no 15, there's the following, with a pic to illustrate the second paragraph...

15) Single Leg Hip Thrust

While pistol squats take care of most of your lower body needs you may want to include some hip extension work to make sure you have all your bases covered.

2nbuh53.jpg

This is especially important for girls who want an ass you can rest a drink on.

A great bodyweight exercise that does that for you is the single leg hip thrust.

Set up two benches, put your upper back on one and one foot on another with the non working leg bent and up near your chest.

Now let your hips drop down toward the ground as low as you can. Drive your heel into the bench and lift your hips all the way up, while consciously contracting your glute.

After you can knock out 15-20 reps with perfect form while keeping your hips stabilized and not hyperextending your lower back I’d throw some chains or band resistance over your waist.

The only downside - and it's not an inconsiderable one - is that if you got your dick in there, she's got so much strength and control of her rear musculature, there's a chance that you may never see it again! But man, what a way to go!

WANT! :drool:

Anyone been getting into the kettle-bells lately? Now c'mon, it has the word 'bell' in it. No sniggering. This is serious business. I've been mixing them with my usual weights and jogs.

Gotta say, 45 minutes with the kettle bells and a jog and I feel like I've been physically assaulted and not in a sexual way, but assaulted in that 'dang, really good workout' way. Anyone else tried them, want to share some good exercises etc?

This thread is so alpha male, I love it.

Anyone been getting into the kettle-bells lately? Now c'mon, it has the word 'bell' in it. No sniggering. This is serious business. I've been mixing them with my usual weights and jogs.

Gotta say, 45 minutes with the kettle bells and a jog and I feel like I've been physically assaulted and not in a sexual way, but assaulted in that 'dang, really good workout' way. Anyone else tried them, want to share some good exercises etc?

This thread is so alpha male, I love it.

When they 'six pack' David, Strongbow doesn't count. Even with Blackcurrant.

C'mon man, weekend binge drinking doesn't count! Although I sometimes lose track of the difference between 'binge' and '48 hour black-out, police cell bender'.

Generally the midgets in the motel room are still alive in the former, at least that's how I differentiate.

• 3 months later...

I've pretty much done this now. Weight varies from 81-82kg and have pretty decent abs, despite not doing a lot of working out. As someone said, it has required a complete lifestyle change which I'll have to stick to if I'm to maintain it, but the hardest part is done now.

The most relevant pieces of advice (to me anyway) have been to cut out the bread / spuds etc and buy the convict conditioning book. Thanks GF!